• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
The interconnected nature of XC1 created the perception of a grander, continuous environment for me. Head of the Bionis? You can go to there. Even if through a series of interconnected environments. I also can't overlook the advancements in terms of explorability that Xenoblade Chronicles X and Breath of the Wild brought between XC1 and XC2, open world or not.

People really under sell how much there was to XC2's maps. Gormot is a much more dense piece of geometry with lots more verticality than the bionis leg. The only real down side is some of the areas require field skills. But from top to bottom its a more intricately and interestingly designed area than its Xenoblade 1 equivalent.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Field skills made things more of a pain than they had to be, and there should have totally been a way to actually fly in the sea of clouds -- between titans, using the same kind of code as the Skells or something. Those are the biggest blemishes on XB2 imo. Because of it the world felt like less of a world and more like very segmented islands.

Bionis and Mechonis fully flow from one to the other in comparison.

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
Field skills made things more of a pain than they had to be, and there should have totally been a way to actually fly in the sea of clouds -- between titans, using the same kind of code as the Skells or something. Those are the biggest blemishes on XB2 imo. Because of it the world felt like less of a world and more like very segmented islands.

Bionis and Mechonis fully flow from one to the other in comparison.
I think not making other titans visible on the cloud sea until super late in the game was a mistake.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So according to mynintendogamer, he claims that xenoblade chronicles switch version will not include any extra's from the Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS port. Don't know what the changes were made but I'm still getting the Switch version

https://mynintendonews.com/2020/03/...lude-xenoblade-chronicles-3ds-extra-features/
Don't worry, the extras they're adding in the Switch version are way better than the 3DS' anyways. IIRC it just added a bestiary and let you scan the Shulk amiibo daily for extra items. Some can correct me if I'm wrong, but it definitely wasn't substantial.

This new version, apart from the way upgraded graphics and assuredly frame rate improvements, is getting UI improvements, costume slots, and most importantly: a new playable story of unknown length that takes place after the main game.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Still charting on Japanese eShop (not my screenshot).

EUa8FRtUEAESOai

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
This interview:

www.usgamer.net

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Sales Outside Japan Far Exceeded Monolith Soft's Expectations

It's good to be a JRPG on the Nintendo Switch. According to Monolith Soft Executive Director Tetsuya Takahashi, Xenobla…
Heres my take on it. I dont think XB3 will come out till next gen, however I do think that will be the next game they work on.

Nintendo will dump a load of money in front of them and be like: "XB2 and DE sold a tonne, do that again".

In the meantime, you'll get other stuff from them, but not XB games.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Heres my take on it. I dont think XB3 will come out till next gen, however I do think that will be the next game they work on.

Nintendo will dump a load of money in front of them and be like: "XB2 and DE sold a tonne, do that again".

I really hope there will be at least another brand new game for Switch, considering that they are a big studio and so far they have released just 1 brand new game in the launch year

I would be ok eith a new IP of course

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
You know i never thought they could recreate that magic moment of walking into Gaur Plains with that music. But they did. I was so in awe when i started to come out of that dark forest bit in Gormott and into the wide plains. The colors, the scenery, the wildlife. Then the Gormott OST started blasting and i was just standing there thinking "They did it again!". Beautiful franchise. Incredibly talented teams.
People really under sell how much there was to XC2's maps. Gormot is a much more dense piece of geometry with lots more verticality than the bionis leg. The only real down side is some of the areas require field skills. But from top to bottom its a more intricately and interestingly designed area than its Xenoblade 1 equivalent.
I couldn't agree more with both of you.
Mor Ardain in particular just had so much to discover I kept getting surprised all the time, marvelous level design in all fronts.

nocontent

Dec 29, 2017
had xenoblade searches bookmarked on mediamarkt.de and saturn.de since that amazon/gamestop rush on the weekend so for once I actually saw those before I checked this thread :D

yay, I can sleep again!

Placed my order today, was surprised that it was available Oo.
They won't let you order more than one though.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
I really hope there will be at least another brand new game for Switch, considering that they are a big studio and so far they have released just 1 brand new game in the launch year

I would be ok eith a new IP of course
Well actually by this year they'll have put out 3 new games for Switch:
XB2
Torna
XBDE
(4 if FC is similar to Torna in size and scope)

As well as that they also worked on BOTW+DLC, Animal Crossing, Splatoon 2, BOTW2, etc.

Theyve done a lot of stuff.

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
Thought I would share these. First Time I see them
5.jpg

4.jpg

Just to get that out: I always had the hots for Shulk, but his Future Connected style and outfit is just *chefs kiss*. So sleek and stylish, yet still Shulk.

I still fail to see the resemblance between the nopons and Rex/Pura.

Some analysis video said it looked more like Nopon cosplaying famous heroes (Rex and Pyra) which isn't something far fetched for Nopon. In this way i see a certain resemblance.

Momo

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly that would be an extremely disappointing scenario.

Nintendo has said they intend to keep the Switch as their primary console for much longer than previous console generations. If that's the case, then it would be nearly 7 or 8 years at minimum before we see a new Xenoblade game (since the release of XC2).

Your last point contradicts your first sentence. How can Division 1 work on other projects if you believe they're working on a new Xenoblade game?

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
Honestly that would be an extremely disappointing scenario.

Nintendo has said they intend to keep the Switch as their primary console for much longer than previous console generations. If that's the case, then it would be nearly 7 or 8 years at minimum before we see a new Xenoblade game (since the release of XC2).

