Deleted member 8112

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Some people already got the game and some have even been streaming it, so I thought for "safety" we should have a spoiler thread.

I completely lost it when Jin said "It's nothing personal" while killing Rex after teleporting behind him. Those NoE guys knew what they were doing. Also I think Pyra must have some ulterior motives, she basically told Rex "Take me home and you'll... umm... save the world!!"

Wishy-Washy

Nov 26, 2017
Some people already got the game and some have even been streaming it, so I thought for "safety" we should have a spoiler thread.

I completely lost it when Jin said "It's nothing personal" while killing Rex after teleporting behind him. Those NoE guys knew what they were doing. Also I think Pyra must have some ulterior motives, she basically told Rex "Take me home and you'll... umm... save the world!!"
Hilarious and interesting, I hope the rest of the game is like this.

Wishy-Washy

Nov 26, 2017
There's a part where Rex says: "I would totally kick his ass if I wasn't dead" or something. Malos also calls Rex a little shit, the dialogue is great.
Interesting plot, hilarious dialogue, stunning environments that feel alive, and great gameplay, what else could I ask for in a game? So glad I choose this as my first Switch game instead of BotW or Odyssey.

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys don't need to spoiler tag in a spoiler thread :p

Also just tell me if god is the final boss or not.

Last edited:

Wishy-Washy

Nov 26, 2017
So this Corinne seems to be family of Rex that he works to provide for, I'm not the only one who thinks something bad will happen to them later along the line, right? Also, love the personality Rex shows in the opening cutscene, looking through the previews I thought he might be like the usual goody-two-shoes heroes but that doesn't seem to be the case.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8112

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That first part was great. Corrine is probably his mother, and she'll die a painful death when the titan she's one suddenly dies, as per Takahashi.

Also, do you guys know whose theme this is? I'm thinking Malos and Akhos when Pyra becomes Mythra:

Neoleo2143

Oct 27, 2017
Chapter 3 .... oh boy. Prison Island Tier Shit right there. Also, there's a lot of cutscenes. Some awkward cuts at times, but it's mostly really good. There are some really cool ideas. They're really making the most of the world building concepts that they've set up. Also, I have so many goddamn questions right now that I'm wondering when they'll be answered.

Akkos is definitely H.B. reincarnated as an antagonist. Complete Asshole. So is Malos, but he's also cool as hell. Jin's a little too mysterious to be interesting at this point but I rather like the villains. They actually feel like people that are also completely people you want to defeat.

Nia's prior engagement with Torna is rather interesting but not quite explored yet. In general, she's the straight man to everyone which is hilarious.

Just some of the stuff I enjoyed so far.

Also Zeke's introduction straight up has a Xenogears reference. It's also one of the funniest things I've seen in the game.

Also the villains swear so much. It's really weird to see that in a Nintendo game.

Last edited:

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm 10 hours in. I've been super busy so not played as much as I would have liked but just got to Chapter 3. Loved the fight and the pulling down of the water tower at the end of 2. I keep going out of my way to do side quests and I salvaged for an hour straight because I don't know.

So far combat has been too easy. It's either a walk in the park or a over levelled mob in the overworld interrupts the battle and one hits me. I'm fine with the game teaching us all these cool combo techniques and advances techniques in combat but the battles pass by so quickly I never get to use them. Hopefully things get crazier later.

Seems we're heading to the Titans "bum-bum" in chapter 3 so I'll play that in the morning. I just saw the cutscene where we meet some more of the villains - they all seem really interesting. Jin however is super mysterious, why doesn't he have a blade? Is he a blade? Maybe something like Pyra? There's some crazy backstory with Pyra too, loved the little bits of info we got.

So, question... is the cloud sea... clouds or lots of clouds on top of an ocean? Because in the cutscenes where they go into the clouds or salvaging it looks like they're underwater. On top of that, why is this world covered in a cloud sea? Where's all the land gone? I know the game mentioned they all once lived on the world tree/Elysium but how come that's all the land there was until the Titans appears?

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
just reach chapter 3. probably will take some more time going around the world before continuing with the story
So, question... is the cloud sea... clouds or lots of clouds on top of an ocean? Because in the cutscenes where they go into the clouds or salvaging it looks like they're underwater
i'm going to assume the normal sea itself is within the clouds

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017

Its not that Pyra is evil im beting on some typical cliche were she was this saviour that used rex to accomplish something (possibly under the architect's instructions) but she reedems herself by helping rex at the end and asking for forgiveness

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Chapter 3 .... oh boy. Prison Island Tier Shit right there. Also, there's a lot of cutscenes. Some awkward cuts at times, but it's mostly really good. There are some really cool ideas. They're really making the most of the world building concepts that they've set up. Also, I have so many goddamn questions right now that I'm wondering when they'll be answered.

