• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Another update on Xenoblade Chronicle 2 which launched December 1 2017.

And after 10 months, it sold 1.53 millions.
The continuous support from free update and season pass seems to be the big reason why the leg stays strong as it is very unlikely for a Jrpg genre game to keep selling without any sales.

Congratz to Monolith Soft, and lets hope for more success for them in the future.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

Previous number is 1.42m so it means another 110k copies sold from last data we got.

I am sad we dont have Torna number though.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I bought this month due to really good discounts on amazon. I liked Torna so hopefully this time it'll stick.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Another update on Xenoblade Chronicle 2 which launched December 1 2017.

And after 10 months, it sold 1.53 millions.
The continuous support from free update and season pass seems to be the big reason why the leg stays strong as it is very unlikely for a Jrpg genre game to keep selling without any sales.

Congratz to Monolith Soft, and lets hope for more success for them in the future.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

Previous number is 1.42m so it means another 110k copies sold from last data we got.

I am sad we dont have Torna number though.
I'm sure it contributed to some of that additional 100k.

Even just by bringing publicity through it's release.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Great sales and hopefully a springboard for further success in the future for the series.

At this point, I think it would be cool to cut the price and get it into as many hands as possible.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
This will probably be its final official number before Pokemon and Smash knock it off the top 10 next quarter.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
All the impressions about a bad handheld performance have scared me off. Maybe I'll get it when that improves, maybe with a Switch revision.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
0IEq1DW.gif

Ready for Xenoblade 3, Xenoblade X2 and new Fantasy IP

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who just picked up a season pass, well deserved

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
This will probably be its final official number before Pokemon and Smash knock it off the top 10 next quarter.

It's been a good run. It would be interesting to find out the expansion pass and standalone Torna sales to get an idea of just how successful the overall game has been.

We already know it's Monolith Soft's best selling game ever, but I'd imagine the aforementioned factors have made it an even better result for them than these sales figures suggest.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
It's been a good run. It would be interesting to find out the expansion pass and standalone Torna sales to get an idea of just how successful the overall game has been.

We already know it's Monolith Soft's best selling game ever, but I'd imagine the aforementioned factors have made it an even better result for them than these sales figures suggest.
I don't think Nintendo has ever released sales information about DLC for Switch games, but at the very least Takahashi said Torna was performing above expectations in Japan.

OP
OP
casiopao

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Great sales and hopefully a springboard for further success in the future for the series.

At this point, I think it would be cool to cut the price and get it into as many hands as possible.

A nintendo select release or a double pack with Torna is a good way to get more sales if u ask me.^_^

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Almost finished Xenobale Chronicles 3DS and it was a great surprise!
Really good story and some decent characters, big interesting world, fun combat... it has it's problems, but overall is like good old jrpg!
Is this a sequel or it is like a totally new game? (I don't own a switch but that will be one of the reasons I will get one in the future)

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
I must admit I haven't beat the game yet. Awesome game, but I need more time... Awesome game and any money going to monolith is a will done investment.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Really good story and some decent characters, big interesting world, fun combat... it has it's problems, but overall is like good old jrpg!
Is this a sequel or it is like a totally new game? (I don't own a switch but that will be one of the reasons I will get one in the future)

It's essentially an entirely new game. There's a few cool easter eggs referencing the first game, so it's good that you've played it, but it's basically unrelated.

OP
OP
casiopao

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

It can be called a new game with no relation to XC1 but there is some wonderful twist. You should finish XC1 and then immediately go into Xeno 2 as when u finished the game. U will the ultimate bliss.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Considering neither the Wii version of Xenoblade 1 or the Wii U release of Xenoblade X ever reached 1 million copies, I'm wondering if Xenoblade 2's lifetime sales have a shot at eclipsing XC1 Wii and XCX's combined lifetime sales.

It's hard to be certain though since we never got worldwide numbers on XC1 or XCX.

Oct 29, 2017
That's incredible! Amazing legs for a JRPG!

Could XB2 end up outselling ARMS? (and Persona 5 for that matter) I don't think it's impossible! (though probably unlikely)

It's hard to be certain since we never got worldwide sales for Xenoblade 1 on Wii or Xenoblade X due to neither release hitting 1m copies, but I'm wondering if XC2's lifetime sales have a shot at eclipsing XC1 Wii and XCX's combined lifetime sales.

It probably already has. I don't think XBX did more than 500k worldwide.

OP
OP
casiopao

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's incredible! Amazing legs for a JRPG!

Could XB2 end up outselling ARMS? (and Persona 5 for that matter) I don't think it's impossible!

No way lol. While the leg have been damn stable. 110k sold every quarter. Now there are no more torna so it will be very hard for the game to sell anymore there.

Considering the Wii version of Xenoblade 1 and the Wii U release of Xenoblade X neither reached 1 million copies, but I'm wondering if Xenoblade 2's lifetime sales have a shot at eclipsing XC1 Wii and XCX's combined lifetime sales.

