• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm liking this league. This particular game hasn't been great but overall a very impressive opening week.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
This is not bad, so far, the only clunker was Tampa.

Are we using this thread throughout the season or is this OT for WK1?

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
XFL2K21?

Please. Please.
giphy.gif

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Well we certainly know that the broadcasters were instructed to hype this XFL train.
One thing that was weird to me was them openly saying the NFL was the "next level" and putting it over, I figured they would try to build themselves as a better alternative. To me it was like if McDonalds said "we're a stepping stone for people to eat at Wendy's", or if WCW said they were a stepping stone to the WWF. And hey, I know we all know it's true, just surprised it was said out loud is all.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
Is there anywhere that actually has box scores for these games? I can't find jack shit on most sites other than short write ups and a handful of video clips.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

Kcoe27400

Mar 14, 2018
The ABC game did 3.3 million viewers peaking at 4 million. It beat primetime basketball later that night on ABC. Worth noting Ohio was the biggest market. Give them a team they are desperate.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else find it weird how much they talk about and display the betting lines during these games?

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
One thing that was weird to me was them openly saying the NFL was the "next level" and putting it over, I figured they would try to build themselves as a better alternative. To me it was like if McDonalds said "we're a stepping stone for people to eat at Wendy's", or if WCW said they were a stepping stone to the WWF. And hey, I know we all know it's true, just surprised it was said out loud is all.
This was the AAF.

Vince learned that poking the bear didn't help the first time plus Goodell wants to give players a chance if they are big enough.