• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

We will deliver "Xenoblade 2" Ver. 1.2.0 update data and additional quests and items of "Expansion Pass" in the afternoon of Friday, 19th (Friday)!
For additional content, please see here too!

For expansion pass holders, this also comes with 5 quests (explicitly labelled "pack 1" in the same way the items pack at launch was, implying quests will continue to release as part of the ongoing DLC release plan), and a 3rd pack of items (including a legendary core crystal, 10 rare core crystals, an overdrive, some food, and an accessory).

Haven't been able to find any info on the contents of the update aside from that, though -- ie whether NG+ or any QOL features made the cut.

EDIT: It's up!

Version 1.2.0
– Fixed an issue in which parts set to a specific Skill RAM failed to provide their intended effects.
– Adjusted the Gormott regular quest "The Riddle on the Wall" to make it completable regardless of player progression in the main story.
– Adjusted Finch's Blade Quest "Birds of a Feather" to make it completable regardless of player progression in the main story.
– Fixed an issue in Agate's Blade Quest "Precious Yearnings" preventing quest progression.
– Added functionality to allow players to receive the first round of quests and the second round of items associated with the Expansion Pass.
– Voiced segments in menus can now be skipped with the A or B button.

Last edited:

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for a resolution increase. Come on guys! That's all I am holding out for.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
Did they ever fix the god awful resolution when the game is undocked? That was the reason I stopped playing it. I really enjoy playing JRPGs in portable form and I just couldn't deal with that blurry mess.

I could be mistaken, but it looks like the Japanese page for the expansion pass mentions the DLC quests in more detail, including the soonest that they're available. The final one looks like it unlocks once you reach chapter 10, for instance.

OP
OP
Miller

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not a QoL patch huh? I mean, I can't pass up on more content in the game. But there's some fixes I'd like to be seen rolled out at some point.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Waiting for a resolution increase. Come on guys! That's all I am holding out for.

Did they ever fix the god awful resolution when the game is undocked? That was the reason I stopped playing it. I really enjoy playing JRPGs in portable form and I just couldn't deal with that blurry mess.

I don't get it..
I know it may be low res or whatever, but the game looks spectacular to me. I love the look, even in handheld mode.

Anyway.. I wonder what kinds of quests you get with the pass.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it..
I know it may be low res or whatever, but the game looks spectacular to me. I love the look, even in handheld mode.

Try playing it on a real 4k TV. Looks like smeared shit on my OLED at points. Enough that I stopped playing. Then handheld can get as bad... Seriously it looks like a badly compressed YouTube video sometimes.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
I don't get it..

I wish it looked great to me. The game is literally unplayable for me because of the resolution. If there's no fix soon I'm probably just going to sell it and move on.

Oct 27, 2017
Relix ahhh buddy, I can't say agree with you on how the game looks.
I don't have a 4k tv and all, but then the Switch wasn't designed with 4k in mind.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to wait for new Blades but I have not started playing anything else so might as well see these quests through

Kandinsky

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing these quests wont involve any fighting because most people are L99.

That or the content will be end game only.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Some places on my 4K look bad (Gormott is a mess), but in general, it's been pretty great. Framerate stabilization would be nice.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Try playing it on a real 4k TV. Looks like smeared shit on my OLED at points. Enough that I stopped playing. Then handheld can get as bad... Seriously it looks like a badly compressed YouTube video sometimes.

That's how I remembered describing it, like a YT video running at 240p . :)

Docked is a decent improvement which I don't mind if they leave it as it is. This is on my 1080p set.

But there's no question about it in portable mode, it's pretty rough.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind some graphical downgrades in portable mode to hit a higher resolution. Or heck, even in docked.

Dropping below standard definition in portable mode is not even remotely acceptable.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it..

Did you play on handheld during battles or in the city? I'm not sure how you love the handheld given the very low res + sharpening filter, it looks worse than X or can even look near 3ds on some instances (battles especially with heavy particle effects)

Koeta

Dec 12, 2017
I played over 250 hours on my 4k TV and didn't think it looked bad, yeah it's not pixel perfect by any means lol, but it's not 3ds quality either.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The New Quests Pack will contain the following items:

– 10 Rare Core Crystals
– 1 Legendary Core Crystal
– 1 Overdrive Protocol
– 3 Juicy Samod (Tora's favorite)
– 3 Fizz Juice (Poppi a's favorite)
– 1 Auto Balancer

And the following quests (official English names TBA):

– The Artisan's Suffering (from chapter 2)
– The Nopon who Went Missing (from chapter 3)
– Abandoned Factory Exploration Tour (from chapter 5)
– Dining Hall at Late Night (from chapter 7)
– Scout Soldier (from chapter 10)
http://nintendoeverything.com/xenoblade-chronicles-2-version-1-2-0-new-quests-pack-out-this-week/

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Did you play on handheld during battles or in the city? I'm not sure how you love the handheld given the very low res + sharpening filter, it looks worse than X or can even look near 3ds on some instances (battles especially with heavy particle effects)
I played almost the entire game in handheld mode up until like two weeks ago and it never looked "near 3DS", ever. The resolution wasn't great, and some places are bad (like Gormott and Torigoth, which I had issues with in 4K as well), but it was alright.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this update lets me get KOS-MOS this time around. She's the only one left.

Nov 1, 2017
I hope one of the new quests is about pollen orb smuggling. It plays a minor role in Godfrey's quest, and the other Nopon conspiracies in the game are great. I just want more :p

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017

I have and it doesn't look nearly as bad as you're making it out to be. I hate how pathetically underpowered the Switch is, but XC2 looks okay, even blown up on an OLED 4K. Not perfect, but not "Oh my god my eyes I can't do this anymore." Maybe it's a difference in TV upscaler?

Could it be better? Not on this hardware, I don't think. Monolith's doing the best they can with what they have to work with, IMO.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played this on a 4K OLED and never had a problem with the game's looks.

I barely did any side quests as-is. I'd rather they throw some new unique Lv 90+ monsters into the world. :(

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017

Compared to X on the gamepad, 2 in handheld mode is far better. 'Near 3ds' is just being dramatic.

Oct 26, 2017
There's definitely performance issues but I deal with the game just fine in handheld and on my 4k set.

Just comes down to why you play games I guess.

Took a break at chapter 8 to grind affinities and farm crystals. Have all the rare blades and most of the good ones fully unlocked. Maybe it's time to finish the story.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it..

It goes down to like 360p in handheld. 360p!!!

It's...bearable on a 1080p TV so I can only imagine how awful it must look on a 4k.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't Xenoblade 2 based on the X engine built for the Wii U?

How does it struggle so much in portable mode? (sorry, not a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 owner)