• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Street Fighter IV: Champion Edition is also listed, which is either a typo for SFV:CE or another fake listing like Injustice 3.

OP
OP
Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
What's that? I actually don't remember.

Steamdb had package changes. Lots of games got leaked. Lots of people didnt wanna believe it, because of reasons like "Sony Tech" or "lol MS would never bring Halo to PC" or "Danganronpa comes out to Sony consoles before PC lol". Everything in that leak became true:

I would link to gaf, but seems its not allowed. Some Quotes:

It uses Sony proprietary technology for cutscenes afaik. And it never showed up on a non-Sony console so it was easy to assume it wouldn't happen.

Yeah because FFX has license deals with Sony. It could come to PC eventually but not for awhile. The box for PS4 says only on PlayStation I believe.

This all sounds amazing, but haven't there been several games that were leaked in this fashion before that never actually came out? Not trying to be negative here, just cautious about getting everyone's hopes up.

I would be shocked if a Sony studio exclusive ends up a PC game.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
FF Tactics remaster and Chrono Cross remaster

this is how I know it's 100% fake, square doesn't give two shits about those two

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I think it's clearly real, but it's hard to tell what's actually going to come out and if any of the most exciting unannounced games are anywhere close to release even if they do.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Another thing that sounds strange to me is that I haven't see a title of a game that we cannot identify (that is, a new IP), everything is ports, remasters and sequels of things that we already know.

Just like someone would make up a list for testing or whatever.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
FF IX is my favourite FF. I'm not sure I want a remake. I didn't like how Kuja doesn't have a sinister british accent in Dissidia, and I'll be very picky about how it lives up to the original.

Aimi

self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 16, 2021
Super exciting stuff! Obviously won't know what's shelved and what's in-progress until many years down the line, but really exciting stuff nonetheless.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
FF9 remake is likely on the scale of FF7 mobile remake or something.

Chrono Cross is probably similar in scope to that recent Legend of Mana remaster. Same with any other PS1 era Square games I bet.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Steamdb had package changes. Lots of games got leaked. Lots of people didnt wanna believe it, because of reasons like "Sony Tech" or "lol MS would never bring Halo to PC" or "Danganronpa comes out to Sony consoles before PC lol". Everything in that leak became true:

Difference this time is that Steam's database was all thing actively in development / use at that time, making them likely to continue development, and in the end that was true for 95% of stuff that leaked.

Nvidia's leak seems to be a list going back to before 2017 at the very least, while also having super recent additions also, but with no indication that the same titles remain in any active use.
The only thing that is certain is that the list is all real, straight from nvidia for things that were actually at some point active.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Another thing that sounds strange to me is that I haven't see a title of a game that we cannot identify (that is, a new IP), everything is ports, remasters and sequels of things that we already know.

Just like someone would make up a list for testing or whatever.
I've combed over the WB Games section and there have new IP's on there. Only codenames though, but we can see Monolith and IO Interactive.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
FFIX remake to go with the FFIX animation? I don't really understand what is going on here but I saw the closed thread mentioning FFIX remake so here I am, being hopeful.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017

Oh yeah, there are countless examples for that kind of reasoning.
But you know, it's what people knew at the time so i don't blame them.
I wouldn't have believed you that Uncharted was coming to pc 5 years ago but look at us now, you never know what's gonna happen.

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
5muqr6.jpg

Literally those four are megaton for me.

Not gonna lie though, little skeptical due to Scalebound on there (would love for that to make a comeback as well!) but definitely some gold nuggets in that list!

No doubt tons of outdated info, but the unannounced stuff is unreal.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
FF9 remake is likely on the scale of FF7 mobile remake or something.

Chrono Cross is probably similar in scope to that recent Legend of Mana remaster. Same with any other PS1 era Square games I bet.

You're probably right, but hell, I would take the original PS One version of Chrono Cross in all it's non-HD glory if they would put it out that way on ps5.
5muqr6.jpg

Not gonna lie though, little skeptical due to Scalebound on there (would love for that to make a comeback as well!) but definitely some gold nuggets in that list!

Wait, wait, wait, hold up! Tactics Ogre Remaster is listed too? Goddamn, please be real...

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
GT7, Forbidden West and even Demon's souls but no BB makes me think this's 99% BS.
You're looking at this from the wrong perspective. BB being on this list would in fact be the one thing which would definitively invalidate the entire document.

Its absence is very consistent with Sony having not once mentioned it, even within the context of improved performance on Playstation 5.

Sony has however mentioned a PC initiative, so everything else is open game, and those included make sense.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
5muqr6.jpg

No doubt tons of outdated info, but the unannounced stuff is unreal.
Lmao, switch Tactics Ogre and FFT and that is me. Holy shit, I hope this actually happens.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
I imagine if the FF IX remake is real it's less like FF7 remake and more so an actual 1:1 remake of the game? That would be awesome.

