• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Been in the works for over a year and will hopefully fix many of the problems the game was plagued with.

8f7f178d245b31d22777a9db022e566ff9949e4e.png

store.steampowered.com

XIII - Steam News Hub

Updates, events, and news from the developers of XIII.
  • Refined art style
  • Enhanced A.I.
  • Reworked HUD
  • Revamped sound design
  • 30fps in Switch
  • 60fps on PS5/Xbox Series
  • Online MP
Really cool that they're actually adding the MP and hopefully the art style will be more in line of the OG game.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the game was bad at release and while it had problems after the big patch and the art style was worst (I really don't think it was as bad as everyone screamed), I had a good time with it. Just my 2 cents!

EDIT: Seems like they removed the news, so who knows what's gonna happen. Probably just announced to early?

Last edited:

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I thought this remake would just be binned off after launch, I recall that calling its development "troubled" would be an understatement. Fair play.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
lol what
I assumed this was incredibly dead already.

I mean, I hope this is actually good, XIII is a great game and deserved a good remake.

EDIT: ohhhhh I see Microids gave it to another studio to revamp it. Interesting.

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't aware an update was being worked on. I loved the original version back in the day and all the stuff I saw from the remake bummed me out :(

I may grab the game if the update truly fixes the most egregious problems.

HOTSPUR

Oct 25, 2017
I will buy this at $20 if the update actually fixes the issues. Such a damn shame the remake launched in a horrible state, I was excited. XIII was one of those games I have a weird soft spot for and I was excited to revisit it when this was announced initially

I also thought I somehow was a couple thousand pages deep in the forum until I read OP lol

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
This update might make me buy the game. XIII deserves the love

Not going to lie. seeing and reading this got me bummed

Screenshot-2022-06-29-150027.png

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Good to see them putting the work and resources in, hopefully it delivers. Seeing how the remake turned out was pretty crushing.

Tesser

Writer/Critic at Hardcore Gamer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Wait....WHAT?! This is actually a thing. Had no idea they were going to such lengths.

And yeh, I played/reviewed it: horrible remake.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
If it turns out to fix things properly, I'd definitely look at picking this up. Loved the original back in the day, and the remake ending up a bit of a disaster was such a disappointment.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
So this is a completely different dev given the job of trying to salvage this? Well I hope it works out!

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fingers crossed this solves the issues plaguing the game - I'll pick up a copy if so, I love XIII.

Edit: fuck it, grabbed it from The Game Collection for £8.95 on PS4. For some reason Xbox is £14.95 still.

Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Yeah, stay far away for now from this game in its current form. Absolute misery.

They've updated a lot since then but it is still a subpar experience, you're better off playing the original game. I'm very interested in seeing what they do with the revamp.

Deleted member 110527

Mar 11, 2022
wow, good on them for still putting work in on this... agree with most above that i assumed they just dropped it and took the L

Wesley

Jan 10, 2018
Tempting to pick it up while it's on sale... but would like to see proof of the improved art style first.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Releasing Smarch 9th? Hopefully the weather isn't lousy

tempted to finally try it

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
This game will need to be re-evaluated after all these patches. Interested to pick it up at some point if it's good.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a shitshow of a remake, I loved the original. The multiplayer mode was fun, especially that one with the enemy that got smaller in size, the more you shot it (think it was called hunt?).

Kazer

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, didn't even know this was being worked on. Might pick it up if this patch fixes a lot.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I had abandoned all hope for this game. I love XIII and I can't wait to replay it in a good modern version!!

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Was it not already 30fps on Switch? Such a weird thing to point out.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Gotta love the trend of releasing games half-baked and only making them functional a good year and a half later. Handing the development of the remake to an entirely new studio after release is something else, lol.

thatJohann

Nov 17, 2020
This hasn't been released yet on the Switch, has it? can't find any info or footage on the switch port.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
I was so excited for this remake as I love the original. Bought it and played day one. Stopped after about 15 minutes.

Really happy to hear they are seemingly making good on it. Will jump in when this launches.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Out today.

Conflicting reports on whether there is supposed to be a free upgrade to the next-gen consoles or not.

The press release states:
Paris – September 13th 2022 – Microids is delighted to announce the release of XIII Remake on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. Owners of the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC versions can update their game free of charge to benefit from numerous upgrades and additional features.
While supports says
D351-ADF1-97-BC-462-C-9-D44-C80-CB7-F8-C3-D1.png

Getting the suspicion that they have been obtuse about it on purpose.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
What's the verdict, did this patch salvage the game?
From what I've tried on PS5 via BC (because I'm not paying to upgrade it lmao), it runs a hell of a lot better than it did, but I've been getting occasional stutters, and the auto aim option is straight up broken, but thankfully is defaulted to off.

In terms of visuals it looks alright now. Interiors look more cel shaded than exteriors, and it has more of a faithful feel all around. That being said, all the cool comic cutscenes are still the initial remakes ugly pre rendered cutscenes, which are even more jarring now thanks to the change in art style.

I'd recommend playing the original for sure, but unless you're like a die hard fan, if they can sort the stuttering out, or if the next gen versions don't have that, this new version has been fine so far. It's certainly playable at least.