• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Creating this thread to give some detailed info on the event, as some people might been lost on when all happens and didn't found like an official thread.

For those confused at what exactly this event is:

It's the X0 event where they'll have a FanFest and an Inside Xbox episode.

The whole event is XO, in here there will be a special edition of "Inside Xbox" with the big announcements. Besides that, the Xbox Fanfest is happening around it. With that cleared, let's jump into the info.

XO 2018 "Inside Xbox" Special Edition

t1541883600z4.png

When: Saturday 10th, 2018
Time: 4 PM ET/1 PM PT (show is 2 hours long)
Where: Mixer, Twitch, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter

Already announced games to be shown:
- Crackdown 3
- Sea of Thieves
- Forza Horizon 4
- Minecraft
- State of Decay 2

Extra Perks:
- Those who watch on Mixer can get item drops on Forza and Sea of Thieves, if that is your thing.

That's it if you only care about the specific "press conference", but the event runs from the 9th to 11th in Mexico City, and as far as I know is invitation only, press and a handful of fans invited tru social media (seems like they have to print a free invitation but arrive early at the event). The rest of the Schedule next.

Friday 9th:

- Xbox Fanfest Night (Party for people invited, most likely to not be streamed)

Saturday 10th:

- Xbox Fanfest: runs from 8 AM to 12:30 PM and then from 1:30 to 8 PM, all Central Time.

Sunday 11th:

Esports Extravaganza!

- Gears Pro Circuit Exhibition: 8 AM to 12:30 PM Central Time
- Rainbow Six Tournament: 1:30 to 8 PM Central Time.

Source: Xbox Wire en español.

As pointed out by our ERA users, more games already confirmed (in showfloor or on stream):

Rare will also host a Sea of Thieves panel where Producer Joe Neate and studio head Craig Duncan will answer questions.

Other games confirmed to be on X018 (either on Inside Xbox or playable on the showfloor)
- Ashen (Showfloor)
- Kingdom Hearts (Maybe both)
- The Division 2
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Inside Xbox & Showfloor)
- PUBG (Inside Xbox, maybe also showfloor)

Should also include, the following are confirmed:
  • Over a dozen Game Pass announcements
  • Phil Spencer (Vice President of Gaming)
  • Matt Booty (Head of MS Studios)
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider DLC
  • PUBG update

And also announced to be included in the Inside Xbox episode
- Keyboard & mouse support. With games (Warframe already confirmed) and a reveal of the Razer keyboard and mouse for Xbox.

Also at X018:
- Exclusive reveal for Metro: Exodus
- Behind the scenes of DMC V
- New footage of Just Cause 4

per Dutch Xbox account.

Last edited:

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Rare will also host a Sea of Thieves panel where Producer Joe Neate and studio head Craig Duncan will answer questions.

Other games confirmed to be on X018 (either on Inside Xbox or playable on the showfloor)
- Ashen (Showfloor)
- The Division 2

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider DLC
  • PUBG update

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isnt there an Inside Xbox on Friday 9th? Phil and Matt Booty to be guests, which means some juicy info will be revealed.

OP
OP
Danzflor

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017

- Ashen (Showfloor)
- The Division 2
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider DLC
  • PUBG update
Thanks, will add to the OP.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
- Keyboard & mouse support. With games (Warframe already confirmed) and a reveal of the Razer keyboard and mouse for Xbox.

Isnt there an Inside Xbox on Friday 9th? Phil and Matt Booty to be guests, which means some juicy info will be revealed.

10th of november, so saturday.
1PM pacific
4PM Eastern
9PM London
10PM Berlin/Amsterdam

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Watched this thread. Nice OT! Assuming they don't skip today, a teaser should be posted on Xbox's Twitter with some more of what to expect in about 15 minutes.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

1PM pacific
4PM Eastern
9PM London
10PM Berlin/Amsterdam

:(

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Jump Force will be playable on the showfloor too by the way.

And Joe Staten will talk Crackdown 3 on Inside Xbox.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
And some rumours:
- Microsoft will bring Gamepass to PC with Sunset Overdrive, Age of Empires and Rise of Nations (And maybe even MCC?)
- Microsoft will bring Microsoft PC games to Xbox with mouse and keyboard support (Age of Empires and Rise of Nations)
- Microsoft will announce 1 or 2 new studio acquisitions (Hence why Matt Booty is there)

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
And some rumours:
- Microsoft will bring Gamepass to PC with Sunset Overdrive, Age of Empires and Rise of Nations (And maybe even MCC?)
- Microsoft will bring Microsoft PC games to Xbox with mouse and keyboard support (Age of Empires and Rise of Nations)
- Microsoft will announce 1 or 2 new studio acquisitions (Hence why Matt Booty is there)
I would suggest not putting "or 2 new studios" because that raises expectations and makes everyone expect 2. We will get 1 but I believe Phil Spencer will announce it.

Matt Booty only manages the studios and the games portfolio, Phil makes the deals.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Hope we see Gen 2 of the Elite controller, and maybe new additions to the design labs suite.

OP
OP
Danzflor

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, those are rumors, so relax on that, BUT from what we saw at E3, I would not be surprised to see them buying more work force. I really hope the Game Pass thing comes to PC, I would suscribe in a hearbeat to try Sunset Overdrive.

My only off-the-wall dream is something Banjo-Kazooie related. It's been too long, and while I know Rare is still busy with Sea of Thieves, wouldn't be crazy to see the IP developed by other studio (like it happened with Killer Instinct, and that turned out great).

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, thanks for this.

