• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Absolutely. Holy cow it was a messy week across all games. And it was rarely one sided in penalties. I wonder if it's just a side effect of teams getting more comfortable and starting to push some boundaries.

In terms of the NY game, I felt there was a distinct lack of leadership in that team, from the coach to the players, there was nobody setting a positive tone or laying down the law, they were a grim bunch slowly imploding as the scoreline got worse for them.

I felt bad for DC's Pep Hamilton though, he seems a good guy.

Oct 28, 2017

Also a ratings tidbit:
While final XFL television ratings for Week 3 were not yet available as of Monday afternoon, the league posted a marked decline in viewership from its debut weekend to Week 2. The four games that aired during Week 3 drew an average of 2.1 million viewers, down 34 percent compared to Week 1.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad Phillip Walker is finding success. I'll root for a former Colt, even though he plays for a Houston team. He couldn't cut it on the Colts but he's successful now.

Johnny956

Oct 25, 2017

Also a ratings tidbit:
While final XFL television ratings for Week 3 were not yet available as of Monday afternoon, the league posted a marked decline in viewership from its debut weekend to Week 2. The four games that aired during Week 3 drew an average of 2.1 million viewers, down 34 percent compared to Week 1.

St. Louis most likely will sell out the lower bowl again or get close to it looking at current tickets available. I know Battlehawks GM said they will reevaluate opening up the upperbowl depending on how attendance looks after this 2nd game

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Ratings dropped again in week 3, losing about 500k viewers on the ABC broadcast from last week.

not catestrophic drops but inability to retain viewers is a problem.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
1.9 and 2.0 for the Saturday games. 1.4 and 1.0 for the Sunday games. That's not good, but better than where the AAF was at this point. Then again, the AAF games were on NFL Network and TNT at one point.

Oct 28, 2017
1.9 and 2.0 for the Saturday games. 1.4 and 1.0 for the Sunday games. That's not good, but better than where the AAF was at this point. Then again, the AAF games were on NFL Network and TNT at one point.

A 2.0 is a sustainable number if they can find the right time slot for these games. Sunday might be to tall a task considering all the stuff that happens on Sunday from February to April.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
A 2.0 is a sustainable number if they can find the right time slot for these games. Sunday might be to tall a task considering all the stuff that happens on Sunday from February to April.

I think they're fine on Saturdays. Nothing else really on during those times except college basketball, and they're staying out of the prime time slots.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
xfl_ratings_0.png

:)

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah this week is a wash and RBH wants it to bomb, you fool, if this is a success , Vince will leave the E.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still laughing at these live mics on the field.

It happened earlier, but the Guardians were ready to snap the ball. One guy just keeps saying "Throw it. Throw it!", and then when the play happens that same guy says "Throw that shit!"

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I gotta be honest, I think I'm starting to get bored of the XFL product. With zero stars and frequently abysmal on field play, the love of football may not be enough to keep me around much longer.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Looks like we're not alone. This thread is deader than a doornail, and the ratings are way down.

I'm trying to stick to only watching one game a weekend and actually get out of the house now that the weather is a bit nicer. This weekend, the obvious choice is Dallas/Houston.

It's too easy for me to fall into a football coma, and I've been there since September.

Last edited:

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I'm still watching! Commenting on the reddit game thread. Not looking good for my Wildcats, despite Moss's best efforts at scaring the shit out of his players.

Oct 28, 2017
The gotta play in a smaller stadium. The crowds would be a lot better in a smaller venue. Prolly only 17k in a place built for 70k is no Bueno.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I tapped out on XFL as well. Watched the first two weeks, but I just became less and less interested over time.