Xseed Posts Teaser for Upcoming Titles

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Crimson, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Crimson

Crimson Member Original Poster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Xseed have posted this image on twitter, alongside their announced 2018 lineup, there are three silhouettes for unknown titles. Xseed has done similar teases for their upcoming titles in the past.

The far right image is Senran Kagura Burst Renewal, as found by banballow on the Xseed forums. As far as I know the other two haven't been solved yet. The middle image is English Detective Mysteria as found by Saphirax. The final image is Ys Memories of Celceta, so presumably a PC port, as found by Dio Over Heaven.

They should match up exactly to official artworks, and I'm pretty sure neither of them are Trails to Zero or Cold Steel 3 :P or at least none of the art I've tried matches up.

2. Lord of Ostia

Lord of Ostia Member

I love this game! No idea what the games they are teasing are though, but I'm sure people here will figure it out.

3. TeenageFBI

TeenageFBI Member

Hopes crushed!

4. LuckyChamCham

LuckyChamCham Banned Member

Give me my senrans!

5. Chocobo Blade

Chocobo Blade Member

I still want to believe it's Zero

6. Jom

Jom Member

They all look like zero and ao no kiseki to me.

7. Avalon

Avalon Member

[​IMG]

Please.

It's not.

8. GhostTrick

GhostTrick Member

What is it ?

9. Avalon

Avalon Member

Shining Resonance Re:frain

10. Saphirax

Saphirax Member

[​IMG]

English Detective Mysteria.

11. Lord of Ostia

Lord of Ostia Member

Wow, sure does look like it. Wouldn't Atlus do that since it's a Sega property though?

12. Silky

Silky Member

LOCALIZE UPPERS GOD DAMN IT

13. Lord of Ostia

Lord of Ostia Member

PQube is the only hope for that

14. SaberVS7

SaberVS7 Member

Yes.

But no, because it's a Shining game. Yakuza and Valkyria might be firmly back to being localized, but we're about two decades behind on Shining localizations.

15. Avalon

Avalon Member

I think you got it. Seems like the type of thing they would publish, too.

16. asd202

asd202 Member

Need more Trails!!!!!

17. Heart_Attack

Heart_Attack Member

There goes my interest. It's probably another crappy animu game.

18. GhostTrick

GhostTrick Member

Seems like a risky thing to publish.

19. Saphirax

Saphirax Member

They were actually working on bringing the psp version of that game over but had to cancel it due to some issues. They also hinted that they’d be bringing over an otome game.

20. Avalon

Avalon Member

That's awfully dismissive for someone who's primary interest is in two "animu" games.

21. Curler

Curler Member

If I remember correctly, the translation was pretty much done. This is good news :)

22. Knurek

Knurek Member

Isn't the Doyle estate pretty litigious when it comes to using Holmes? At least that's why people keep saying DGS wasn't localized.

23. Saphirax

Saphirax Member

Yep, now the only question remains if they’ll just port the game to Steam. With how well otome has been doing for other companies, it’d be silly to skip the Vita port.

Don’t think it had anything to do with Holmes. Even if it did, it’d be easily remedied by altering his name slightly. Other games did that.

24. Curler

Curler Member

They've been doing Vita as long as another version like PS4 is made too. I would guess maybe Vita+Steam.

25. SteveWinwood

SteveWinwood Member

26. Yuri

Yuri Member

Wow, good job! That was a tough one.

27. StereoVSN

StereoVSN Member

It would be disappointing if we don’t get Cold Steel 3 next year. Cold Steel 3 already came out in Japan and having it be a 2019 game would be unfortunate.

28. Crimson

Crimson Member Original Poster

It's only certain stories that aren't in the public domain iirc.

29. Saphirax

Saphirax Member

Problem with EDM is that the original was published by Marvelous, while the Vita port wasn’t.

30. Eylos

Eylos Member

Falcom Meeting is this month isnt? Maybe the localization of CS3 announcement there?

