• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
From Nintendo's earnings report: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html
6GCyyrc.png

I believe this puts it above Xenogears and Xenosaga right?

Also, here is the only breakdown of sales by region from Nintendo:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Japan - 0.31M units
Overseas - 1.01M units
Global LTD - 1.31M units

Last edited:

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
B-but the waifus...
Jokes aside, great game, but I hope we'll get XCX2 with the same kind of upgrade.

Nov 2, 2017
Very nice! Well deserved!

Will be interesting to see if the constant updates help the game sell a bit more during the rest of the year.

Chromanin

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
Very nice to see the series grow. Although it does make me sad to see FF XV sell MUCH more and get lots more attention on gaming boards like this.

IMO hype should stop working as well it does now. Because now we're still treated as drones.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I hate to be the one but have we ever got sold through figures?

Nope and when I brought that up I got talked down to so I don't think anyone here cares.

Anyway, the sucsess is undeserved. Hopefully this leads to X getting a Switch port.

Nintendo rarely gives sold through figures, but you don't ship more copies for a game that doesn't sell (see how SF5 stayed at the same number of copies for a year for example).

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nope and when I brought that up I got talked down to so I don't think anyone here cares.

Anyway, the sucsess is undeserved. Hopefully this leads to X getting a Switch port.

I only asked because i remember a gigantic discrepancy between arms shipped and sold through.
Even mario iiirc was a million or two units overshipped last i checked.

Copper

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
More underage boobs in your face in every new xeno game, yaass!

Guess i'm gettin g too old for this shit

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved. Can't wait for more Monolith soft goodness! 2 million hype train anyone?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh. Wish the game was better

Hopefully they learn from it. Monolith's next game has a chance to surpass it easily

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo rarely gives sold through figures, but you don't ship more copies for a game that doesn't sell (see how SF5 stayed at the same number of copies for a year for example).
Those policies kind of vary from company to company. But yeah it still means its selling. Just dont know how much.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Beautiful. And with how the dlc and season pass had been so sublime and gaining good WoM? It is going to go even further than that.^_^

A nintendo select release would add even more sales there.^_^

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deserved. My favorite game on Switch and happy to see a title like this getting rewarded by players. :)

There's space for good and deep RPG games.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I only asked because i remember a gigantic discrepancy between arms shipped and sold through.

They managed to ship another 250k copies in the slowest season of the year and it's a JRPG, one of the most front loaded genres. It won't be overshipped to any real extent.

OP
OP
CGiRanger

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, at least with the Switch I don't see Nintendo shipping large quantities of a game that doesn't sell. Especially in this instance when the previous two games in the Xenoblade series weren't big sellers for various reasons, I'm sure they weren't flippant regarding how many units they produced, and being a conservative company wouldn't have overshipped a ton

And remember Nintendo classifies these numbers as such:

*The numbers shown above are worldwide consolidated sales in units life-to-date.
*Software units include the quantity bundled with hardware.
*Software units include the downloadable versions.

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
considering Gears and Saga didn't release in Europe, XB2 should be the highest selling Xeno game.

Still good that it sold much better than the first 2 games.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

None of those two games were "overshipped", both ARMS and Odyssey are long-selling titles so they naturally ship more than what they expect to sell day one/month one to ensure stock availability. That's not something that apply to a core JRPG.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They managed to ship another 250k copies in the slowest season of the year and it's a JRPG, one of the most front loaded genres. It won't be overshipped to any real extent.
Cant really argue over how much a jrpg should be selling tbh, we live in a world where 1 2 switch has shipped 2.3 million units on the switch so the console itself is a bigger factor

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Xenogears is one of my favorite games of all time and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was one of my favorites of last year. Well-deserved.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
nice. good to see it kept going and didn't fizzle at 1 million.

prepare for XCX on Switch. it's pretty much guarateed they'll port it over seeing how all Wii U ports are beating the originals (MK8D beat the Wii U version already)

syth

Oct 25, 2017

I believe with Mario, there was also a time difference on when the sold and shipped numbers were for which made it look a bit worse... iiirc anyway

ragnarok21

Nov 26, 2017
Nice, I'm still anxious to play it. I will get a Switch in a couple of months but will probably start with Zelda and wait until all DLCs for Xeno are out, in case there are also free QoL improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.