• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
I mean portable mode is totally serviceable but it's just that TV mode is much, much better experience.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Played for like 3 hours today, and I gotta say I'm really feeling it.

Story seems super interesting, and OST is god like just like the first one, and combat is super fun.

Visuals also look great in 'TV mode' while being rather 'disappointing' on handheld. I've even experienced some frame dips here and there (although they were bad enough to affect my gameplay.)

Don't really dig English dub much either but that'll be addressed by Japanese Voice DLC so that's fine.

Disappointed in what way? Isn't it just a drop in resolution ( and possibly fps)? And wouldn't the switch lcd screen make up for some of the blurryness because of the PPI which will be more than your tv.

For eg: I found Zelda to be more sharper than playing on tv.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of glad I've been playing XBC on the WiiU tablet all week. Not much chance of being disappointed by the visuals when I'm upgrading from that.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed in what way? Isn't it just a drop in resolution ( and possibly fps)? And wouldn't the switch lcd screen make up for some of the blurryness because of the PPI which will be more than your tv.
I mean resolution dip is pretty big and very noticeable.

Especially after you play the gorgeous tv mode. I guess it's serviceable but after playing on TV, I would much prefer to play this docked rather than portablely.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

For eg: I found Zelda to be more sharper than playing on tv.

IMO, the screeshots in portable mode just make it look flat as hell .the sense of scale doesnt translate.

Seiez

Oct 29, 2017
There is a special "battle voices" slider. I think the animation (cutscenes) are way better than i anticipated. Way above your normal jrpg.
The missing lip sync is the bigger problem. I cannot wait till friday for the patch to come out.

Enemies your lvl go down pretty fast ( (10-20 sec.). But i'm only 4 hours in.

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
Played for like 3 hours today, and I gotta say I'm really feeling it.

Story seems super interesting, and OST is god like just like the first one, and combat is super fun.

Visuals also look great in 'TV mode' while being rather 'disappointing' on handheld. I've even experienced some frame dips here and there (although they were bad enough to affect my gameplay.)

Don't really dig English dub much either but that'll be addressed by Japanese Voice DLC so that's fine.
Thanks for the impressions, did you feel any performance hitches while in handheld?

BrentoLand

Oct 29, 2017
Kansas
I preordered through Amazon and they finally shipped so my special edition and controller should be here by Friday. Sucks that I have to wait until the evening to play

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
I mean resolution dip is pretty big and very noticeable.

Especially after you play the gorgeous tv mode. I guess it's serviceable but after playing on TV, I would much prefer to play this docked rather than portablely.

IMO, the screeshots in portable mode just make it look flat as hell .the sense of scale doesnt translate.

Fair enough, must be some drop if it's so noticeable. I wonder if it has been pixel counted yet.

Oct 25, 2017
canada
I like Rexs voice... but those yells lmao

nuthin touches Shulk

After a year of amazing VA and cutscenes from Nier to Yakuza i think ill play this in Japanese. Shame cuz Pyras voice is really good.

Edit: Pyra fricking naruto ran then did like a quadruple backflip lol

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to see how things are and play the game in handheld for the first 10 hours or so. I've played every other Switch game I own almost entirely in handheld, so why stop now?

Someone posted some screens earlier and it looked serviceable. I would not be surprised if this has issues similar to Xenoverse in that the resolution dips are extremely noticeable in certain areas, but are fine for most of the game. The real offender is that sharpening filter. I really hope the patch it out later (or make it an option). It looks particularly atrocious.

Aside from that I've seen more good quality handheld shots than bad ones. I think it'll be okay, we'll see!

Bigmac

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Well, played about an hour, closed out the game and installed the new update and my save file was deleted. Did I just miss a save option in-game? Is there no autosave? Game is great so far based on the little bit I've played!

EDIT: nvm, found a save option in the system menu. Damn.

Password1

Nov 16, 2017
I think the thing that sucks is if I play docked mode. I can't even plug in my headphones without having to use a wire extender. It's sad that I can't just plug it to my controller.

UltraChingon

Oct 26, 2017
well then looks like my CE is ready to pick up on friday... Thanks bestbuy :D
My hype is so high I am putting 4 hours a day into Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS.... First time going in and its real good.
(well second time i got the wii one and got bored after an hour...)
But looks like i wont finish it before this comes out so ill have to shelve it, so far 45 hours in and no end in sight haha.
Oh well ill try to jugle both >.> horrible idea but the more xeno in my life the better.

Oct 25, 2017
canada
1497572306477.png

Can we put this in the OT?

A poster above said theres super good cutscenes? The ones that were good so far were when Rex first meets pyra.

The funniest is right after when
the dude carrying pyras casket bursts into flames and has like a 1-2 second lag before he reacts and goes wtf
. Super funny.

The exploration just in the beginning seems dece especially if this is considered the linear portion. Cant wait to find another noctilum

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of confused by all the complaints about the lip sync. Lips have never been synced in any of the JRPG's that I've played recently, and as far back as I can remember. What games actually do have lip syncing of this magnitude anyway? Lips were most definitely not synced in the previous Xeno games (been rewatching the cinematics recently so I've seen it plainly. It's just something that I've gotten so used to it no longer really registers.

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man it feels like the game is already out with how many people are already playing. It almost feels the the reviews are coming after everyone plays it lol

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I'm kind of confused by all the complaints about the lip sync. Lips have never been synced in any of the JRPG's that I've played recently, and as far back as I can remember. What games actually do have lip syncing of this magnitude anyway? Lips were most definitely not synced in the previous Xeno games (been rewatching the cinematics recently so I've seen it plainly. It's just something that I've gotten so used to it no longer really registers.
This is one of those things that turns me off the second I notice it and then 5 mins later I've already adjusted to it. Basically a non-issue for me. I'm just used to so many older games that never even got close that it never phases me anymore.

Xenoblade 3

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Judging from the trailers, the english dub sounds unique and pretty decent.
But I think I'll play this in JP dub cause of the lack of lip sync.
Played TMS and missing the battle chatter wasn't too bad.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Hi, everyone. My name is Masatsugu Saito. I am in charge of main character design for Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

The development team requested that the characters each have something that would blow in the wind (e.g., a cape or scarf) to express the atmosphere of the field. I wasn't able to do this for a few of the characters (including Rex, Dromarch, and Tora). For these characters, the subtle movement of their hair or other features helps give a sense of the air around them.

aabda5e903cee074