Just wanting to point out, the use of "presser" and "press conference" might make this a bit confusing. It seems it is an Inside Xbox show, not a traditional press conference like at E3 or Gamescom type of thing.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Nice, thanks for this.

Just wanting to point out, the use of "presser" and "press conference" might make this a bit confusing. It seems it is an Inside Xbox show, not a traditional press conference like at E3 or Gamescom type of thing.
It's confusing to be an Inside Xbox as well because we know that Phil Spencer, Matt Booty and the head of Mojang will be there making announcements which isn't something that happens typically on Inside Xbox.

Also based on how much they've announced they're showing, I don't think they will do 15 min interviews on each game like past Inside Xbox shows, I think there will be a difference in presentation.

I wish someone from Microsoft would answer that question but they won't and we will have to wait.

OP
OP
Danzflor

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, thanks for this.

No worries, I changed it to reflect that. Just went originally with the "presser" as that's a more familiar term for those who follow the industry and know what to expect from shows like this.

Sioul

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Rare will reveal the expansion that is coming after Shrouded Spoils and Joe during the weekly dev update said that this new expansion will be "a real kind of change to Sea of Thieves"

m23

Oct 25, 2017
It's confusing to be an Inside Xbox as well because we know that Phil Spencer, Matt Booty and the head of Mojang will be there making announcements which isn't something that happens typically on Inside Xbox.

Also based on how much they've announced they're showing, I don't think they will do 15 min interviews on each game like past Inside Xbox shows, I think there will be a difference in presentation.

I wish someone from Microsoft would answer that question but they won't and we will have to wait.

Yeah I agree, would be nice to get some clarity from them. At this point I'm expecting an Inside Xbox episode with Phil/Matt just showing up and having a sit down chat with the host of the show.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Rare will reveal the expansion that is coming after Shrouded Spoils and Joe during the weekly dev update said that this new expansion will be "a real kind of change to Sea of Thieves"

I'm expecting more story. Now that the book is out they'll go even further with building the Sea of Thieves world.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks OP! I think I finally understand that X018 is just an additional brand slapped on top of the Inside Xbox episode because of the announcements they'll have. I feel like it wasn't really clear if that was going to be a separate event or just some announcements.

flkRaven

Oct 25, 2017

- Ashen (Showfloor)
- The Division 2

Is the Kingdom Hearts compilation coming to Xbox?

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Thanks OP! I think I finally understand that X018 is just an additional brand slapped on top of the Inside Xbox episode because of the announcements they'll have. I feel like it wasn't really clear if that was going to be a separate event or just some announcements.
That was always clear. What wasn't and still isn't clear is the presentation. Yes it's called Inside Xbox but since you're calling it X018, will there be a difference in announcement scale, presentation, format, etc.

OP
OP
Danzflor

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
To clarify, the 3-day event as a whole is XO 2018, as part of that they will do an special jam packed episode of Inside Xbox (this is where the big announcements are), so it seems like is not gonna be a grandious E3-like press conference. The Inside Xbox episode on itself will bring the announcements, while a big event with a showfloor happens around it (the Fanfest).

Last edited:

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was always clear. What wasn't and still isn't clear is the presentation. Yes it's called Inside Xbox but since you're calling it X018, will there be a difference in announcement scale, presentation, format, etc.

I guess I was just out of the loop then, because it really wasn't clear to me! Format definitely isn't clear still, but I've always thought that the announcement scale was assumed to be bigger than a normal Inside Xbox. How much bigger is the next question though.

To clarify, the 3-day event as a whole is XO 2018, as part of that they will do an special jam packed episode of Inside Xbox (this is where the big announcements are), so it seems like is not gonna be a grandious E3-like press conference. The Inside Xbox episode on itself will bring the announcements, while a big event with a showfloor happens around it.

I thought Fanfest was the 3-day event... I went from being clear straight back to being confused.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I mean it was always that but people hyped it up to be this big thing because Phil made a comment saying something along the lines of "this is an XO event and that name carries something". At previous XO events their have been some game announcements namely BK:N&B and Halo Wars.

My expectations are low right now but we'll see I guess.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Does stuff usually get announced at those events?

X06 was the last big X event, and it saw announcements of the next Banjo (which became Nuts & Bolts), the next Splinter Cell (which became Conviction), PGR4, Halo Wars, two games from Peter Jackson (which never came out in the end), Marvel Universe Online (ditto), and several smaller announcements. I'm not expecting this year's event to be that big, but I do expect a few significant reveals.

Deleted member 2840

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last proper X0 saw the announcement of Halo Wars and a teaser for Banjo Kazooie Nuts 'n Bolts.

But that's a long time ago.. :P

X06 was the last big X event, and it saw announcements of the next Banjo (which became Nuts & Bolts), the next Splinter Cell (which became Conviction), PGR4, Halo Wars, two games from Peter Jackson (which never came out in the end), Marvel Universe Online (ditto), and several smaller announcements. I'm not expecting this year's event to be that big, but I do expect a few significant reveals.

Ooh. That's actually neat. Kinda excited for this weekend now.

bitSS

Self-requested ban
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Portugal
Will watch using the brand new Switch YouTube app ;p

Okay, so this is 7pm to me. Nice time for me. GMT/Lisbon/London time for those who are wondering.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England

1PM pacific
4PM Eastern
9PM London
10PM Berlin/Amsterdam
Ooh hoping we get an Age of Empires 4 on Xbox announcement

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Also at X018:
- Exclusive reveal for Metro: Exodus
- Behind the scenes of DMC V
- New footage of Just Cause 4