It's hard to be certain though since we never got worldwide numbers on XC1 or XCX.

I dont think so. If i am not mistaken XCX did close to 1 m right? And XC1 should did close to 700k. So it is still quite a far path to go.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Could XB2 end up outselling ARMS? (and Persona 5 for that matter) I don't think it's impossible! (though probably unlikely)

Arms is over 2m so it's incredibly unlikely. Also regarding XCX: If I'm remembering correctly it sould 200-300k in North America in its first month alone, so it's likely over 500k.
I dont think so. If i am not mistaken XCX did close to 1 m right? And XC1 should did close to 700k. So it is still quite a far path to go.
I've never seen official worldwide numbers for either game.

Wakawun

Oct 27, 2017
So good. I got the full expansion pass when I bought the main game at launch and I'm probably halfway through Torna right now. It blows my mind the sheer value of the package. The content is insane. I will buy Monolithsoft's next release with full confidence.

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
I bought the CE and I don't even have a switch! Loved the first one. Maybe when I am done with my ginormous ps4 backlog...

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to hear it has kept selling. JRPGs tend to have short legs, so I wonder what's different this time. If ResetEra is any indication, the game has kept up in the public consciousness, as I still hear it get brought up all the time. Maybe the season pass + expansion really helped keep it relevant? Or maybe just the fact that it remains the premiere JRPG on Switch.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the game is really amazing. i have to get the expansion pass and play torna one of these days.
between this and helping nintendo on some of their biggest games, monolith soft was really a huge get for nintendo. the decision to buy them has really paid off.

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
Well deserved, XC2 was my first Xeno game and I loved it. Haven't started on the Torna expansion yet but I am sure it will be great as well.

Looking forward to the next game from Monolith Soft.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
As I said in the other thread, isn't this pretty amazing numbers for what is a very core, very JRPG game? To sell that much almost a year after its initial release?

Big kudos to MonolithSoft for of course having such an exemplary post-launch support cycle including Torna

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
But Neogaf told me the Artstyle was gonna leave it doa

OP
OP
casiopao

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Glad to hear it has kept selling. JRPGs tend to have short legs, so I wonder what's different this time. If ResetEra is any indication, the game has kept up in the public consciousness, as I still hear it get brought up all the time. Maybe the season pass + expansion really helped keep it relevant? Or maybe just the fact that it remains the premiere JRPG on Switch.

Takahashi actually mentioned the reason lol.

1. Gacha
The salt, sugar and pain all result on post in social media with put its title on forefront of jrpg fans.

2. Great post release support
Easily the best season pass ever released for a jrpg help a lot.

3. Huge support by fans and artist.
Xc2 had huge backing from doujin, artist and fans push which means interest in the game is huge.

All those combined makes xeno2 probably one of the few jrpg with great legs.(pokemon is the king though)

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As I said in the other thread, isn't this pretty amazing numbers for what is a very core, very JRPG game? To sell that much almost a year after its initial release?
it's amazing in two ways
a, the game has decent legs which is very unusual for a jrpg. rarely does a jrpg sell any amount a year after release
b, there aren't really a lot of jrpg series that can get to these numbers any more. there's final fantasy, dragon quest, pokemon and persona (am i missing anything?). and those always become million sellers on much bigger install bases.

OP
OP
casiopao

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
But Neogaf told me the Artstyle was gonna leave it doa

To think that XC2 still selling strong over the corpse of Gaf lol.

it's amazing in two ways
a, the game has decent legs which is very unusual for a jrpg. rarely does a jrpg sell any amount a year after release
b, there aren't really a lot of jrpg series that can get to these numbers any more. there's final fantasy, dragon quest, pokemon and persona (am i missing anything?). and those always become million sellers on much bigger install bases.

Nier did good too. And i think thats considered jrpg right? But yeah. XC2 did really well for a jrpg. I think Octopath probably can beat XC2 number though.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To think that XC2 still selling strong over the corpse of Gaf lol.
lol, xc2 had the final laugh

Nier did good too. And i think thats considered jrpg right? But yeah. XC2 did really well for a jrpg. I think Octopath probably can beat XC2 number though.
i don't think octopath will outsell it. last we heard it was at 1 million but i think that game will perform more like a traditional rpg and not have a lot of legs.

OP
OP
casiopao

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
lol, xc2 had the final laugh

i don't think octopath will outsell it. last we heard it was at i million but i think that game will perform more like a traditional rpg and not have a lot of legs.

I think SE f up its released there. In japan, it had potential selling 250k but tx to shortages they cut the leg short. Hiks.

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome results. Xenoblade 2 is one of my favorite Switch games. I'm happy for Takahashi and Monolithsoft's success. I hope we don't have to wait too long for a new Xenoblade/new IP.

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
That's good. I hope these sales are enough to secure the series' future. Hopefully we'll hear of an X port early next year.