• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
The XFL needs to have expansion teams that aren't in major cities. Philly doesn't really need another sports team.

Hopefully its in a smaller stadium since there's no way it'd fill Lincoln Financial.

Oct 28, 2017
They may not be the Cowboys, but they are a Dallas football team. Fuck the Renegades. Go Dragons.
All the over/unders look too high to me.

Take all 4 unders and make money.

The XFL needs to have expansion teams that aren't in major cities. Philly doesn't really need another sports team.

Hopefully its in a smaller stadium since there's no way it'd fill Lincoln Financial.

You gotta get you benchmarks out of the way first. Every other XFL city has an NFL team (save for St. Louis) however you are right about The Linc being far too big. PPL Park makes more sense.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle

Portland would be a good fit. They could play at the same stadium where the Timbers play MLS games and you've got a built-in I-5 rivalry with the Dragons 100 miles North in Seattle.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Any word on the ratings for this past weekend?

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
The AAF admirably tried this and it didn't really work (Birmingham, Salt Lake).

I'd be OK with a San Antonio though, for example.

I'd love to see another San Antonio team, they were one of the more entertaining teams in the league. I think it depends where like San Diego and Oakland would be good spots since they were former NFL cities. Also wanting there to be an Albuquerque team personally but I know that'll never happen

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
San Diego needs a team before anywhere else does.

8th largest city, 5th largest country (by population), and nothing.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I'd love to see another San Antonio team, they were one of the more entertaining teams in the league. I think it depends where like San Diego and Oakland would be good spots since they were former NFL cities. Also wanting there to be an Albuquerque team personally but I know that'll never happen

Yeah, San Antonio had probably the best authentic support in the AAF. If the league goes to 12 next season, I'd put a team there and in Vegas. Not a huge fan of the Philly idea but it makes sense. Then do another Midwest team (Columbus? The ratings have been huge there).

IMO, go to 12 next year, see if this thing sticks for a few years, than approach expansion to 16 in say, four years or so IF the league is doing OK even with the diluted talent pool.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
twitter.com

Aaron Levine on Twitter

“The @XFLDragons receive a 7.6 rating/22 share in the Seattle-Tacoma viewing market for their game on @Q13FOX on Saturday, an 18.8% increase in viewers from its first week, which is impressive, especially given that another 29k were actually at the game. @xfl2020”
How many viewers is a 7.6 rating?

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, San Antonio had probably the best authentic support in the AAF. If the league goes to 12 next season, I'd put a team there and in Vegas. Not a huge fan of the Philly idea but it makes sense. Then do another Midwest team (Columbus? The ratings have been huge there).

IMO, go to 12 next year, see if this thing sticks for a few years, than approach expansion to 16 in say, four years or so IF the league is doing OK even with the diluted talent pool.

Why are the ratings good in Columbus?

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I read that Tebow was "in communication" with the XFL. Hire him, and also Colin Kaepernick, and get some word of mouth going. It's still a long shot to survive, even the year, but it has no chance without signing some players people have heard of. Who's the most famous person in the XFL right now? McGloin? Novak?

Guzim

Oct 25, 2017
I read that Tebow was "in communication" with the XFL. Hire him, and also Colin Kaepernick, and get some word of mouth going. It's still a long shot to survive, even the year, but it has no chance without signing some players people have heard of. Who's the most famous person in the XFL right now? McGloin? Novak?
www.reuters.com

XFL commissioner: Kaepernick salary demands too high

Colin Kaepernick could have played in the reborn XFL, but his salary demands were too high, commissioner Oliver Luck said in an interview.

"We spoke with his representative, and the salary requirements that were broached in that conversation were exorbitant and certainly out of our range," Luck said.

Luck didn't name Kaepernick's asking price, but Kaepernick reportedly told officials with the now-defunct Alliance of American Football last year that he wanted $20 million a season.

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
San Diego needs a team before anywhere else does.

8th largest city, 5th largest country (by population), and nothing.

Need to add Chicago into the conversation as we are the #3 largest city in the country. With a very bad Bears team to add to it, why not bring back the Enforcers unless they want to change the team name to leave any stink from the first season in the past.

Oct 28, 2017

Josh Johnson was in the NFL for 12 years before coming to the XFL but he's not exactly "famous." I don't know that they need a name per se, if the product has enough of a foundation under it, it will survive on it's own. Having highlights make the SportCenter Top 10 helps legitimize things. If people keep watching, it will make it.

br0ken_shad0w

Oct 27, 2017
Washington
Would the top tier XFL players even go to the NFL if they only offered to be on the PS again? Mind you just being on it still pays more than the XFL and I'm assuming that tier 1 salary is if the team wins all their games and gets all the bonuses.

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Probably Cardale Jones. Despite little NFL career, National Championship winning QB for one of the biggest sports brands out there is a draw. Apparently XFL is getting huge ratings in Columbus.

Mr.Gamerson

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking forward the most to Renegades/Dragons game and the Wildcats/Defenders game. I would like to see how well the defenders play away against a seemingly improved wildcats team at home. I also want to see how Landry looks in his second game and if Silvers can be more consistent on offense and if not, then i look forward to seeing BJ Daniels get a shot hopefully.

The ratings drop looks good. If the XFL can average 1.5 to 2 million viewers for their first season with the current shaky play from most teams, then i think they will have a great foundation next season if they can make the necessary improvements. Does anybody think the ratings will improve past week 1's rating at any point in the remaining season?

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
Why not do
I'm looking forward the most to Renegades/Dragons game and the Wildcats/Defenders game. I would like to see how well the defenders play away against a seemingly improved wildcats team at home. I also want to see how Landry looks in his second game and if Silvers can be more consistent on offense and if not, then i look forward to seeing BJ Daniels get a shot hopefully.

The ratings drop looks good. If the XFL can average 1.5 to 2 million viewers for their first season with the current shaky play from most teams, then i think they will have a great foundation next season if they can make the necessary improvements. Does anybody think the ratings will improve past week 1's rating at any point in the remaining season?
They could for championship. If St. Louis DC or Seattle is in it.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Seems they lost about a million viewers per game from week 1 to 2. Not the worst but also not good if the novelty is wearing off and the quality of play doesn't hold up. Still don't think this gets past season 1.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017

Milwaukee would be kind of a cool city to put an XFL team in.

Seems they lost about a million viewers per game from week 1 to 2. Not the worst but also not good if the novelty is wearing off and the quality of play doesn't hold up. Still don't think this gets past season 1.
XFL ratings were great week 1 and then had a substantial dropoff in week 2?

FailingContentGalapagosmockingbird-size_restricted.gif

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Yeah I definitely don't see the ratings drop as good nor anything to take confidence in. It will be interesting to see the ratings for week three. Week 2 had some abysmal quality of play on the field.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see any of week 2 games, I'm still pretty much burnt-out of watching football games.

I watched week 1 games because of curiosity.

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Hadn't looked at the schedule yet. Houston's playing Tampa?

Welp. Hope y'all like televised murders.

"Best" game of the weekend in terms of it being close will probably be SEA/DAL.