• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
Oh god no, I just opened my 30 legendary crystals and still don't get Agate... Even though I'm done with Torna, I don't know if I'll ever truly finish the main game at this rate. I don't want to keep grinding just to get my last rare blade

I needed way more than 100 legendary crystals to get my last rare blade.
What do you mean by truly finish? 100%?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I needed way more than 100 legendary crystals to get my last rare blade.
What do you mean by truly finish? 100%?
100% basically, I only need Agate to have all the rare blades and just need to beat a couple of the last superbosses. It's hard to have the motivation to jump in again knowing that most of what's left to do will require a bunch of grinding

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Does the Xenoblade experience change in any appreciable way from Hour 10 onward? I'm considering trading this game back in but the DLC purchase is a compete sunk cost.

Depends where you are up to. by hour 10 you will likely have barely opened up all the skills/full battle system. If you haven't gotten distracted. Its a 100 hr game and its battle system is very fun when you understand it and are leveled up

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh and a crucial question!

Where is the Serene Springside in gormott? I can't find it anywhere for jins growth three

Last edited:

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
help for late game sidequest

oh dammit how do I get to morumo on that roof?

edit: nevermind this is Mario level platforming lol

Last edited:

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Oh and a crucial question!

Where is the Serene Springside in gormott? I can't find it anywhere for jins growth three
It's just down the hill from the campsite near Siegle Fell, where you meet the two children. The Springside is the shallow lake under those giant roots you can climb. It's the same area as Lyta Oasis in the main game, if that's of any help.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
I am not sure I can get the final Driver Coaching quest
to get Brake and Topple 5 enemies not sure who I used to get 1/5

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
It wouldn't be so bad if only there was some good boss to grind against! The lvl 85 boss is so slow...

Yeah, I actually think the game really struggles in the post game. Don't get me wrong, exploring the world, battling unique monsters and soaking in the world is still wonderful.

But because the world is small and almost every inch of it is used in the main story, there's not many places where they can hide really powerful enemies.

Doing the main story and doing all the side quests will get you within striking distance of the first superboss, but after that it's a grind against superbosses to climb the ranks.

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
I'm back in the main game and damn it's so sad that you cannot keep the awesome designs of the rare blade weapons. Once you used a chip they look all the same -.-

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I grabbed the expansion and am very early on so I might be expecting a tutorial but is the battle system just swapping blades/ drivers and positioning? I haven't seen anything about Elemental stacking / combos that was in the proper.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I grabbed the expansion and am very early on so I might be expecting a tutorial but is the battle system just swapping blades/ drivers and positioning? I haven't seen anything about Elemental stacking / combos that was in the proper.

Elemental combos are still in, but the game has taken certain.... precautions.... to dissuade players from falling back on the main game's primary strategy for boss fights.

And remember, in the main game, the elemental combo tutorial didn't show up until chapter 3!

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, some quests require it to be you doing the combo ender, like Smash. So if you use Lora you need to Smash with Kaze switch-in.

DXB-KNIGHT

Oct 27, 2017
Torna (the group) was a mystery for me even after finishing the game which really bothered me. Who are these people and why should I care about them. Them being frenemies was confusing all the way.
After finishing the expansion I understood where are they coming from and for me they stool out now more than the main protagonist.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea how you didn't get this quest done minutes after getting it. Are you sure you're playing as the character doing the combo?
have no idea combos, break and topple are not normally things I focus on I only managed 1/5 this time I am pretty sure I did this quest before NG+ just this time I seem to kill everything before I get a chance to break and topple

this is my very last quest only 2 people left outside of my community NG+ does not really have much more to offer so I'll call it quits here

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Beat Torna 100% now, 33 hours. Talk about good value DLC! It got me motivated to start my NG+ run of the og XB2 as well.

Darkmark1987

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone able to let me know how far I am into the game? Think im approaching the end just been told to go to
torna womb, and lorna got knighted.

Also what's the recommended level for the last boss?