31. deepFlaw

deepFlaw Member

Oh, huh, they’re finally bringing over some otoge? Good to see.

EDIT:
    How so? Vita otome games have apparently sold very well for Aksys.

32. Tibarn

Tibarn Member

Yes, unless they are having some licensing competition (please we won't need another embarassing Ys VIII scenario) i do think Kiseki is the saga that benefits Xseed the most, or at least the saga with more vocal fans.

EDM makes a lot of sense. It wouldn't surprise me if XSEED's been sitting on a complete translation for so long and just couldn't find time to work on it after the Doyle case closed. This really seems like the game Brittany @ XSEED says she's working on, especially if said game has someone with a funky accent like one she tweeted about.

I really wonder if Grand Knight History isn't out of the question at this point.

34. Palette Swap

Palette Swap Member

Yeah, EDM definitely sounds like Hatsuu’s mystery project.

I’m honestly not expecting anything Kiseki, as the most realistic Trails announcements we could hope for are Sen 3 or the PS4 ports of 1 and 2. It seems a bit early for either of these.

35. Curler

Curler Member

That's a name I haven't heard of in years. Would be nice to see it ported to PS4 to bring life back to it...

36. purseowner

purseowner Member

EDM wouldn't be Uppers, but I'd sure love it.

Actually it'd likely be dub only, wouldn't it? In which case - yikes, no thanks. Not for a VN.

37. NinjaJamil

NinjaJamil Member

Senran Kagura was a given, cause XSEED. Although not really excited for it given that from what has been seen it's essentially Estival Versus in different environments.

EDM sounds like a fun game, unfortunately otomes aren't my cup of tea.

I honestly can't think of anything with wings in recent years so I'm going to guess it's an oldie, Touhou perhaps.

Either way, not really that interested in anything but given what's coming out lately I can imagine XSEED's pickings are slim.

38. Yunyo

Yunyo Member

Nice work. Was bothering me for a while.

39. Shizuka

Shizuka Member

Also not the first time they’ve teased the game:

[​IMG]

40. atomsk eater

atomsk eater Member

OMG yes please shower me with otoge.

41. deepFlaw

deepFlaw Member

Oh, gosh, I didn’t think about that.

I’m fine with English language VA in OELVNs, but here... Not going to be very appealing.

They would need to get the rights, make a PC version (I don't think they ever made a console version by themselves yet) and put some money towards online features... It won't happen.

I think it's specifically six or so of the last stories that are not in public domain everywhere. As long as you don't reference those, you're golden.

44. Kresnik

Kresnik Member

Looks like you got it!

While I'm sure a PC port would be on the cards and that's fine, I suspect you're right and they'll skip the Vita version of this which would be an absolute bummer if true. Especially since the otome market seems to be thriving there (plus it's my favourite place to play VN's atm).

OT: Anyone got the third teaser yet?

45. Tohsaka

Tohsaka Member

XSEED has Japanese voices in some games, (some don't even have dubs like Corpse Party, Senran Kagura etc.) and I can't see them paying for a full dub of a VN which likely won't sell very well in the first place.

46. Chacranajxy

Chacranajxy Member

Okay, so which one of these is a Brandish PSP PC port?

47. Ladioss

Ladioss Member

I'm always down for a new Senran Kagura game.

48. CrichtonKicks

CrichtonKicks Member

I think there is so much concern in the Western Kiseki community over who will get to do CS3 that it would behoove XSeed to make the announcement as early as possible even if they aren't ready to announce a launch timeframe.

49. Pringles

Pringles Member

Is Burst Renewal the Senran Kagura remake? That image on the left reminds me of Remilia from Touhou, but it's probably something else.

I don't expect CSIII announcement until Hatsuu is done with her mystery project, but I'm guessing they'll bring over the PS4 versions of CSI and II after it's released in Japan.

50. NEE HEE HEE

NEE HEE HEE Member

Burst was a great game with great characters and a nice plot. I'll definitely buy renewal.