• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KingFrost92

Oct 26, 2017
Oregon
http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...9/xxxtentacion-quit-music-instagram-statement

The career of embattled rapper XXXTentacion continues to take more unexpected turns after he announced on Friday (Oct. 27) that he was through with making music.

In an Instagram story, X appeared dejected by his ups and down in the music industry and said that due to the "hate," he's announcing his retirement. "Sad to announce I will not be making or releasing any music," he wrote. "I am tired of being mentally abused for trying to help people, I am tired of the hate, I'm done."

More at the link.

All I can say is "good." I know lots gave this guy deserved hate, and I'm not a fan of him at all. Glad he's out. There's way better artists out there sending the exact same message about depression that aren't as awful of people. Everything he's said has felt entirely invalidated by his actions.

See ya!

Lateralus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
My kid loves him...and I hate it.
But, I get it, he's 16 and its 'hot' with the little "Hype Beast" white boys lol
I just had to shell out $125 for some of his "Revenge" clothing for my sons 16th. That shit is like Supreme, it drops rando and increases in value.
I got him the "XXX jail" shirt and hoody over the summer, both have went up in resale double or more.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
But, I get it, he's 16 and its 'hot' with the little "Hype Beast" white boys lol
I just had to shell out $125 for some of his "Revenge" clothing for my sons 16th. That shit is like Supreme, it drops rando and increases in value.
I got him the "XXX jail" shirt and hoody over the summer, both have went up in resale double or more.

Everything here is blowing my mind.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

xxxtentacion merchandise is really the only sane investment in this economy tbh.

OP
OP
KingFrost92

KingFrost92

Oct 26, 2017
Oregon
Yeah this is sourced on an Instagram post but it's really making the rounds on Twitter. It's not legally official yet (I guess he signed a deal this week?) but I can hope. His attitude is poisonous.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped listening to his music, despite liking some of his sound and the vibe of it, after I learned more about him. This guy is a horrible person and it doesn't seem like he has anyone around him that care about bettering him. Also thanks for that shoutout Kendrick.

LionPride are you okay?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Real cute this shit head is complaining about abuse and mental anguish. Fuck off.

Barry Bonds

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But what does Kendrick "I haven't put out a good album in five years" Lamar think??????????????????????

Oct 27, 2017
He'll be back. Hopefully after learning some hard lessons and understanding part of why people were hating on him. The man has written some really messed up things about people.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I thought that he just signed a multi million dollar deal with a label?

Edit: Looks like he "terminated his deal" yesterday lol. Less then a week after signing it.

Namaste

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is just a cry for attention but it would be best for everyone if he retired from public life.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When the abuse stuff went viral he seems to have faded out. I don't know how much this is him "quitting bc hate" as much as the labels don't want shit to do with him right now. He seems to have been dropped from 88risings stuff entirely after that, and he used to pop up here and there before that.

edit: And this is good. fuck him

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
Dude is a rising star with the young ones, doubt he'd leave all that and give up the cash flow.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know much about this guy but I know enough to know he's a piece of shit.

Made me a little disgusted when I saw his name on a song in the charts.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mental abuse, cries the man who beat his pregnant GF till she brusied. He's a garbage excuse for a human being. Glad he's quitting. (Probably a little stunt though).

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I don't blame him. The music industry (or rap especially) is terrible. Though it's gold how he is complaining about the way he's being treated

Last edited:

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
qJFr0qe.jpg