• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 62

CI_NSwitch_XenobladeChronicles2_ExpansionPass_enGB.png

"Fans who want to expand their epic adventure can purchase an Expansion Pass for the game. With this pass, players can enjoy DLC as it releases between launch and spring 2018, starting with quests and support items, and eventually including a challenge mode where they can face powerful enemies, and even an additional adventure with a new side-story set in the world of Elysium. Details about individual elements of the Expansion Pass will be released in the future."

Price in South Africa is lower, so you may want to purchase it there (if at all).

Last edited by a moderator:

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I've never bought a season pass for any game before. I almost always feel the main game is enough. I look forward to the main game though, and I have it preordered.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo adopting the best practices of the industry. To the point of announcing new season passes even before clarifying what's up with the last DLC in the Zelda one.

Hero-of-Time

Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably sit and wait to see just how substantial the content actually is. At the moment the price seems pretty steep.

thebisonxrc

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty costly DLC. I want the full package, but for that price, I'll have to wait and see what the full game offers first. Hopefully both the game and DLC has substantial content.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo adopting the best practices of the industry. To the point of announcing new season passes even before clarifying what's up with the last DLC in the Zelda one.

What does one have to do with the other?

I don't think anyone involved in the development of the BoTW Champion's Ballad are involved with this.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is basically paying for the challenge mode and new story content for Summer/Fall 2018.

Similar structure of BOTW expansion pass DLC. makes sense I guess...

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
It the main game is fantastic, I'll consider it. I get a lot of playtime out of Xenoblade games.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Looks good in content but I dunt know if the price is right... I was expecting $19.99, the base game is already huge and I'm sure I'm going to have a lot of fun playing it like past Xenoblade games, I will gladly pay for more when I finish it.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Wow that looks expensive and the only content that interests me at all is the story content that could release a year from now.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I won't be getting this as it's too expensive for a story bit coming a year after. Just pre-ordered the main game though, because I want a JRPG for the Switch.

Oct 29, 2017
A little bummed out about this...

If the story dlc is on par with witcher 3's, I'll bite. Otherwise, may as well wait for the "complete" edition...

ozfunghi

Oct 25, 2017
The price of half a game... But i doubt it's half a game. I would have bought a XCX revamp with added story content (as opposed to none in the WiiU release) for Switch maybe, at this price.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
What does one have to do with the other?

I don't think anyone involved in the development of the BoTW Champion's Ballad are involved with this.

I'm not talking about development. I'm talking about the publisher Nintendo who adopts the same best practices as other publishers. It's the same type of season pass and they are trying to sell a new one while the last one is still in kind of a limbo. Imagine is EA or Ubisoft instead of Nintendo in the same position.

Laur

Oct 27, 2017
Does the "helpful items when you start your adventure" stuff actually entice people to buy the pass?

Those kind of things always stop me from buying it straight away... don't want the beginning balance to be out of whack.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Depends on how I'll like the game. I usually don't max out Xenoblade games, so the challenge mode does not interest me at first sight. The story expansion, though...
It's the Zelda season pass model, but this time I find it a little expensive.

Vault

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah i am one a wait and see with any publisher. The only one I have trust in is CDPR and they proved themselves with quality content.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not talking about development. I'm talking about the publisher Nintendo who adopts the same best practices as other publishers. It's the same type of season pass and they are trying to sell a new one while the last one is still in kind of a limbo. Imagine is EA or Ubisoft instead of Nintendo in the same position.

OK I misunderstood you.

Seems to be a bit silly either way now that I see where you're coming from. Say they release the Champion's Ballad trailer tomorrow or the day after then... what? They still did a bad?

I don't get what this "best practice" is really, though I agree that they should talk about it soon, and they will.

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
The price suggests it'll be a substantial amount of content, despite not necessarily reading as such, but ÂŁ76.98 all in for digital? Nah.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what those helpful items for your adventure are. Because this sounds a bit tricky, pay to win style. But maybe it's nothing important.

