• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
I definitely agree with you. Chapters 7 to 10 are my favorite chapters because they felt more mature, and more "Xeno-like" and sci-fi. I kinda feel like Xenoblade 2 was designed to be an "introductory" to the Xeno world since the tone and storytelling of the game drastically changes from start to finish. In the beginning you have a lot more anime cliches, and the cartoony sweat drop on Dromarch and Nia's red sparkling eye thing when she sees the wanted poster, and others. A lot of that cartoony stuff only happens in the first half of the game and kinda fades over time, like the devs were trying to ease new players into the Xeno franchise and gain new fans which I think we can say they succeeded in.

So, looking forward to seeing where the series goes from here and hopefully we get more of what we saw in chapters 7 to 10 and less of what we saw in 1-5 (You could say I'm neutral on 6).

6's ending is very strong, shows a side of Pyra not seen again in the game, and leads to a strong ch7 opening

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Contrary to what people on this site might think, the style in XC2 actually makes it MORE appealing to audience around the world. It should have been obvious already by how much love the cast keeps receiving in terms of praise and art (especially compared to previous Xeno games) but now the title is even getting surprisingly solid legs based on good word of mouth.

Like it or not, the next XC game is probably going to follow a similar art direction due to the good reception (I personally just hope that MS polish some aspects and update a few mechanics).

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Contrary to what people on this site might think, the style in XC2 actually makes it MORE appealing to audience around the world. It should have been obvious already by how much love the cast keeps receiving in terms of praise and art (especially compared to previous Xeno games) but now the title is even getting surprisingly solid legs based on good word of mouth.

Like it or not, the next XC game is probably going to follow a similar art direction due to the good reception (I personally just hope that MS polish some aspects and update a few mechanics).
The anime-inspired stylistic direction and the rendering is more than adequate.

However, we should get some different character designers and more restraint in terms of titillation.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly my favorite Switch game so far. Glad it's done really well. Buy it you dummies.

Nov 1, 2017
Yay I can repost my lazy edit

j3c1Amql.jpg

The salt sustains me lol

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
There are so many great moments in the game.
The Birth of a Universe,
Stand with me one more time, Burdened no longer, Enter Mythra.

Reminds me of some of the best bits of Xenoblade Chronicles ("I will strike you down and all that you have become, you wretched fool", "Your blade... It did not cut deep enough", "You will know the pain and suffering you caused"). Those hype moments that were all too rare in X.

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
Really pleased to see this series grow, hoping that they would actually do X sequel.
This success means T&A is all Xeno needed to sell. Sad.
Or that the game is successful thanks to being a high quality game on a highly successful platform, being released worldwide with proper marketing effort.
Sad, huh?

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Really pleased to see this series grow, hoping that they would actually do X sequel.

Or that the game is successful thanks to being a high quality game on a highly successful platform, being released worldwide with proper marketing effort.
Sad, huh?
I was being sarcastic. Xenosaga has T&A as well.

Oct 27, 2017
Still slogging my way through this game. 105 hours and I think I'm fairly close to the end. One of those games that I enjoy playing for awhile then get bored with and put down for a couple of weeks. I always come back so I guess it's got some kind of hooks on me

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Still slogging my way through this game. 105 hours and I think I'm fairly close to the end. One of those games that I enjoy playing for awhile then get bored with and put down for a couple of weeks. I always come back so I guess it's got some kind of hooks on me

The gacha is enough to pull u lol. In the end, we are all masochist in heart lol.

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances of Monolith Soft creating and releasing a new Xenoblade title before their new IP? For all we know, it might take several years to develop and release the new IP. I mean...they already have the foundation to quickly develop another Xenoblade title.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances of Monolith Soft creating and releasing a new Xenoblade title before their new IP? For all we know, it might take several years to develop and release the new IP. I mean...they already have the foundation to quickly develop another Xenoblade title.

Pretty much zero. Maybe a re-release of Chronicles X.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Great news! I have a lot of faith the Xenoblade series can continue to grow. I still would like to see a X followup that addresses some of the key mysteries of Mira and connects it to the overall Blade universe though.

JetstreamRorschach

One Winged Slayer
Dec 30, 2017
Zaragoza, Spain.
Afaik the story in Xenoblade X is pretty lame and filled with uninspired sidequests, being the endgame the best part of the title by far. If they are going to launch it on Switch, I wish they would obviate the filler and give you acess to the endgame more quickly.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Great news! I have a lot of faith the Xenoblade series can continue to grow. I still would like to see a X followup that addresses some of the key mysteries of Mira and connects it to the overall Blade universe though.

I would love a Xenoblade X: Directors Cut. Patch in a bunch of Quality of life fixes (Party XP for non-active members, ways to add them without hunting for them all over the place), and some closure to the ending. A few sidequests to tie up more loose ends wouldn't hurt either.

klee123

Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved and gotta give credit to Nintendo for continuously funding this series.

I will always buy their systems due to this and the Fire Emblem series.

Subnats

One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
Ireland
Well deserved. I can't wait to see where the series goes from here and hopefully this means we could get a X port eventually.

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see its doing well, game deserves all its success.

Not surprisingly as always you got people trying to downplay the games success because it doesn't fit their criteria of what is acceptable. Glad to see a vocal minority is just that a minority and not representative of everyone else.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru

Before their new IP? I don't know.

I'm pretty sure they won't take too much time on either though, they're really efficient at handling titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.