Akkos is definitely H.B. reincarnated as an antagonist. Complete Asshole. So is Malos, but he's also cool as hell. Jin's a little too mysterious to be interesting at this point but I rather like the villains. They actually feel like people that are also completely people you want to defeat.

Nia's prior engagement with Torna is rather interesting but not quite explored yet. In general, she's the straight man to everyone which is hilarious.

Just some of the stuff I enjoyed so far.

Also Zeke's introduction straight up has a Xenogears reference. It's also one of the funniest things I've seen in the game.

Also the villains swear so much. It's really weird to see that in a Nintendo game.
One question how does the cutscenes compare to Xenoblade 1? Do you think there are more?

Sedef122

Nov 7, 2017
Having watched some footage anyone know the voice actress for Nia? It sounds a lot like Eve Myles to me but cannot be sure.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Having watched some footage anyone know the voice actress for Nia? It sounds a lot like Eve Myles to me but cannot be sure.
That is exactly who she sounds like, thank you! It's been bugging me since I started playing the other day. It is totally Eve Myles... if it's not then this actress sounds identical to her. She literally sounds exactly like Gwen at times.

Another questions for everyone.
Rare Blades? How? So I've bonded with a couple of common core crystals and I tried one Rare Core Crystal but they've all looked fairly similar. My second blade is a water type lance user who came out of the one rare blade I used, I think it's a generic looking type blade though called Kaeda. So how do we get the awesome looking unique rare blades? Are they story moments? Side quests? Or do we actually get them from rare core crystals.

Last edited:

tonyh24613

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised that Morag is the 4th, not Zeke. I think she'll stay since she can resonance unlike Vandham? Just enter chapter 5 after 21 hours.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
I have been watching a lot of videos spoiling enough of the early story to continue to watch

one thing the youtuber playing does not seem to backtrack back to old towns.

leveling up by sleeping in INNs or Poppi's mini game are kinda left behind when you just follow the story huh.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
So this game is an alternative world to the first one? Crazy....also I like the fusion form that pyra and mythria takes. It also gives Rex a nicer suit.
there is so much talk and explanation there at the end, I'll wait to play it myself but it does feel like an alternative to the same experiment Klaus did in the first game.

the change of suit is a nice touch, should have expected a 3rd fusion from those 2

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Voice actors:
Rex: Al Weaver
Pyra and Mythra: Skye Bennett
Nia: Catrin-Mai Huw
Tora: Rasmus Hardiker
Morag: Kirsty Mitchell
Zeke: Daniel Barker
Vandham: Simon Thorp
Dromarch: William Roberts
Poppi: Arina Li
Brighid: Jules de Jongh
Pandoria: Becca Stewart
Roc: Todd Kramer
Gramps: Sean Barrett
Jin: John Schwab
Malos: David Menkin

Also there seems to be romance "shocking" between Rex and Pyra/Mythra. They don't separate at the end but they don't "get together" it's just heavily implied that they have feelings for each other. Nia does gets friendzone though lol.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
now more interested in what happened for Nia's upgrade. I know Poppi also gets one but no one streaming has taken the time to grind her upgrades to see it.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
i didn't read anything, i'm just here because i guess people that have the game are more likely to be here.... so i have a very simple question :

How do i remove consumables from the bag? Tried everything and i can't remove them, it's pretty annonying since i don't want to use them when i'm visiting towns...

Eliseo

Oct 25, 2017
there is so much talk and explanation there at the end, I'll wait to play it myself but it does feel like an alternative to the same experiment Klaus did in the first game.

the change of suit is a nice touch, should have expected a 3rd fusion from those 2

Rex reality and shulk's reality are happening at the same time as well.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad those Rex and Pneuma costumes are not available from the beginning. I hope the DLC will allow that.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I think XCX will be its own thing and it will get an actual sequel.

Man I would kill for an X sequel. All I ask is that they make the time to get a Skell shorter, along with the flight unit. XBX was such a good game that was just hampered by some pretty bad choices. The side quest board alone could have been done so much better and I really hope they get a chance to do it right.

Also, Do we know if theres still stuff to do after the story, as in some sort of Endgame content? Was there endgame content in Xenoblade 1 like there is in X?

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
So KOS-MOS Re - I kinda feel I am missing out because I never played Xenosaga
kinda weird MonolithSoft dropped this blade yesterday when it could have been a nice secret.

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a demo on the E-shop? The combat looks very complex and puts me off. Otherwise a very pretty game.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if there's a good recap of the first Xenoblade Chronicles story? Not just a let's play or video of all the cutscenes...

varkuriru

Oct 28, 2017
So is the mech from the cutscenes playable or is just a scene? Hoping for at least a story sequence where you battle in it.