• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
UPDATE 2: The official Xenoblade JP account just confirmed the original soundtrack is included. I guess the other tweet was posted early by mistake. It looks like there are separate toggles for field music and battle music. We don't know yet if cutscene music is included as part of either option.

UPDATE 1: Nintendo deleted the tweet, which could mean they announced the original soundtrack's inclusion earlier than they were supposed to, or it could mean that the original soundtrack isn't included after all.

A new tweet from Nintendo confirms the original soundtrack for Xenoblade Chronicles is included in Definitive Edition alongside the new remastered soundtrack, with players being able to choose either soundtrack while playing Definitive Edition.
Choose from either the original or remastered soundtrack when your adventure starts 29 May!

Last edited:

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Have they confirmed dual audio?

It's a lot of audio to pack into 16GBs.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Well, IIRC up until now we heard the remastered version of Gaur Plain, Engage the Enemy and Colony 9 and all three of them were better in the remastered version that not in the original. I'm leaning towards the remaster OST, but it's cool that they gave the choice to players.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
That's fantastic! Not that the remastered tracks haven't sound amazing from what I've heard, but the original soundtrack still holds up beautifully -- it's great to have options for both.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
That's fantastic.

So far, i've not liked each remastered track up until i've re-listened to them 4-5 times.

I guess my brain is just so used to the OG tracks that it rejects any version that sounds different, but so far i've really warmed up to them all and now love them.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's cool. I absolutely will be playing with the remastered music but it's nice to have the option at least.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I'm digging the remastered soundtrack, but it's very nice they give us the option.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Who even needs the old OST when the old tracks were so masterfully remastered like the Colony 9 theme? :)

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Oh hell yeah. Nice to have options while also having a remastered soundtrack. Can't wait until May 29th.

ignata

Dec 26, 2017
Denver
This is the song I wanted to hear and...I'm not feeling it. I'm glad there is an option hopefully you can bounce back and forth and don't have to commit to one or the other.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Have they confirmed dual audio?

It's a lot of audio to pack into 16GBs.
If I had to guess, they'll do dual audio but it won't be on cart but instead as a patch like Xenoblade 2. It's just easier to do that way rather than trying to cram both tracks onto a single cart

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If its anything like XB2, it'll be a separate download.
If I had to guess, they'll do dual audio but it won't be on cart but instead as a patch like Xenoblade 2. It's just easier to do that way rather than trying to cram both tracks onto a single cart

I think that's a good way of doing things tbh.

As far as I know, there is a single international version. So, as the Japanese version will include all European languages, each copy will include Japanese voices too.

It's cool if they manage it considering the Wii game was already ~6.5GBs

Subnats

One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
Ireland
I don't think I'd ever change back to the originals since everything that's been shown so far sounds so good, but it's always nice to have the option.
Maybe now there'll be an option to use the original character models. I can only hope.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to play through the game with remastered soundtracks the first play through. I never use original if I've played a game before

Sep 4, 2019
Scotland
Makes a huge difference that all the original composers are the ones redoing the tracks. Colony 9 was the one I was most worried about but even from the bad Twitter compression 30 second sample, you can hear the vibe is very much intact.

Really interested to hear what they've done with the battle music, especially interested to see if Yoko Shimomura is doing a new arrangement or maybe ACE or Kenji Hiramatsu will be doing that? Incredibly exciting stuff!

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I'll play with the remastered tracks. I haven't played this game for a long time and the remastered graphics and music, qol inprovements and future connect story will make this feel like a new game.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So instead of one GOAT soundtrack we're getting two? Goddamn this game somehow found a way to get even better.

ika

Oct 27, 2017
MAD, Spain
That's fantastic.

So far, i've not liked each remastered track up until i've re-listened to them 4-5 times.

I guess my brain is just so used to the OG tracks that it rejects any version that sounds different, but so far i've really warmed up to them all and now love them.
Yeah, nostalgia is a thing and it can affect to our ears too!

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Always nice to have the option, definitive indeed.

While I always loved the OST, I did note over the years that soundwise tracks could lack a bit of audio punch compared to later games like its very sequel so I'm holding out on the new tracks to just about polish up my faves.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
If its anything like XB2, it'll be a separate download.

As far as I know, there is a single international version. So, as the Japanese version will include all European languages, each copy will include Japanese voices too.

Yup, Dany is right. There's only 1 version of the game this time and it includes every single language with it. The final size is 13.6 GB.

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
Options are always amazing, so this is great news. Really makes it feel "definitive". I think I'll go with remixes because what they've shown so far is astoundingly good.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
While the new tracks are amazing, the new Engage the Enemy definitely sounds off (can be heard in the Definitive Edition cutscenes they put up on YouTube). Glad we can change between them!

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
That's nice to hear, love it when games offer options like this.

Although, even if I really liked the old OST, going to go with the new one to keep it fresh.

madstarr12

Jan 25, 2018
Live musicians = 99.9% of the time better than the original. ;)

I know some of the original OST had live musicians, but most world areas didnt have that. So it will be interesting to listen to as the game progresses.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
It's great to have that option! But I really love what we've heard of the new soundtrack, so I will be trying that out for sure.