• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I genuinely like the way they handled this! I have no problem with alternative costumes that cover more aslong as they are optional and user preference. People who like a more covered up look should be able to have it while people who like more risque outfits should be allowed to have their share too.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
They can't keep getting away with constantly updating this game.

Just finish it so I can finally start playing lol

Well, they said there would be no more content after Torna, so this is probably one of the last updates we'll see.

You're definitely good to start playing at this point, lol.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Torrential Downpour incoming!!1!

T2EtOxe.gif

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Not gonna lie, in the smash thread I hated the black leggings and liked the covered up boob window. In game the black looks pretty slick. I also covers her back in black which you couldn't see in the smash sticker. It looks slick as hell.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
The dialogue sure isn't subtle. The equipment is also called "Massive Melee Mythra" and increases critical hit rate by 25%.

DtS43piVYAAN8dM.jpg

DtS743MU0AEXBde.jpg

Last edited:

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
That aux core is absurdly good too especially for Torna.

And just like the main game, they wear their costumes in the cut scenes too in Torna.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
I know I said it would be great if the edited costume was added to the game, but I didn't think they would actually do it. I know what I am switching Mythra's costume to now.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hah I like it.

As an optional outfit I've got no problem and that's a nice bit of cross promotion.

I'm curious does it say why it was altered? Obviously it was the games rating I'm just curious if they admit that.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Watched a few cutscenes with the new costume. The character talking scenes are better now. The black doesn't suit the fight scenes though, especialy anything with Malos and Mythra.

Robo

Oct 27, 2017
That's rad! I appreciate how committed Monolith Soft is to updating this game.

I think the design is an overall improvement but it's weird that Pyra didn't get the same treatment since her outfit was way worse to me.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Tried this out in-game and it looks great. Her back is covered in black too, it makes the design feel more cohesive than the 2D picture would lead you to believe.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Omg, wasn't expecting this. While I generally prefer the original being able to use this as well is so cool!

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
That outfit slaps the shit out of the original. GG Monolith Soft for adding it in.

Nov 4, 2018
I highly doubt the people who are saying this outfit makes them more interested in playing the game, implying the only reason they didn't want to play this game was because of the outfits, will ever actually play this game.

Cool to have more options but don't pretend a covered up version of Mythra will suddenly make you want to play a game that's been out for a long time.

Personally I like the idea of Xenoblade and Smash having a promotion where they share a design created out of necessity, but I can't shake the fact that this outfit was created because of CERO's BS and not because the devs felt like she needed a whole new outfit, hence why Pyrha is unchanged.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I highly doubt the people who are saying this outfit makes them more interested in playing the game, implying the only reason they didn't want to play this game was because of the outfits, will ever actually play this game.

Cool to have more options but don't pretend a covered up version of Mythra will suddenly make you want to play a game that's been out for a long time.

Personally I like the idea of Xenoblade and Smash having a promotion where they share a design created out of necessity, but I can't shake the fact that this outfit was created because of CERO's BS and not because the devs felt like she needed a whole new outfit, hence why Pyrha is unchanged.

They won't. If that was the sole reason then it won't help because Pyra and other are untouched.

I feel like this was mostly the Xenoblade team making lemonade from lemons. Just roll with it and give a nice bit of cross promotion. If it was a deliberate promo then I imagine they'd have done something with Pyra.

But hey anything that gives more favor to Rex in Smash is fine by me.