• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which reveal was better?

• Ps5 magazine article

Votes: 38 24.8%
  • XSX VGA trailer

Votes: 115 75.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
now that both companies have shared concrete details on their next gen boxes I want to know who did it better

Sony with their magazine article detailing some key next gen features

or

Microsoft going ok stage at the game awards and dropping a hype trailer

Both have pros and cons imo

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Sex, without a doubt, beats the hell out of that wired article and was a genuine surprise

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
PS5 articles gave us some great information, while I felt the XSX didn't give us much other than a trailer showing it's design without much information on the system.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
That really wasn't a 'PS5' reveal which makes this thread pretty much not worth discussing. However, after January/February, probably this discussion will be worth having. When you say 'reveal' I think of showing off the console etc, the same way the XSEX was shown off at The Game Awards.

OP
OP
Troll

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
That really wasn't a 'PS5' reveal which makes this thread pretty much not worth discussing. However, after January/February, probably this discussion will be worth having. When you say 'reveal' I think of showing off the console etc, the same way the XSEX was shown off at The Game Awards.

I think it speaks to the strategy of each company.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think I prefer the PS5 technique. We got a decent insight into their plans but we'll still have a reveal event next year.
Best of both worlds.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
xbox series x, definitely. but of course it's easier to generate hype on a huge stage, and with an amazing trailer of a next gen game compared to some articles. sony still hasn't properly revealed their console yet so it's an unfair comparison.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Of course the xbox reveal, the ps5 info drop wasn't even a reveal, I think we should revisit this after they both do their full reveals

OP
OP
Troll

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
It's literally the PS5 reveal because that was the first place Sony acknowledged the name of the console.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I think it speaks to the strategy of each company.

Then we're talking about the strategy, not the reveal. A reveal is the equivalent to a PS4 Pro Meeting, PS4 Meeting, XSEX's reveal trailer and what not. Microsoft revealed information in articles/interviews the same way Sony did with the PS5 info except.. they did it after showing off the console. So I don't think this is a fair discussion considering we haven't seen how Sony reveals the PS5.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
PS5 wasnt fully revealed yet, only announced.
Sony will have their reveal event hopefully soon.

Oct 27, 2017
There's no reveal that I'm aware of. Unless you show the actual console running the games and you have an event just for that, showing a sweet reel of a bunch of next gen games and media having hands on impressions you can't call it a "reveal".

We've just seen a picture of an Xbox , two trailers and the specs of the PS5. Call me next June when they go all in on E3.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
Both are terrible. Show me the console design, controller, specs, price and launch titles in one go when you're ready. Whatever is this dripfeed of hype?

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
PS5 did not have an unveiling yet, so hold your horses till Feb 2020 before desperately crowning xbox.

OP
OP
Troll

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
But they announced the name and talked about features in the wired article so that is considered a reveal
giphy.gif

I remember there was a lot of talk about how genius it was (the ps5 reveal)

Mike Armbrust

Oct 25, 2017
The Wired article for the PS5 was weird.

Why are you not comparing it and the Project Scarlett reveal? Those announcements seem much more comparable to me.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
lmao we barely know anything about either console. there's a lot of hustle on the Xbox side lately, take it easy boys

GTVision

Oct 28, 2017
But they announced the name and talked about features in the wired article so that is considered a reveal
In that case the article should be compared to either the Microsoft E3 press conference of 2018 (where they announced Scarlett) or the one from this year where they talked about it's features. Showing the console is something Sony didn't do yet, so it's kind of a weird comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.