• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is partly why I would have preferred just the Wii game running at 1080p native. I prefer my games to look clean over anything else.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Seriously ? I wish I could cancel preorder. I'm not trolling I bought Xenoblade 2 and couldn't play because of the blurry graphics. I don't mind low poly count , blurry textures, Even some aliasing but I can't play a game that make me feels I need to wear glasses. I preordered this one because it's an upgraded wii game hoping for some native or close resolution. If this is a blurry mess again I wasted my money. Native (or close) resolution is super important. It's easier to play a Nintendo DS game in 192p than a 300/400p game on a 720 screen.
I would wait for Digital Foundry. This is one screenshot, compared to videos where we've seen handheld performance.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
No, actually my copy (standard edition) hasn't even undergone through shipping, it's just booked up. They still have to take the money. I don't know if this is a good sign.
I thought it was the CE. About the money don't worry, they will charge it only at the moment of shipping (i.e. on Thursday, if everything goes fine).

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Woah this looks very bad

1590351196-1590348113790m.jpg

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Seriously ? I wish I could cancel preorder. I'm not trolling I bought Xenoblade 2 and couldn't play because of the blurry graphics. I don't mind low poly count , blurry textures, Even some aliasing but I can't play a game that make me feels I need to wear glasses. I preordered this one because it's an upgraded wii game hoping for some native or close resolution. If this is a blurry mess again I wasted my money. Native (or close) resolution is super important. It's easier to play a Nintendo DS game in 192p than a 300/400p game on a 720 screen.

then play it on a tv 😬 👍

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
I'm not worried by these screen tho, that thread marked video shows the game in movement and it runs good enough imho
The screens don't make justice on Switch half of the time, I remember seeing something similar with Dragon Quest XI S and it's pretty good on switch's screen and it has way more complex graphic

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
I'll wait for DF but this looks strange. Torna was mostly fine so I'm surprised by these screens. I'm still going to play this mostly on TV so it's fine but still.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That screen is probably more representative(being an open area) in which case it looks better but still not great...

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
Maybe people will finally realize it's not the engine or having people taken away to develop for BotW, it's switch's limiting hardware

mèx

Dec 30, 2017
Italy
ok yeah thats pretty bad lol.
what a shame. i had no problems with XC2 in handheld mode so I probably won't have with this either but :(

I played XC2 almost exclusively in handheld mode and in the end got used to the subpar resolution, but it's such a shame that the DE has the same exact resolution problem.
This will impact review scores for sure. :(

Deleted member 69771

Maybe people will finally realize it's not the engine or having people taken away to develop for BotW, it's switch's limiting hardware
Well, you'd have to design your game around that limiting hardware, no? How come Witcher 3 has higher resolutions than Xenoblade 2 in handheld mode lol. To me it's not a huge issue but I don't think it's completely the fault of the hardware.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
The previews I read made handheld seem like it was better than in XC2 but u guess we'll know later this week.

ika

Oct 27, 2017
MAD, Spain
Yes It's Spain. I preordered on GAME too right now just in case.
At least you got a date! :p

Mine says "Order received" and "we'll send you an email when we have an estimated delivery date". Ordered at April 7th. F*** that, lol!

Hmm, wonder if I should buy the game digitally and preload it in case mine is delayed.
I dont mind giving Monolith even more of my cash
I did that lol. For the exact same reasons. Cdkeys is a bit cheaper iirc.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
Well, you'd have to design your game around that limiting hardware, no? How come Witcher 3 has higher resolutions than Xenoblade 2 in handheld mode lol. To me it's not a huge issue but I don't think it's completely the fault of the hardware.
barely, with worse frame rate dips. Developing to keep resolutions up would also severely diminish xenoblade's world designs, which is what the series is largely known for. I can only hope Furukawa takes hardware more seriously than Iwata did.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
if you hide the characters is not that bad actually.

1590351196-1590348113790m.jpg

I approve.

Saying that I'm flicking through my screenshots(on twitter) and I think it does look better than Torna and comparable to a bunch of other big RPGs(of various origins)

Dpf85H6V4AACCDK.jpg:orig

D6emSE3UUAAhXYx.jpg:orig

D9NwzXNUEAApp3_.jpg:orig

EGIRwuVU0AURex7.jpg:orig

ES3RssNU0AIXtGs.jpg:orig

Actually Ryza looks best lol

EKuJ04TVUAEY2Nu.jpg:orig

Deleted member 69771

barely, with worse frame rate dips. Developing to keep resolutions up would also severely diminish xenoblade's world designs, which is what the series is largely known for. I can only hope Furukawa takes hardware more seriously than Iwata did.
This is getting off topic now but how come Monolith was able to get a game as huge as Xenoblade at 480p and good-ish framerate on the Wii?

One thing people seem to not know is that Monolith soft built the XCX engine from absolute scratch without using any middleware specifically for Wii U. I'd imagine porting to a completely different hardware architecture and design was the bigger problem than actual hardware prowess. Anyway, no point in arguing about it. It is what it is.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Holy hell, I can deal with low res (I play retro games all the time) but that is so blurry that it's genuinely painful to look at for too long.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's exactly like XC2 and all the hopes we had based on previous footage was just a placebo effect. I don't mind too much in the end, I played 2 mostly docked unlike every other game and I'll do the same again, and what I played in handheld mode never bothered me too much either way

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
This is getting off topic now but how come Monolith was able to get a game as huge as Xenoblade at 480p and good-ish framerate on the Wii?

One thing people seem to not know is that Monolith soft built the XCX engine from absolute scratch without using any middleware specifically for Wii U. I'd imagine porint git to a different architecture was the bigger problem than actual hardware prowess. Anyway, no point in arguing about it.
Xenoblade didn't have a portable aspect to drag it down, it's framerate constantly dipped too anytime you fought more than 2 or 3 enemies so I'm not sure what you mean by that. XCX was the only xenoblade game with good performance and that came at the cost of ridiculous pop in. It's time for Nintendo to go back and implement a pre-wii mentality for hardware.

javac

Oct 28, 2017
I played the entirety of XB2 in handheld mode so I'll survive but I'm a little disappointed, oh well I'll live.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
That's it for me. I dropped XB2 because I can only play on Handheld and the graphics were just too bad for me, so I guess I won't be getting this at all. A shame, since I really wanted to give it a try since it's the only one I haven't played.

sosainas

Sep 13, 2018
Some screenshots (handheld mode). On sceen it looks pretty much like XC2. On TV the same as XC2 as well.

YCAyt5y.jpg

zcwU4JE.jpg

SA4xN12.jpg

qacgFBz.jpg