Your last point contradicts your first sentence. How can Division 1 work on other projects if you believe they're working on a new Xenoblade game?
Me and the others from the hardware threads think that the next gen system will come around 2023. Switch 1's can still be sold after that comes out, so yes it'll probably have a lifetime of 8 years or so; but the successor will be out before then.

Also I wasnt talking about Division 1, I was talking about the others. Im thinking before the Switch comes to an end they'll have maybe 4 Divisions working on games.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in seeing who is credited on XC Definitive Edition, it could tell us a lot. For instance if Koh Kojima isn't the Director of DE/Future Connected then we are 100% getting something new in the next year or two.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
The CE is now available in Germany (90€ @ Saturn + Media Markt) and Austria (90€ @ MM).

Last edited:

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
Me and the others from the hardware threads think that the next gen system will come around 2023. Switch 1's can still be sold after that comes out, so yes it'll probably have a lifetime of 8 years or so; but the successor will be out before then.

Also I wasnt talking about Division 1, I was talking about the others. Im thinking before the Switch comes to an end they'll have maybe 4 Divisions working on games.

I see... I admit I don't really keep myself updated on hardware stuff, so I won't comment on that.

I just don't see Division 1 working on a game for 5+ years (and that's not including the pre-production stage). 6+ years for a Takahashi RPG would be unprecedented. With all of the development hurdles, Xenoblade X only had less than a 4.5 years development cycle.

Monster Zero

Nov 5, 2017
Southern California
xenoblade-chronicles-definitive-edition-future-connected.jpg

Does Melia have any other staffs in the base game that glow/emit energy like that? If not then I think what Miiks said about it being "replica" for her is true. It also has the same color scheme.

Last edited:

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Did they say anything about making very few copies of the limited edition? I'm about to pay $100 extra for a pre-order on Ebay, but am fine to wait if its only sold out for now on Amazon. Region is North America (Canada).

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
I see... I admit I don't really keep myself updated on hardware stuff, so I won't comment on that.

I just don't see Division 1 working on a game for 5+ years (and that's not including the pre-production stage). 6+ years for a Takahashi RPG would be unprecedented. With all of the development hurdles, Xenoblade X only had less than a 4.5 years development cycle.
I never said it'd take 6 years. If they started now and had it out on Switch 2 launch year itd be a 3.5 year development.

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
I never said it'd take 6 years. If they started now and had it out on Switch 2 launch year itd be a 3.5 year development.

They started hiring for a new Xenoblade project in October 2018.

xenomira.wordpress.com

Emergency Special: New RPG Project Division 1 (Takahashi) Production Development Staff Recruitment

This is a personal message by Takahashi for a “new RPG project” that is supposed to be directed at potential hires about what kind of talent the company is looking for, but some parts o…

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
They started hiring for a new Xenoblade project in October 2018.

xenomira.wordpress.com

Emergency Special: New RPG Project Division 1 (Takahashi) Production Development Staff Recruitment

This is a personal message by Takahashi for a “new RPG project” that is supposed to be directed at potential hires about what kind of talent the company is looking for, but some parts o…
Im thinking that project is DE, probably started earlier in 2018.
I mean the picture in it is the HD Mechonis render from the artbook, its a little on the nose.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, seems fairly likely that hiring was for XenoblaDE. There was even a little bit of speculation about an HD XB1 when it was first posted.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Did they say anything about making very few copies of the limited edition? I'm about to pay $100 extra for a pre-order on Ebay, but am fine to wait if its only sold out for now on Amazon. Region is North America (Canada).
You're asking about the NA edition of the CE, right? I wouldn't rush into anything there now, not all places seem to have put them up yet.

May 16, 2018
I am thrilled to play through this again. I'm gonna mix things up more this time; I stuck with Shulk exclusively last time for some reason.

I also cant wait to see the facelift these already-beautiful areas are going to get

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
Im thinking that project is DE, probably started earlier in 2018.
I mean the picture in it is the HD Mechonis render from the artbook, its a little on the nose.

Takahashi wouldn't do a large-scale emergency recruitment drive for a project like Xenoblade DE. It is obvious that this is for a new project. They have specific job postings that they wouldn't need for Xenoblade DE. It also explicitly says that they're hiring for people to work on a game that continues in the vein of Xenoblade, Xenoblade X, and Xenoblade 2 (all games listed). While the header image is an HD render of Mechonis, the entire webpage is loaded with screenshots from the entire series.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020

2023 would make it around about 6 years which makes sense to put out a new system. Xenoblade 3 being a launch year title like Xenoblade 2 would be a genius idea.

I'm okay with it actually. Xenoblade X is still due for a remaster and I want something completely original from Monolith before Xenoblade 3 anyway.

Breath of the Wild showed Monolith's brilliant tech and I'd like to see them make an RPG thats more in vein of BotW open world than Xenoblade. The Xenoblades have great open worlds but I did miss the options afforded to me to navigate the world in Botw when I played Xenoblade 2.

Hope that action RPG project at Monolith is real and comes out. I refuse to believe its Zelda related too.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2023 would make it around about 6 years which makes sense to put out a new system. Xenoblade 3 being a launch year title like Xenoblade 2 would be a genius idea.

I'm okay with it actually. Xenoblade X is still due for a remaster and I want something completely original from Monolith before Xenoblade 3 anyway.

Breath of the Wild showed Monolith's brilliant tech and I'd like to see them make an RPG thats more in vein of BotW open world than Xenoblade. The Xenoblades have great open worlds but I did miss the options afforded to me to navigate the world in Botw when I played Xenoblade 2.

Hope that action RPG project at Monolith is real and comes out. I refuse to believe its Zelda related too.
BotW was built on EPD technology. Monolith Soft contributed greatly to environment level design however.