• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
https://variety.com/2019/music/news...in-memoriam-rejected-not-included-1203135446/

XXXTentacion, who was shot to death in June 2018, was rejected from the Grammys' in memoriam segment on Sunday night. According to a source, representatives for the late rapper requested repeatedly that the Recording Academy recognize the artist, whose "Sad!" was one of the most consumed songs of 2018. But because of the rapper's history of domestic violence, the show opted not to include him alongside such acts as Avicii and Mac Miller.

This is causing a pretty big stir on social media as xxx was one of the highest profile artists who died last year. How do you feel about this?

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
https://variety.com/2019/music/news...in-memoriam-rejected-not-included-1203135446/

XXXTentacion, who was shot to death in June 2018, was rejected from the Grammys' in memoriam segment on Sunday night. According to a source, representatives for the late rapper requested repeatedly that the Recording Academy recognize the artist, whose "Sad!" was one of the most consumed songs of 2018. But because of the rapper's history of domestic violence, the show opted not to include him alongside such acts as Avicii and Mac Miller.

This is causing a pretty big stir on social media as xxx was one of the highest profile artists who died last year. How do you feel about this?

why don't you tell us how you feel about it?

slabrock

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Weren't the Grammy's focused on female artists this year? Yeah, would've been a bad look.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm I see how ResetEra is. Pathetic

Posting disgusting comments as if the guy forcefully put a sharp object up a woman's vagina to harm her, or something..

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
W☥ke twitter will be up in arms framing this as an attack on the black community while the rest of woke twitter will rightfully point out that he regularly and violently attacked women in the black community.

The cycle goes on and on.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Thnk u, nxt

Apparently his music was really good? No idea, probably never listening to it.

nah, not particularly. SAD is a catchy song and jocelyn flores is remarkably depressing but besides that... you didn't really miss anything.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
W☥ke twitter will be up in arms framing this as an attack on the black community while the rest of woke twitter will rightfully point out that he regularly and violently attacked women in the black community.

The cycle goes on and on.
👆

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I listened to him for a while. I didn't read anything about him personally, why the incredible hate towards him?

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I think he received exactly the kind of send-off that he deserved, did you have other feelings on the matter?

NewDonkStrong

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Plenty of people that are burning in hell, like him, have been memorialized before, but I get why they didn't show him.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Did pedophile David Bowie make it?

X was a piece of shit and I don't listen to his music, but Spotify already tried this selective banning and it doesn't work

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Did pedophile David Bowie make it?

X was a piece of shit, but Spotify already tried this selective banning and it didnt work

I'm not about to defend groupie culture, but this guy was another level of awful.

I put my source of happiness in another person, which was a mistake initially, right? But she fell through on every occasion until now. Until I started fucking her up bruh. I started fucking her up because she made one mistake. And from there, the whole cycle went down. Now she's scared. That girl is scared for her life. Which I understand." [...] "I will kill that bitch if she play with me."

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
What I find interesting about ERA is it very much seems to be a place that believes in rehabilitation when it comes to prison and the justice system but it does not extend that to offenders once they've left prison. I'm not defending X and he was a horrible person who did horrible things to women and I feel he was rightfully left off of the Memoriam, however, I've found this to be the case with this forum and it strikes me as odd.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Woulda thought X was Hitler based on some of these comments, jesus christ.

Yeah, I mean, seriously. All he did was

slapping a woman he just met for complimenting a friend of hers:
He slapped her and broke her iPhone 6S, because she had complimented a male friend on his new jewelry.

make her choose which barbecue instrument he could stick in her vagina
Later that day, XXXTentacion left the room and returned with two grilling implements—a "barbecue pitchfork" and a "barbecue cleaner," she said—and told her to pick between them, because he was going to put one of them in her vagina. She chose the fork. He told her to undress. He was lightly dragging the tool against her inner thigh when she passed out. He did not penetrate her with it.

threaten to kill his girlfriend every day
When asked during the deposition to "pinpoint the days he threatened to kill you," the reported victim responded, "Well, when we lived in Orlando, it was literally like every day."

...all of this...

When XXXTentacion returned inside, he told her, "You need to tell me the truth right now or I'll kill you and this jit." She said that "jit" was slang for the unborn child.He then started elbowing, head-butting, and punching her. He strangled her until she almost passed out. He took her to the bathroom and demanded one last time that she tell him everything or he would kill her in the bathtub. She couldn't even recognize her face in the mirror—it looked "distorted"—and her left eye was completely shut and "leaking blood." She was losing vision. She vomited.

and much more!

But hey. At least he didn't try to eradicate all Jews on the planet! I mean, jesus guys, get some perspective, y'all are really hard on X.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
What I find interesting about ERA is it very much seems to be a place that believes in rehabilitation when it comes to prison and the justice system but it does not extend that to offenders once they've left prison. I'm not defending X and he was a horrible person who did horrible things to women and I feel he was rightfully left off of the Memoriam, however, I've found this to be the case with this forum and it strikes me as odd.
Lmao

Imagine being the dude who concern trolls this passive aggressively about a habitual violent assailant of women

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017

I mean, he didn't rehabilitate or change or even go on trial for what he did, but we've got his words on tape to go by.

I think most people are willing to let someone improve as a person. And maybe if he had lived longer he would have done that. But, that's not what happened. He didn't just abuse his ex-girlfriend, he knowingly did it to emotionally manipulate her and put her in fear for her life. His words.