• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I find it funny how ESPN leaned in 100% on displaying the favorite and U/O while Fox just pops it up from time to time

AwesomeSauce

Oct 25, 2017
what's gonna happen when the best players are offered nfl contracts?

How does the league compete with that

The league is more of a compliment to the NFL than a competitor IMO. Gives a bunch of players a chance to put stuff on film and get reps.

I think it gets interesting if they can steal ineligible college talent before they hit the NFL.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
what's gonna happen when the best players are offered nfl contracts?

How does the league compete with that

Realistically, that is probably not going to happen, at least not to any meaningful degree. The NFL has already seen these guys. They don't want them. Making an NFL roster is already incredibly competitive, even just the practice squad, and the NCAA does a fine job of replenishing the NFL with hundreds of cheap, young athletes fresh out of college every year.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
image0.jpg

Have to imagine they're pretty excited about this number. Hopefully the drop in week 2 isn't too bad.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I can already imagine a HBO comedy about a washed up character joining the XFL for redemption and a chance to return to the NFL.

Eastbound & Down spinoff!

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
So was this actually watchable? If so, rate it on a scale of the Browns (1) - the Cowboys (5) - the Chiefs (10).

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I like the idea that the XFL is about players who are looking for redemption, another chance in life, maybe some of them are murderers and rapists, some of them went on bombing sprees, look who knows, they're doing it For The Love Of The Game, as the ESPN hosts kept saying with a straight face.

btw everyone, I've mentioned how I'm a noob to the sport and learning about it lately. After watching a handful of games the only thing I dislike about the sport so far is the staggering amount of ad breaks. Yikes. If XFL is all about speeding up play leading to shorter games, that's a good thing.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Forget that California bill, can this be a viable option for top players coming out of High School in the future? I figure some of these top prospects would rather go make 100k+ per year in the XFL for 3 years rather than waste away their time in College if that's not really something they're interested in.

It does seem like this is not the direction the XFL necessarily wants to go in either. But if they get some big signings and people tune in that could change their tune.

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Forget that California bill, can this be a viable option for top players coming out of High School in the future? I figure some of these top prospects would rather go make 100k+ per year in the XFL for 3 years rather than waste away their time in College if that's not really something they're interested in.

NO

18 year olds competing against grown men in their mid 20s is a recipe for disaster. You'll get 2 kids a year that could do it, and they will inevitably go to a Bama or Clemson where they're getting paid six figures under the table anyway as a 5 star.

Oct 28, 2017
www.tmz.com

Colin Kaepernick Wanted 'Exorbitant' Salary To Play In XFL, Says Oliver Luck

Colin Kaepernick's salary demands to play quarterback in the XFL were "exorbitant" ... so says the league's commissioner.

I know he's blackballed from the NFL but there were also reports that he didn't look good during his work outs. We know he got real money from his settlement so if he gets some XFL Time and just burn that league down, it should be easier to get back into the NFL

#wishfulthinking

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I know he's blackballed from the NFL but there were also reports that he didn't look good during his work outs. We know he got real money from his settlement so if he gets some XFL Time and just burn that league down, it should be easier to get back into the NFL

#wishfulthinking

He should coach the Vipers offensive for a laugh. Then inadvertently win the championship.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
It's official: going to Defenders Gaurdians with a buddy on Saturday lmao. Got decent seats for 75 bucks. He's originally from NJ and a Giants fan so naturally he's a Gaurdians fan. Even ordered a hoody. I was going to get a Defenders one but it's sold out so I just bought a new Caps hoody to wear. Can't wait. Audi field about to be lit.

Oct 28, 2017
XFL-WK2-slider-image-3840x1744

New York Guardians at DC Defenders
  • Projected Spread: Defenders -3
  • Projected Total: 47.5
  • Kickoff: 2 p.m. ET on Saturday
  • TV: ABC
Tampa Bay Vipers at Seattle Dragons
  • Projected Spread: Vipers -2.5
  • Projected Total: 46
  • Kickoff: 5 p.m. ET on Saturday
  • TV: FOX
Dallas Renegades at Los Angeles Wildcats
  • Projected Spread: Renegades -4
  • Projected Total: 47
  • Kickoff: 3 p.m. ET on Sunday
  • TV: ABC
St. Louis BattleHawks at Houston Roughnecks
  • Projected Spread: Roughnecks -7
  • Projected Total: 50
  • Kickoff: 6 p.m. ET on Sunday
  • TV: FS1

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Makes sense. FS1 though is basically their ESPN and it's looking like it's gonna flip flop.

I think the league insisted on having a Sunday network game and since Fox couldn't oblige, sticking the early game on ABC and the late game on FS1 was the compromise.

I find the horse trading fascinating.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017

The only defensive coordinator in franchise history :(

Now that they've gotten rid of the dead weight, I can see my favourites going all the way to win this league. You read it here folks.

btw, I traded some games in and got Madden 20 for free, looking forward to my first experience playing an NFL game! I know everyone hates on EAs annual offerings, but I'm sure I'll get a lot out of it as a noob. Most especially looking forward to seeing all the different variations of plays.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Some more context for the ratings https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/...-303961?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Sunday's late afternoon game between the St. Louis BattleHawks and Dallas Renegades on ESPN, which is a cable channel with about 30 percent less total audience than the major networks, did a very strong 2.495 million viewers and a 1.43 rating.

The ESPN number was higher than any UFC broadcast has ever done on that network and beat out what most NBA games do in better time slots.

Kcoe27400

Mar 14, 2018
So the fox number went up on sunday from Saturday and a very strong Espn number. Shows people must've liked the first game as they kept coming back. Obviously they need to keep the strong ratings all season but for week 1 thats a great sign. Itll be interesting to see what the fs1 numbers look like this weekend. I think Espn and Fs1 who will need non college basketball content once the tourney starts is the XFLs best hope for a long term tv contract.

br0ken_shad0w

Oct 27, 2017
Washington
They're opening additional sections in CenturyLink for the Seattle Dragons home opener.
We're thirsty for football my friends.

Lol I got my ticket a couple of days ago when they expanded then and now they're opening the 2nd level. Coincidentally this will be my first time in Centurylink (*shakes fist at Seahawks ticket prices*) I'll be riding the Zorn train no matter where it goes.

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
Lol I got my ticket a couple of days ago when they expanded then and now they're opening the 2nd level. Coincidentally this will be my first time in Centurylink (*shakes fist at Seahawks ticket prices*) I'll be riding the Zorn train no matter where it goes.
Enjoy! It's a pretty fun place. Wife and I are going to the March 15th game. Would have loved to make it to the season opener