Cheers

Shadow Walker

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone able to let me know how far I am into the game? Think im approaching the end just been told to go to

Cheers
About 3/4 or a little bit over that. I beat the game with my party at level 56 had an easy time at that level though.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Cheers

It's hard to gauge since most of the game is doing Community Quests and Character Building. I got to that point at 30 hours, but beat the game at 50. :P
Shadow Walker is pretty spot-on though, plot-wise, you've seen probably 3/4 of the story cutscenes.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Beat it last night. Trying to get 100% took me about 36 hours. Random general thoughts, which are pretty much in line with what I've been reading here:

- The last bosses and cutscenes were great

- Throughout the whole play through, I was thinking what's the point of gold, anyway? Then I was like, oh, I see...

- I was not prepared for that nightmare fuel

- As with the base game, the voice acting overall was very good

- I was sad to this concluding chapter to the whole XBC2 universe, but I'm glad it ended on a high note, as a sharper, more refined version of the original game (with better writing, in my opinion)

- Telling people that this is a good game to play before playing the base game is nuts.

Last edited:

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Dat feel when you're missing one community member and one plate for the Aletta seal, and you have no idea which ones they are.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
These Gargoyles robots that you fight around on the 2nd half of the game were a god damn pain in the ass yesterday for me. You had 3-4 of them to kill, one after the other. And I died like 5-6 times against each of them because they have some one hit kill mechanic that I never understood how to counter and I never had time to fill the bar for chain attacks in time.
I basically beated them by chance because one of my team member survived the one hit attack for some reason and was able to res the rest of the team in time.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Finished this last night. Took me about 22 hours. I thought it was great. Definitely some padding with mandatory side quests but I found them to be more enjoyable here since the world is so much smaller and because your level up so much faster, the benefits from those side quests are more significant.

With this DLC, it put Xenoblade 2 above Breath of the Wild as my most played Switch game. I think BoTW is still my favorite by the whole Xenoblade 2 experience is definitely a close second. The ending was heart breaking as expected but it was a nice send off for Xenoblade 2. I may dabble with the challenge mode a bit (still haven't tried out Elma) and I may do a new game plus in the near future. But like with many great, long games there is an empty space that probably won't be filled for a bit. The Xenoblade series has achieved to the closest to making me feel the way I did when I played those epic RPGs on the Playstation and Playstation 2. I still have Xenoblade X still to beat but I am hoping for a Switch release. Give me an excuse to experience that world fresh and it's the most grindy of the series which lends well to a portable system.

Now the long wait for whatever Monolith has in store next.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Depends where you are up to. by hour 10 you will likely have barely opened up all the skills/full battle system. If you haven't gotten distracted. Its a 100 hr game and its battle system is very fun when you understand it and are leveled up
10 hours in you probably haven't even unlocked anything tbh.

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Playing Torna before the base game would significantly ruin the extremely well done carrot on a stick story of the original.

Torna is a solid entry that answers some of those lingering questions, but it would do way more damage to play it first.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
So what gets added in NG+ for Torna?
2018091603503000-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4F12DA9898.jpg

It's worth noting that only two items are available from the bards. :(

Darkmark1987

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Appreciate the responses to my earlier questions, such a meaty DLC, although I prefer the main game, this May be the best DLC ever

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Finished it 100% a little earlier tonight. I'm sad it's over, but I had a great time.

I actually booted up the base game afterwards and had a run around. As I've said countless times, Torna plays better, no doubt about it - but the world of XC2 is just mesmerising.

Running through Gormott, Uraya, Mor Ardain, Tantal and Leftheria just can't be topped.

Gormott just has so much more atmosphere with green fireflies dancing across the plains at night, roaming thick clouds of fog and glow-in-the- dark fruit.

There's more monsters around and the music is just fantastic. Spying a well-lit Torigoth in the distance, with thunder and rain pounding down in the skies around is just magic.

And then when you arrive in Torigoth there's such a cosy atmosphere in the market square, before you make your way through the cramped, multi-level port and eventually the surrounding farmland.

Mor Ardain looks like an industrial powerhouse with smoke being pumped out of every building, while Uraya really is just tremendous to look at.

I could go on and on...

I absolutely love Torna, but roaming around Alrest in the base game tonight made me realise just how exceptional the world design is in the original interpretation.