• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MindofKB

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Good ol Grammys being selective as hell.

If you're going to exclude him for domestic violence, exclude everyone arrested for domestic violence.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
i hate him and I felt nothing when he died but I didn't want to make this thread messy

thanks. i figured this was the answer but i think you should have communicated it in the OP because of...
W☥ke twitter will be up in arms framing this as an attack on the black community while the rest of woke twitter will rightfully point out that he regularly and violently attacked women in the black community.

The cycle goes on and on.

...stuff like this.

Good ol Grammys being selective as hell.

If you're going to exclude him for domestic violence, exclude everyone arrested for domestic violence.

oh boy

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
What I find interesting about ERA is it very much seems to be a place that believes in rehabilitation when it comes to prison and the justice system but it does not extend that to offenders once they've left prison. I'm not defending X and he was a horrible person who did horrible things to women and I feel he was rightfully left off of the Memoriam, however, I've found this to be the case with this forum and it strikes me as odd.
I believe in rehabilitation and forgiveness but no one is owed a memorial, especially when they've done things in life I wouldn't want to congratulate.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
What I find interesting about ERA is it very much seems to be a place that believes in rehabilitation when it comes to prison and the justice system but it does not extend that to offenders once they've left prison. I'm not defending X and he was a horrible person who did horrible things to women and I feel he was rightfully left off of the Memoriam, however, I've found this to be the case with this forum and it strikes me as odd.
Pretty much and agree with being left off. A lot of pathetic comments on here. Dude did bad things and died young and never had the opportunity to turn his life around. I don't know the man and won't judge him I'll leave that to a higher being if there is one.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I mean, he didn't rehabilitate or change or even go on trial for what he did, but we've got his words on tape to go by.

I think most people are willing to let someone improve as a person. And maybe if he had lived longer he would have done that. But, that's not what happened. He didn't just abuse his ex-girlfriend, he knowingly did it to emotionally manipulate her and put her in fear for her life. His words.
I know what he did and I agree he was a terrible person and rightfully deserves whatever hate he gets, I won't defend his actions at all.

I believe in rehabilitation and forgiveness but no one is owed a memorial, especially when they've done things in life I wouldn't want to congratulate.

I agree, the Grammy's made the right call for sure.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I know what he did and I agree he was a terrible person and rightfully deserves whatever hate he gets, I won't defend his actions at all.

Then why did you chose this thread to voice a concern that has absolutely nothing to do with what happened here?

Lol at the high and mighty posts here.

Seriously, the one who never threatened to kill his pregnant girlfriend before punching, ellbowing and strangling here may throw the first stone! Hypocrites. Who hasn't done this, like, once at least?

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't give a shit. He doesn't deserve accolades. Dying doesn't add respect points to his story.

Lol at the high and mighty posts here.

Are you one of those kinds of people who look the other way when music slaps? Those people make the world a worse place.

Using weasel words doesn't suddenly make your defense of someone not a defense of someone.

Sidebuster

Oct 26, 2017
California
I would love nothing more than to have bad people turn their lives around for good. But you're not going to see me shed a tear or feel emotion when somebody dies before they get a chance.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
The thing is he never made any signs of rehabilitation before his passing. He made a public show of it, but then the feds released him bragging about the abuse on a taped conversation.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
lmfao

XXXtinct had his chance to be a better person while he was alive (honestly that's being charitable of me, he had multiple chances). He chose not to, and outright admitted to intentionally doing what he did. Now I'm supposed to feel sorry for him just because he happens to be a Dead piece of shit. Nah

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I perhaps would care more if I think that he had released a body of work worthy of praise.

striderno9

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
New York, NY
Not a fan, he seemed like a terrible person, but obviously also very troubled. I wont miss him but some of ya are hoping it burns in hell, geez.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017

Era isn't a single entity or some sort of religious/activist organization, it's a community of people with various opinions.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
getting real sick of your ye slander andrew

200.gif

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck XXX.

In a vacuum, it is a shame he died young because he wasn't able to prove his redemption. But, the sheer amount of anger, hate, and violence he not only perpetrated but also encouraged his fans to commit make him irredeemable in my eyes. The other thing is, I don't see his acts of redemption during his last couple months as his own doing. I think his label, who had a $6 million contract with him, started rehabilitating his image to avoid the stench of rewarding a domestic abuser and a homophobe.

I don't think that you deserve a second chance if you beat a woman that savagely and sexually abuse her in that many horrifying ways.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
He was POS but ya know, didn't deserve to die.

None of us do, then, but we all do, so....?

He put a lot of awful things into the world, and he got them back, and that's the end of the story. Not sure what there is to sympathize with. Thousands of much better people will die today without deserving it and their names aren't here because they're not "famous". His story is not a tragedy. It's a cautionary tale.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck XXX.

In a vacuum, it is a shame he died young because he wasn't able to prove his redemption. But, the sheer amount of anger, hate, and violence he not only perpetrated but also encouraged his fans to commit make him irredeemable in my eyes. The other thing is, I don't see his acts of redemption during his last couple months as his own doing. I think his label, who had a $6 million contract with him, started rehabilitating his image to avoid the stench of rewarding a domestic abuser and a homophobe.

I don't think that you deserve a second chance if you beat a woman that savagely and sexually abuse her in that many horrifying ways.
he influenced his fans to act violently/misbehave like he did?

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the domestic abuse is true, it's the right decision. People like that should not be celebrated at all

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017

Just because someone goes to jail, it doesn't mean they're getting rehabilitation, they're usually just serving time.

How many programs was he put into regarding preventing domestic violence or treating women with respect? Did he make any effort to show he had changed? Any donations to battered women's shelters? Going to prison and rehab can be mutually exclusive.

Ogami Itto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck you if you are a fan of his and defend him, you fuckers can eat my asshole. Also, fuck yeah you can judge him if you are not a piece of shit like him.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
he influenced his fans to act violently/misbehave like he did?
His ex went to his memorial and left gifts.

His fans promptly destroyed them.

That isn't even to mention the doxxing and harassment she's been subject to. She had to quit her job since X's fans were harassing her and showing up to her place of work.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
kids absolutely adore this dude's music. He really resonated with so many people. Its not surprising that theyd be upset. Im guessing most who are upset are young fans

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
This dude bragged about nearly killing a gay person. He doesn't deserve the canonisation of an in memoriam.

Mido

Oct 27, 2017
Not going to pat them on the back for it when Chris Brown still gets invited.

Deleted member 225

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Artistically he was never great. There were moments in music that showed promise, but he never put out anything that really mattered artistically. He never really had a chance to. I think if he had lived he could have, but he didn't. He also did some pretty disgusting things in his short life. With that being said I have no problems with the Grammys not acknowledging him. To be acknowledged you have to do something to be acknowledged for, outside of being a violent person towards women.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Now I just wish Spotify would stop including him on curated hip-hop playlists.

Tagesreste

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone defending him here is high key defending the fact that he also assaulted a gay man in prison because he was gay. But whatever, not a problem right?

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
kids absolutely adore this dude's music. He really resonated with so many people. Its not surprising that theyd be upset. Im guessing most who are upset are young fans
And that's why it's frustrating that he died. He didn't face the consequences and showed everyone what happens when you act that way. We're currently seeing 6ix9ine fans slowly turn their back on him as he's getting exposed in court.