• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Novoitus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
watching these young QBs is so much more interesting than watching 30 year old "I've played 8 NFL games" trash tbh

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
i dont watch NFL much but PJ is def legit, how come he didnt make the colts squad? injuries?

The starter was Andrew Luck at the time and Brissett as the backup. Walker wasn't really needed except if both players went down, he was the PS QB

Edit: He showed flashes in preseason but its hard to tell since its just preseason and a lot of teams are trying out players.

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017
The starter was Andrew Luck at the time and Brissett as the backup. Walker wasn't really needed except if both players went down, he was the PS QB

Edit: He showed flashes in preseason but its hard to tell since its just preseason and a lot of teams are trying out players.
Why not bring him back when Luck retired instead of Hoyer?

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Why not bring him back when Luck retired instead of Hoyer?

I think he was signed to the XFL already and they blocked him signing with the Steelers after he was waived by the Colts. For Hoyer, Indy wanted a veteran QB to help mentor Brissett or something like that. It would have been better keeping Walker especially after Hoyer did awful against Miami.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Ta'amu's only 22 as well. QB needy teams need to call him up. Walker should also get a chance to go on a squad. Maybe he can come back to Indy 👀

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so what is the deal with XFL contracts. Is there an out for players to go to the NFL? Or do the players all have to wait out their full contract to expire? Would an NFL team potentially tell, for example, PJ Walker's agent to advise his player to sit out so they doesn't get hurt? If a team is interested in giving one of these QBs a workout you'd think they would want to play it as safe as possible.

But if there's no out and the players have to play out their entire contract it's pretty unlikely they'd sit out for a few years. They'd probably have to keep playing just to stay relevant.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
so what is the deal with XFL contracts. Is there an out for players to go to the NFL? Or do the players all have to wait out their full contract to expire? Would an NFL team potentially tell, for example, PJ Walker's agent to advise his player to sit out so they doesn't get hurt? If a team is interested in giving one of these QBs a workout you'd think they would want to play it as safe as possible.
They have to fulfill their contract, I believe they are 1 year contracts.

How was the earlier game at 3? I was out and missed it.

Novoitus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does Ta'Amu have a good arm? I wonder if it's the playcalling holding him back or the playcalling covering a weakness up. It's all short, quick passes in this offense.

Mr.Gamerson

Oct 27, 2017
Great game, these are definitely the best two teams in the League. I was actually was more hyped during the earlier game than this one because of all the foolery and because my expectations were lower and that game ended much better than i had hoped.

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
They have to fulfill their contract, I believe they are 1 year contracts.

How was the earlier game at 3? I was out and missed it.

Yeah, I think they are 1 year contracts. I think it is good with 1 year contracts, but also sucks too because after the season we will probably lose guys like Walker, Landry, and Ta'amu to name a few to the NFL. It can be tough for the XFL losing some of your gems at the end of the season since especially both of yesterday's games weren't the greatest until the second half.

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I think they are 1 year contracts. I think it is good with 1 year contracts, but also sucks too because after the season we will probably lose guys like Walker, Landry, and Ta'amu to name a few to the NFL. It can be tough for the XFL losing some of your gems at the end of the season since especially both of yesterday's games weren't the greatest until the second half.

However, if the XFL loses players to the NFL that makes the XFL a viable league for prospects that needed more tape

I'm taking the under in all 4 games next week.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
Both QB's in the last game are better than the 2 QB's that played for the Steelers this year.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
So when will ratings for week 2 be available? Last week we had saturday ratings by sunday afternoon.
Probably not till Tuesday or Wednesday- President's Day holiday is today, and the reason we got those numbers early last week was because they were great and the networks wanted to tout them

LordValhalla

Jan 9, 2018
Does Ta'Amu have a good arm? I wonder if it's the playcalling holding him back or the playcalling covering a weakness up. It's all short, quick passes in this offense.

Ta'amu has a great arm. Check out some highlights from his last two years at Ole Miss (he also had AJ Brown and DK Metcalf to throw to, so that helps) but he is accurate and can throw it downfield. Playcalling is a little stiff IMO. I would like to see more down field shots. Pierson-El is a solid target for Ta'amu, but thats about it.

Oct 28, 2017
XFL-WK3-slider-image-3840x1744

Standings_week_twob_2032x1144

Houston Roughnecks at Tampa Bay Vipers
  • Odds: Roughnecks -5.5
  • Over/Under: 47
  • Time: 2 p.m. ET on Saturday
  • TV Channel: ABC
Dallas Renegades at Seattle Dragons
  • Odds: Renegades -4.5
  • Over/Under: 44.5
  • Time: 5 p.m. ET on Saturday