• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
I'll wait for the botchamania type highlights. They are really banking on the SuperBowl ad drawing people in eh?

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Super Bowl ad going to be: "You're watching the best the NFL has to offer! It's great, and we know when the celebrations are over, you'll be hungry for more hard hitting action! So on February 7, join us for the best players of the guys who couldn't even get on the worst teams in the NFL! YEAHHHHH XFL 2.0 BITCHES"

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
The AAF did WAY better ratings wise than expected. They just didn't have the solid financial backing needed to absorb the 3-4 years of losses that a start-up league is going to incur. Vince has enough pride and money in the bank to keep this thing going for at least two seasons if the ratings are on a similar level.

A lot of the AAF players, I'm assuming, will be showing up in the xfl?

There's a lot of overlap, yeah, particularly in the QB pool. Luis Perez and Josh Johnson notably. Also Aaron Murray.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I still remember watching the opening game of the original XFL...or at least 20 minutes of it. I turned it off and went to play Silent Hill if I remember correctly. He Hate Me better return.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone followed the UFL Season? I used to stream the games from their site. lol.

maxresdefault.jpg

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
The AAF did WAY better ratings wise than expected. They just didn't have the solid financial backing needed to absorb the 3-4 years of losses that a start-up league is going to incur. Vince has enough pride and money in the bank to keep this thing going for at least two seasons if the ratings are on a similar level.
Which is why people want this to succeed so Vince can leave WWE or flop to show Vince he's a idiot. AAF just lost money and couldn't finish the season. I get the feeling this actually might last a season again, past that? Who knows.

The only big success story was Greg Ward who jumped to the Eagles and did good.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
Hope it flops Midway through that way the only XFL Champ will remain the X-Treme! I saw "The Big Game at the End" live baby!! Tommy Maddux was a god that day! X! TREME! 🙅🏻‍♂️

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I'm contractionally obligated to root for all Houston teams so go 'cats.

Other than that, I'm hoping the hell out of this.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
At the end of the season they should have the two lowest ranked teams play a game and the winner gets a Money in the Bank briefcase that they can cash in on the champion at some point in the future.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'll watch some STL games considering they're closest but damn this feels like it's gonna be one massive trainwreck. Vince is gonna regret this lol

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017
Why is everyone hoping this fails?? Think of us who have no local team to support. We need this!

May 26, 2019
Honestly I think people are overhating the new XFL, I'm pretty sure that it won't be nowhere near as "xtreme" as the first XFL and makes some good changes imo to some of the rules used in the nfl. As long as the quality of the games are good, I think this could be a good league to solve the 7 month long football drought.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Why is everyone hoping this fails?? Think of us who have no local team to support. We need this!

Because it's a Vince McMahon vanity project that failed the first time because he tried to bring his carney business ethics to pro football. And now he's rebooting it as a place that RESPECTS THE FLAG, DAMNIT!

All while being filled with NFL has-beens and never-weres who will already take a somewhat frustrating game on the professional level and make it look infinitely worse when they're making next to no money comparatively while still putting their bodies on the line just as much as their NFL counterparts.

Can't wait if this succeeds to see the unionization effort get condemned by Vince as a bunch of GLORY BOYS who don't love the game.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Vince buddy gonna run a lot of ads during these games, another reason to avoid, almost puke from SB ads.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I have such a sick obsession with any kind of football league that I'll watch the XFL just to get my football fix.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah McMahon is goin to court with shareholders over this too. Seems some union has a lotta wwe stock. Like 100+ shares or something and they cant get an answer on where the money all came from for the league to insure that it's not diverging funds from wwe critical areas to fund this. Given the investor amounts it's pretty sketchy where all the money is comin from to meet the costs of the xfl which is supposed to remain seperate.

Given exec shareholders dumping stocks since fall, the copresidents were openly against xfl fro. The start and have since left wwe after arguing with vince over his various decisions. Plus suddenly within a week of xfl all talent saw house shows cut thus cutting their pay severely due to less bookings as well as this year added another Saudi blood money wwe ppv which is worth more than all the pay from the rest of the years ppv months combined given the saudi prince pays 60 mill per ppv. Last time half the roster was held hostage in a pissing match over unpaid funds and Vince refusing to air live like agreed. Yeah...dicey shit on xfl funds and how Vince is injecting money into wwe and whether or not hes rolling its cash to xfl. If he claims same profits in a month with half pay to workers and a 60mill injection you can bet it's trying to hide funds diverted to the supposedly seperate xfl in its opening week.

A minor league for football that runs in the spring to refine potential NFL talent is good imo but I see xfl dying in a fire and potentially burning a lot of shareholders and wrestlers in its wake.