• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
Proceed with caution

Set in the Aegis War, the Driver-Blade mechanic is gone and instead you control characters like Addam, Mythra, Brighid, Minoth, Lora, etc. directly, they all have 7 arts but characters like Addam for example can't upgrade their weapons with core chips. Also, there's blade data for Jin, Haze and I think Malos too so they will probably be rewards or something. Oh, and Shulk and Fiora return as blades, Shulk has the Monado and his upgrade dialogue is on 4chan, I don't know if I'm allowed to link it though. He also has a "I'm really feeling it" taunt, because of course he would.

Gameplay mechanics and a bit of the premise.

Also, the datamine confirms that The Conduit is the Zohar (might just be a reference to its shape though)
1525925105256.png

Also, this is the World Tree (from 4chan also, so I don't doubt the authenticity of the previous leaks)
1525916426380.png

1525916632727.png

"Proverbs 1:7
timor Domini principium scientiae sapientiam atque doctrinam stulti despiciunt
(The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. The foolish despise wisdom as well as doctrine.)

Proverbs 1:8-9
audi fili mi disciplinam patris tui et ne dimittas legem matris tuae
(Listen, my son, to the discipline of your father, and forsake not the law of your mother,)

ut addatur gratia capiti tuo et torques collo tuo
(so that grace may be added to your head and a collar to your neck.)"

The datamining was done and compiled by the XC reddit community, the dataminer is Moosehunter, well known for XC2 datamining. Original source wasn't from 4chan. So yea, these are legit.

https://thealexbarney.github.io/xenoblade2-data/xb2/bdat/index.html
This is the site by Moosehunter.

Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Have never played the games, just read up on everything, but still. HOLY SHIT, that's a doozy. People are so lightfooted these days with spoilers, I thought okay its probably gonna be something cool, and was completely unprepared for all those spoilers. So many implications.

OP
OP
Momo

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
Have never played the games, just read up on everything, but still. HOLY SHIT, that's a doozy. People are so lightfooted these days with spoilers, I thought okay its probably gonna be something cool, and was completely unprepared for all those spoilers. So many implications.

What are you doing here then!? Go play the Xenoblade games so you can find out why they're masterpieces. :D

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
If true, the story DLC premise is about what I expected but the new gameplay mechanics might be more extensive than I hoped. The Blades are nice too, along with them straight up calling the Conduit the Zohar in the game data.

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
Only read the first line but Holy Shit I can't wait for it. Knew my season pass purchase was right.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Need to have a friend beat the first xenoblade before he gets spoiled by the new blade lol.

OP
OP
Momo

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to think this story DLC is much more substantial than initially thought...

*faint*

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I guess that was expected about the story DLC. Looking forward to it.

About those two blades... OMG. Guess I'll have to buy the season pass.

Evergarden

Oct 25, 2017
I was waiting for a reason to buy season pass and I think this has pushed me off the cliff.

Damn, can't wait...

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well damn, I'll wait for a trailer but might hop in the season pass too.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Loving the sound of this. Everything I hoped for, and that Zelda failed to deliver with its "story" DLC.

Lazrgatr

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
On one hand it'd be nice to see Kiran and Hinoka given all their focus in the flashback.

On the other hand we don't get to see more of the ending and we probably aren't getting anymore postgame content either.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wow it straight up sounds like they're making a new game in that story DLC that's crazy. Also does this also confirm the datamine we got last time with the level scaling and playable Jin and all that?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't too excited for the season pass until now, and then I'm "SO BOUGHT" after reading that.

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
XB2 keeps getting better and better. I think P5 edges it out but it's pretty close to being the best jRPG of the generation.

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have a date?
I'm not buying the season pass until this is out, but when it's out, i'm 100% in, It happen many times before that it went on discount before an actual DLC arrived.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Is a shame that we won't see more story after the ending but I'm suspecting that, considering how popular it ended-up being, XC2 could be the first entry in the series to have a sequel in the same universe.

(Or at least I hope so, need more Morag and Brighid).

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I'm going to assume they will showcase the DLC story during E3 Spotlight, but god damn I am soo hyped for this!

While I wouldn't object to getting all new lines for them during post-combat dialogue, I do also hope that they got Adam Howden and Carina Reeves to re-record some of their better known post-combat lines so that the nostalgia bombing will be complete and leave no survivors. Plus, this would mean that both actors will have been in all three Xenoblade games, which is a nice bit of symmetry to go along with everything else in the series.

The DLC offering up new gameplay is a really cool idea and makes a lot of sense now that we know that they're going to be pushing the existing combat to its limits with the challenge arena and the recently announced harder difficulty.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds substantial compared to DLC like BoTW. Not gonna lie, even though I enjoyed the Champion's Ballad I was a little disappointed by the scope of it and was a little reluctant to purchase this one so far in advance. I ended up loving the game so much that I did it any way so I am happy it's looking like it's gonna be pretty big.

Discord isn't public, I only found about it today. Here's the thread (big warning, it's 4chan): https://boards.4chan.org/vg/thread/214254507

And another spoiler, all the Challenge Mode enemies:
Level 150 Gogol (possibly the third "legendary Gogol" mentioned in one of the Challenge Mode missions)
Level 140 Cloud Sea King Ken (possibly the enraged red version you fight in one of the Challenge Mode missions)
Level 125 Nameless Sentinel, an Artifice Colossus unique monster
Level 120 Rosa (Ω Sakura in Japanese)
Level 115 Garlus General from a Challenge Mode mission where the Garlux, Igna, and Tirkin tribes join forces.
Level 115 Gogol
Level 113 Igna General from that Challenge Mode mission
Level 112 Ardainian Citadel, a unique monster for those big weaponized Titans used in Mor Ardain
Level 110 "Gyario", a Sovereign enemy ("Watcher" enemy like Arek)
Level 110 Tirkin General from that Challenge Mode mission
Level 108 Venal Igna, a mounted Igna
Level 108 Runaway Train Bool, now with a Blade
Level 108 Ardainian Fighter, a unique monster for those Titan gunship enemies used in Mor Ardain
Level 106 blue Aligo
Level 106 "Gyario" Sovereign enemy ("Buster" enemy like Gerolf that spawns Familions)
Level 106 Ahaid Garlus
Level 106 Atrocious Hermes, now with a Blade
Level 105 Fiar Garlus
Level 104 Zext Garlus
Level 104 Wall Igna (sword Igna)
Level 103 Jenth Garlus
Level 102 Duel Igna (Igna with two swords)
Level 102 Gogol
Level 102 "Gyario" (debug name is "Vacuum Cleaner" which doesn't correspond with other Sovereigns)
Level 102 blue Crustip
Level 101 Telen Igna (flute Igna)
Level 100 Shield Tirkin (sword Tirkin)
Level 100 Rosa ("Mini Sakura"), of which there are three
Level 100 Skyfist Remington
Level 100 Archer Igna
Level 100 Regodos Totem
Challenge accepted.

And let's face it, challenge mode is already worth for not one but two more opportunities to hear Song of Giga Rosa.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Jesus and I thought BotW ate up too many months of my time... XC2 is approaching MMO like levels of time destruction.