• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
From Nintendo's April 2020 - June 2020 earnings (source):
During the first quarter of this period (April through June 2020), for Nintendo Switch, sales started out strong, with sales of Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition, released in May, reaching 1.32 million units and Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics, released in June, selling 1.03 million units

For context, no prior release of Xenoblade 1 reached a million in lifetime sales. In addition, Xenoblade 2 sold 1.06 million in its first 31 days (source).

During this time period, Xenoblade DE sold 0.28 million in Japan and 1.04 million outside Japan (source).

Xenoblade_DE_Sales_June_2020.png

Xenoblade_DE_Regional_Sales_June_2020.png

Last edited:

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade DE is now already the second best selling Xeno game?

Makr

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
Amazing! Still haven't played Future Connected. (Still haven't finished the main game) Well deserved, a quality remake/ster.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Very nice. Retail numbers were lower across the board from what we could tell, so digital must have been very high for it to outsell XBC2's launch quarter by this much.

TongPoo

Jul 14, 2018
Deserved! That's really nice to hear. Was a bit worried since the sales figure seems to be behind 2, but good to see it grows so much from the original Wii release.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
if only they could have a very small team working on porting baten kaitos at least

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
I bought this last week on a whim and honestly I'm having such a great time with it. Last time I felt like this about a game was probably BotW, and last time I felt this connected to a JRPG was probably FFX, at release, as bad as that sounds.

Glad it's doing well. Deserves more though!

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Wow nice. I bought it day one and it was my first Xenoblade game.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I just bought this.

Never played it before.

Hope it's good !

It looks a lot better than I expected, I can say that, from the hour I played. Both docked and handled.

Oct 26, 2017
TBH it was expected by most, there is a much bigger audience on the system right now. Legs are expected to be worse however.

But also COVID boost so who knows.
Plus the Shulk factor. While not on the box, anyone following the game would know him from Smash and just the last decade overall. XB2 didn't have that, just the brand alone.

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Better than expected... COVID likely helped it also it had a good release date without really competition on switch

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Cool. So they can really use money this time to make X remaster.
I hope they will be back to more serious and homogenous games at some point, or here and there at least.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see this IP has become a massive JRPG franchise for Nintendo, expecting some good stuff for the future.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Monolithsoft really deserve the success. 2 million sellers in a row.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
2m should be a lock then, maybe even more considering Switch is on fire and many new gamers will buy the platform in the next few years.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Great to see XB finally get the recognition and sales it deserves. This game is so fuckin good lol.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
it took them ten years to sell a million copies of this game but they finally did it.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Incredibly good news. I don't know if will have long enough legs to reach the 2 mil of Xenoblade 2 but it's a great news regardless