• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
The original designs were God awful, what was wrong with those faces.

Thankfully they fixed them.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Looks amazing. Nostalgia is clearly blinding those claiming it looks the same.

MrChom

Oct 26, 2017
This looks so much better now. I really wasn't a fan of the original character models.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
that smug fiora face in the thumbnail

it s all i can see sinceim at work, but that looks good

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Never had a Wii, and couldn't get through very far of 3ds version because it was ugly.

I'm sure the new character models will offputting to some, but it's a welcome change to me.

jakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I hope this game still allows you to change the outfits of the characters now that the character models are probably more complicated. That was oddly missing in XC2.

I only played the original XB a couple of years ago, but seeing it in the XB2 engine is a dream. Everything from the story to the battle system just felt more right in the original game, and seeing it in HD really makes me want to revisit it.

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan, personally. The original game, for all its janky character models, had a very distinctive look that made it feel exotic.

The shading on the characters was more subtle and realistic, the noses and mouths looked more human and not like perfect anime noses, and everything looked a lot more like the style Final Fantasy XII was goiing for.

This remaster looks like any other anime JRPG. I'll pass. Xenoblade's one of my favourites and it bothers me to see it reduced to this.

Last edited:

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why the characters are colorized so garishly; they look like dolls. The muted tones seemed to blend in better with the environment. The character models kind of look like they went from Vagrant Story-esque to something from a Tales game.

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it was always anime but now it's a lot more anime, and not in a good way imo. I'm sure there's a middle ground.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
The faces were always dogshit. Ugly on Wii and horrendous on 3DS. It was a style choice and a bad one. FFX had better looking faces a decade earlier.
Glad it's fixed and the GOAT can stand tall knowing all others weep at it's magnificence.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
The original models were hilarious in cutscenes. New ones are pretty solid.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The original xenoblade was anime. They were just characters smeared on the screen so you may have imagined something in your mind about how they should look but they were ass ugly in the original

showgazer

Mar 18, 2019
The character models from before looked literally disgusting and inhuman. The new ones are much more appealing to the eye and actually look like people in a JRPG.
More like FFXII "realistic" style to me, mb "inhuman" cuz of low rez, and Def Edition had all the chances to break through it. Not a fan of this new artistic choice. I have nothing against anime in general tho

Byakura

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
wow that's looks way better. tbh when I watched the trailer during the Direct I didn't think it looked like that much of an improvement, but clearly I forgot just of rough Xenoblade on the Wii looked lol

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
-new 3d characters models
-better geometry,better textures,improved drawing distance,additionnal lighting effect...
what else?

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Looks better, and I can't wait to finally play this game. Own the Wii version but never got around to playing it mainly because I either had to use the wii mote (barf) or the Wii U tablet pad and I hated that thing too, bought a New 3DS just for this game and then sold them a week later cause I just can't do handhelds, so finally I am going to play this shit.