OP
OP

Deleted member 62

The price suggests it'll be a substantial amount of content, despite not necessarily reading as such, but ÂŁ76.98 all in for digital? Nah.

You can also switch your region to South Africa and pay a third less. Either way, the price doesn't really tell us much these days. The season pass for Fire Emblem Echoes was more expensive than the game itself, yet the DLC content wasn't really substantial at thet price.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused? They gave the timing for the Zelda season pass. Are they not allowed to announce another season pass for the entire year for a completely different game?

The info for the Zelda season pass was presented long ago. New story content and a new dungeon by the end of the year. That message hasn't changed.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
No way I'm getting this..... Maybe when all the stuff is out and it's shown to be worth it....

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
At that price the story DLC better be new areas and not just recycled stuff from the main game

Kriegshand

Oct 28, 2017
I will handle this like the Zelda dlc. When it releases and it is worth it i will buy it. There is no reason to pay up-front.

Nov 1, 2017
Not worth it yet when the quality of the actual non-item, non-QoL content from the Zelda season pass is not known.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused? They gave the timing for the Zelda season pass. Are they not allowed to announce another season pass for the entire year for a completely different game?

The info for the Zelda season pass was presented long ago. New story content and a new dungeon by the end of the year. That message hasn't changed.

If you're confused about how trying to sell the same kind of service when the last similar service sold is still not clear enough about the final DLC so close to the supposed delivery deadline it's a bit customer unfriendly then I can't help you.

Last edited:

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
If you're confused about how trying to sell the same kind of service when the last service sold is not very transparent when it's already very close to the supposed delivery deadline it's a bit customer unfriendly then I can't help you.
Nintendo told people exactly what they would get with the BotW season pass. I'm not really sure what the problem is there.

Stuart

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I feel a bit dirty, never thought I'd see the day when Nintendo were flogging Season Passes like Ubisoft or Activision. Seems expensive too unless the extra story content is 10+ hours.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo told people exactly what they would get with the BotW season pass. I'm not really sure what the problem is there.

I already formulated the problem in several ways in this thread. It's a pointless back and forth at this point because you're actually not confused, you're just OK with their practice.

Deleted member 21094

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you're confused about how trying to sell the same kind of service when the last similar service sold is still not clear enough about the final DLC so close to the supposed delivery deadline it's a bit customer unfriendly then I can't help you.
What do you want them to say about Champion's Ballad?
Other than a concrete release date? I was surprised that they didn't give us a date last direct, but what do we actually need to know about the content that we don't already know?
Are you looking for them to tell you the size? or the length? or what kind of story elements?
I would maybe say it's good if they tell us the length, but story element I prefer them to NOT tell me at all.
Personally I think the only two things they may need to clarify is date and length, I'm not sure what else they should or can clarify?

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I already formulated the problem in several ways in this thread. It's a pointless back and forth at this point because you're actually not confused, you're just OK with their practice.
Actually I am confused, as I don't quite understand what they did wrong with the Zelda season pass in your eyes. You certainly didn't state that in this thread, you just said they didn't clarify it...I was asking what needs to be clarified. If you don't wish to tell me, that's fine.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
What do you want them to say about Champion's Ballad?
Other than a concrete release date? I was surprised that they didn't give us a date last direct, but what do we actually need to know about the content that we don't already know?
Are you looking for them to tell you the size? or the length? or what kind of story elements?
I would maybe say it's good if they tell us the length, but story element I prefer them to NOT tell me at all.
Personally I think the only two things they may need to clarify is date and length, I'm not sure what else they should or can clarify?

A little teaser (the E3 video and that "gameplay" footage showed practically nothing), a little bit of set-up without spoiling too much and a little bit of what you're supposed to do in it. A full trailer would also be nice, but depending on how big the DLC content actually is it might be too much to ask.

And a clear release date of course.

kruis

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I don't really see the point of pre-ordering DLC when meat of the addon (new story content) is almost a year away. And who knows how substantial that DLC will be? 30 euro DLC for a game that costs 50 euro, thatt doesn't add up.