Dec 23, 2017

Full list atm (copied from the link), probably more:

• Alan Wake Remastered (Steam)
  • Avowed
  • Batman: Arkham Knight RTX Remaster
  • Batman Citybuilder
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Bioshock 2022
  • BioShock RTX Remaster
  • Catherine Full Body
  • Chrono Cross Remaster
  • Crysis 4
  • Death Stranding Director's Cut
  • Demon's Souls
  • Dragon Age 4
  • Dragon's Dogma 2
  • Earth Defense Force 6
  • Fable 4
  • Fight for Middle-Earth
  • FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE
  • Final Fantasy XVI
  • Forza Motorsport 8
  • Gears 6
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • Goat Simulator 2
  • God of War™
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Grand Theft Auto 3 - Remastered
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Remastered
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Remastered
  • Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
  • Half-Life 2 Remastered (under Valve Software)
  • Halo 5: Guardians
  • Hangar 13 unannounced
  • Helldivers 2
  • Homefront CTP
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Human: Fall Flat 2
  • Indiana Jones
  • Injustice 3: Gods Will Fall
  • Judgment
  • Kingdom Hearts IV
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
  • METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SONS OF LIBERTY HD (available on Shield TV)
  • METAL GEAR SOLID 3: SNAKE EATER HD (available on Shield TV)
  • Metro Next
  • Mirror's Edge RTX Remaster
  • Monster Hunter 6
  • Mortal Kombat Next Gen
  • Mortal Kombat XII
  • Myst Remaster
  • New strategy game (Square Enix)
  • Payday 3
  • Project FPS (Paradox Interactive)
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Resident Evil 4 Remake
  • Returnal
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure
  • Shin Megami Tensei V
  • Sniper Elite 5
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R Android
  • Street Fighter 6
  • System Shock 3
  • Tekken 8
  • Test Drive Unlimited 3 (developed by Big Ben Interactive before cancelled since the currently WIP TDU game is called TDU: Solar Crown, Big Ben are not the devs)
  • Timesplitters 2 (Remastered) (might be the cancelled one that's in Homefront)
  • The Talos Principle 2
  • Titanfall 3 (this is Apex Legends apparently)
  • Tomb Raider 25th Anniversary (2021)
  • Total War 9
  • Tropico Next
  • Unannounced Dungeon Tactics Game (Square Enix)
  • Unannounced title by Square Enix
  • Unannounced Card Game 2 (Square Enix)
  • Untitled iNxile Game
  • Untitled Marvel Game 2020 & Walking Dead Game (Daybreak)
  • Untitled Respawn Game
  • Untitled The Initiative Game
  • Vanquish RE-MASTER
  • Wreckfest sequel
  • Worms Next
  • XCOM3
THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE LIST

Man, this list contains hopes and dreams...

Mirror's Edge RTX Remaster, Ghost of Tsushima, Vanquish Remaster, etc.

Roshin

Oct 30, 2017
Sweden
Sony just bought a studio dedicated to PC ports. Nixxes isn't doing Uncharted 4 + Lost Legacy, so they're probably doing some of the other ones. Horizon Forbidden West is already on an engine that was adapted for PC for Horizon Zero Dawn. Returnal is in UE4. I don't think these are going to be that far out. I except God of War will be before Ragnarok. Ghost will probably be soon as well. HFW will probably be a year after it releases. GT7 needs to release as early as possible since those games get delisted a few years after and licenses are temporary. I don't think it'll take that long for that list to be complete on PlayStation side.

I'm sure Sony can port their games in reasonable time. I was more getting at how their PC push is moving at a glacial pace.

Dec 23, 2017
Yeah that's what I'm referring to. It's been on Steam for a while and I'm not sure how much of an upgrade the dual pack gave the games on consoles

Yeah, I'm derping right now. I have Vanquish on Steam, and wrote about it a few times.

It's most likely an old entry...though I wouldn't mind a new remaster with RTX support and other things. ;)

Mar 23, 2018
Just gonna say that there are titles here which I can second hand say "yeah that is coming".
This list looks rather legit IMO.

Nice. From the list, which one makes you feel the most dubious about?

Do you think Mario is more of an AMD guy or Nvidia guy? Then again, his wardrobe is mostly red although he's running on the green team's hardware, so one could say he's kind of a team player.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
FWIW this could be why GeForce Now has these games in a DB:

Enabling Internal Testers
You will obviously need to test your application yourself before release and you may have other employees that you wish to grant access to help test. The best way to enable these employees to test is by adding them to your Steamworks account. By default, the first user created in a Steamworks account is granted administrative permissions and access to the default application being worked on. That user can then add more users to help develop and test the application. You can read more about adding new users in Managing Your Steamworks Account.

Additionally, you can request keys for a package that will grant immediate access to your application. To learn more about the different types of packages and requesting keys, please see Packages.

Employees of publishers who have access to games currently being tested via deployment to Steam, might be using GeForce Now.

Essentially Steam has built in "closed betas" for employees of companies.

Particularly in the COVID world I could see this being used on something like GeForce Now quite a bit. Those games get installed on nVidia's machines, end up in an nVidia DB maybe?