• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
http://store.jp.square-enix.com/item/ME10007.html
Wong Fei Fong
7344yen
Sept 1 2018

FREE_ITEM116.jpg

FREE_ITEM119.jpg

http://store.jp.square-enix.com/item/ME10053.html
Elehayym Van Houten
7344yen
Nov 30 2018

FREE_ITEM115.jpg

FREE_ITEM120.jpg

http://store.jp.square-enix.com/item/ME10054.html
Weltall
9504yen
Dec 21 2018

FREE_ITEM118.jpg

FREE_ITEM120.jpg

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
Id settle for an HD version on this gen, my second favorite Square game after Chrono Trigger.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Remake? Modern Square would probably turn it into a buddy comedy called Xenogears Mechanicum Crystallis Roadtrippium.

Cool figures though.

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Didn't Xenogears end with "Xenogears Episode V" or something? That project was really ambitious, I'd love to see it continued but I think Takahashi would rather developed the Xenoblade universe (MS said they wanted to do both XC3 and X2 but I have no idea what story you'd give XC3)
Xenosaga is, I think, episode I of the Xenogears story (could be ep II). Though of course they added more stuff to it and rebooted it.

Simon-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
What if Bluepoint next project is a Xenogears remake? Technically it would be bigger in scope than SotC.
Not gonna happen, but a man can dream. A man can dream.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Didn't Xenogears end with "Xenogears Episode V" or something? That project was really ambitious, I'd love to see it continued but I think Takahashi would rather developed the Xenoblade universe (MS said they wanted to do both XC3 and X2 but I have no idea what story you'd give XC3)

Xenosaga is, I think, episode I of the Xenogears story (could be ep II). Though of course they added more stuff to it and rebooted it.

The three Xenosaga games plus some of the side Xenosaga stuff are Xenogears I and Xenogears II.

Just from the first release of Xenosaga 1, the plan got into shambles.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
Y'all putting weird remaster/remake ideas in my mind and I don't want to even think about it.

Great figures though.

Oct 30, 2017
Wow these looks awesome!

This year marks the 20th anniversary... and the whole game is build with a 3D engine so a Remaster treatment like FFIX and FFVII on steam and PS4 would actually benefits the game A LOT.

............ just saying.

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
Sadly, will never happen. The greatest rpg story of all time will be overlooked by so many.

It was never released in Europe, I had to import games like FF tactics, Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger, Bushido Blade and Xenogears back in the day (the list goes on). If Square wouldve published games in the EU market perhaps these games could've found more of the love they deserved to justify sequels.

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all putting weird remaster/remake ideas in my mind and I don't want to even think about it.

Great figures though.

Square is making a whole division just to release Switch games. Monolith is Nintendo now. They've wet fans' appetite with the anniversary concert and remastered OST.

The scene is ripe for this to happen. They just need to goddamn decide to do it! >:E

Femto0

Banned
Apr 28, 2018
My favorite game ever,i don't know what i would do if square announced a remaster or a remake

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Considering
The Zohar (it's only called The Conduit because Takahashi couldn't oficially name it The Zohar) appears in XC2 I'm thinking XC1 and 2 are of the same continuity, I wonder if Xenoblade X has any elements that could link them together.

yea in game files has the conduit named "zohar" so I agree

Oct 28, 2017
Damn I've never played xenogears. But the figurines and art make me wanna.

Has it aged well?
To be honest, I haven't played it in many years. I believe it's on the psn store if you have a PS3 or vita. I definitely recommend it. But you might wanna watch some videos on YouTube to see if it's something you'd like.

It's absolutely one of the best rpgs ever.

Edit: Here's the beginning of the game.

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Considering
The Zohar (it's only called The Conduit because Takahashi couldn't oficially name it The Zohar) appears in XC2 I'm thinking XC1 and 2 are of the same continuity, I wonder if Xenoblade X has any elements that could link them together.
I haven't played XC2 yet. XC1 could be connected, but it seems they chose not to.

Xeno X seems very unlikely to be connected, though it deals with alternate realities. Though some of the nopon in that game have mouse ears that resemble chuchu, which could be a nod to that becoming the Xenogears world (very unlikely, though)

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
I'm so used to the polygonal in-game graphics that the roundness of the corners of Weltall look weird to me.

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
The Conduit in XC2 is this thing:

and Klaus uses it to create a new universe, he calls it a "gift from some divine entity" and a "gateway to another world". So, who knows? Seems oddly similar to the Zohar.
Yeah, that's obviously similar to how humans gnosified Earth by doing experiments with the Zohar. I fully expected that from XC1 back story.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
aged badly, it is a pretty slow game with sprites over 3D-Modelled terrain.

But the game is a masterpiece, it is the most ambitious video-game ever with one of the best stories ever in media.

I'm curious to try this on an emulator with high internal resolution, one of the benefits of which being sprites not losing detail when the camera zooms out. Fast forward may also be handy :p

Hoping it goes on sale on US PSN again sometime so I can rip the eboot. There's so many PS1 RPGs I've wanted to get to for the longest time

OP
OP
duckroll

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Why the hell is there random Xenoblade spoiler discussion in a Xenogears thread. Cmon, there are like 10 other XB threads if you want to talk about that. :P

But the game is a masterpiece, it is the most ambitious video-game ever with one of the best stories ever in media.
I don't actually think it has aged badly, and that's actually the problem it faces with a remake or remaster. The specific look the game went for still looks REALLY good when played in the right resolution/screen. It looks great on the Vita, and it would be incredibly hard to replicate a lot of the scenes in quality that is as good or better, with full HD 3D graphics. The mix of sprites, 3D environments, 3D mechs, and low-resolution textures which have just enough detail so we fill in the rest mentally creates a look which is very elegant.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Why the hell is there random Xenoblade spoiler discussion in a Xenogears thread. Cmon, there are like 10 other XB threads if you want to talk about that. :P

I don't actually think it has aged badly, and that's actually the problem it faces with a remake or remaster. The specific look the game went for still looks REALLY good when played in the right resolution/screen. It looks great on the Vita, and it would be incredibly hard to replicate a lot of the scenes in quality that is as good or better, with full HD 3D graphics. The mix of sprites, 3D environments, 3D mechs, and low-resolution textures which have just enough detail so we fill in the rest mentally creates a look which is very elegant.

I like the look of it yes, I loved it a lot, but playing the game, the platforming, and the camera can annoy people nowdays.. things I don't have issues with myself.

There is also the slowness of text and battle animations

I'm curious to try this on an emulator with high internal resolution, one of the benefits of which being sprites not losing detail when the camera zooms out. Fast forward may also be handy :p

Hoping it goes on sale on US PSN again sometime so I can rip the eboot. There's so many PS1 RPGs I've wanted to get to for the longest time

Play it first! you may find it fine.

Oct 25, 2017

Damn I've never played xenogears. But the figurines and art make me wanna.

Has it aged well?

I agree that the visuals and aesthetic style still look super good today. Anecdotal, but I was showing it to my younger cousin in middle-school, and once he saw the camera rotating around inside the Yggradsil he was all impressed. But, I think it's sorely in need of QoL additions and general polish. I feel like newcomers today might find aspects of it too archaic. (Still one of the best JRPGs ever though, even with said blemishes).

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Those look really cool. But damn the separated heads look creepy, Elly even more so.