• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What I find interesting about ERA is it very much seems to be a place that believes in rehabilitation when it comes to prison and the justice system but it does not extend that to offenders once they've left prison. I'm not defending X and he was a horrible person who did horrible things to women and I feel he was rightfully left off of the Memoriam, however, I've found this to be the case with this forum and it strikes me as odd.
He didn't rehabilitate or change, and certainly didn't stand trial for quite a few of the many terrible things he has done. What a dumb post.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Then why did you chose this thread to voice a concern that has absolutely nothing to do with what happened here?

Seriously, the one who never threatened to kill his pregnant girlfriend before punching, ellbowing and strangling here may throw the first stone! Hypocrites. Who hasn't done this, like, once at least?
I use this thread because I have a 12 year old nephew who was/is a very big fan of X. My nephew is a kid who has suffered from bullying and harassment and he has told me how X has helped him get through school and helped his deal with his depression. Before he told me all of this I had this conversation with him regarding how he is considered a bad person by most people, to which his response was "so if someone does something bad then they are bad forever?" which I responded explained well that people can change over time but it's still doesn't change what they've done to which he responded "Well since X is dead he will always be bad person, that doesn't seem fair" to which I didn't really know what to say without crushing him.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Did pedophile David Bowie make it?

You are interesting fellow if you are going to compare David Bowie - who infinitely regretted who he was in the early to mid 70s and became a better person for the other two thirds of his life according to all accounts - to a psychopath that did an infinite amount of disgusting things.

David "dont include my videos in MTV if you dont include more black artists" Bowie? David "makes fun of fascism in multiple albums" Bowie? Come on.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
You are interesting fellow if you are going to compare David Bowie - who infinitely regretted who he was in the early to mid 70s and became a better person for the other two thirds of his life according to all accounts - to a psychopath that did an infinite amount of disgusting things.

David "dont include my videos in MTV if you dont include more black artists" Bowie? David "makes fun of fascism in multiple albums" Bowie? Come on.

David Bowie had the lifespan and the opportunity to become better. Guess which black male didn't?

I'm glad David regrets sleeping with underaged girls.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I use this thread because I have a 12 year old nephew who was/is a very big fan of X. My nephew is a kid who has suffered from bullying and harassment and he has told me how X has helped him get through school and helped his deal with his depression. Before he told me all of this I had this conversation with him regarding how he is considered a bad person by most people, to which his response was "so if someone does something bad then they are bad forever?" which I responded explained well that people can change over time but it's still doesn't change what they've done to which he responded "Well since X is dead he will always be bad person, that doesn't seem fair" to which I didn't really know what to say without crushing him.

I hesitate to respond to this because I don't like telling people how to conduct their family business but, if he's 12 and on the cusp of High School... it's time to educate him on not lionizing people who have done heinous things. Better to tell him the truth and steer him towards betterr , more positive outlets and role models to help him cope than to have him going on thinking XXX was some sort of tragic martyr of any sort.

David Bowie had the lifespan and the opportunity to become better. Guess which black male didn't?

I'm glad David regrets sleeping with underaged girls.

Why does it matter that he was black...? I'd say fuck him regardless. XXX reaped what he sowed, but keep trying to guilt people over not shedding a tear for him.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Maybe you should actually walk through what X did and maybe explain the complexities of human beings

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Pretty much and agree with being left off. A lot of pathetic comments on here. Dude did bad things and died young and never had the opportunity to turn his life around. I don't know the man and won't judge him I'll leave that to a higher being if there is one.
I believe in a higher being but he's had chances to rehabilitate and chose not to. And even mocked it all in secret. He died. And he didn't repent of it.

Because of his choices his chance to die young increased tenfold. He was called out and he was repeatedly told to change. He didn't. And if there is a higher being up there, well, he's going to wish he did. Because then at least he would have died changing for the better.

I believe in repentance. But repentance requires action. And a desire to do your ABSOLUTE best to never ever do the sin again.

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember my ex saying she is a fan of xxx, Thats when i was in total cringe you can clearly see why she is my ex now.

Joking aside she turned out to be quite the crazy person thats why it ended.

That all aside no forgiveness for that kind of abuse.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Hmmm, if he had to gone to jail for his crimes and was released would they have given him a spot then?

How many people nominated or invited to the Grammys have done something fucked up? I agree dude was a POS but he didn't deserve to die for it.

Maybe he needed more time to change and be regretful of his action, maybe things coulda been different.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

David 'fucked children' Bowie.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Maybe you should actually walk through what X did and maybe explain the complexities of human beings

Yeah, this. Our teen is, well, a teen, but we're hoping we can get through to him about how 6ix9ine is where he is now he did because of the choices he made and that it's important not to idolize or try to take as example someone who's famous without considering the how and why they are famous. Actions have consequences and all that.

XXX's death can't be decoupled from the way he lived his life, and it's important to stress that to anyone who wants to take him as a role model.

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
Can't say I'm a fan of the person. The domestic abuse stories seemed really fucked up. I actually ended up listening to him by accident a couple of weeks ago. I really like his song Moonlight, Sad!, and Bad!

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
David 'fucked children' Bowie.
Im not saying that Bowie isnt a pedophile and Im not saying that you have to even stand him for his mistakes. I know people that find his actions unforgiveable.

You can probably understand why I think that comparing him to XXX is bullshit.

XXX was a crazed sexist that hurt women on a physical and psychological level. He had a history of violence and multiple disgusting actions. Comparing him to a man that felt regretful for what he did in his past and (according to most) improved to become a genuinely good person is stupid and overgeneralizing.

Also, keep in mind that Lori Maddox (the main person who we know Bowie r**ed) doesnt see the situation as such and doesnt seem to hold any grudge against David. Its an annecdotal comment but its worth sharing nonetheless. I would struggle to find anyone saying "oh XXX was a great guy and that time he slapped me and broke my phone was just a funny joke".

Even with all of this, if David Bowie was taken off the grammy memorial reel for the groupie shit I wouldnt be mad. I understand that position.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I agree with the twelve year old, so unfair that Hitler will always be thought of as a bad guy.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is what he did to his pregnant Girlfriend:
ayala_2.jpg

I hope he's burning in hell.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017

Listen man, I sympathise, I really do. But the dude your 12 year old nephew loves is not only a serial abuser of women, he was proud of it and he boasted about it. He didn't try to change, he didn't try to repent, he didn't try to make amends. He beat, abused, strangled and hurt women who trusted him. And, again: He bragged about it.

This could be a very good chance to explain your nephew that not everything is easily fixable by saying "I'm sorry". That there are things that aren't fixable and that you would have to show year long and incredible effort to even come close for people to forgive you. And even then you have no right to expect them to. And, most importantly in this case: That this man showed absolutely zero willingness to do so. That he can still enjoy the music and appreciate the music for how it helped them - but also be aware of the fact that the man behind the music himself is the worst kind of bully there is.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Do the Grammys typically leave shitty artists out of the in memorium sections? Or just this guy?

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Good, sucks that he died but he wasn't a good person and shouldn't be commemorated as such

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how many white scumba... oh, i see there's already a pedo defense force for a white guy.

and i don't even care for XXX but the racial bent on this is just like when Spotify decided to punish bad people, but only the Black ones.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Listen man, I sympathise, I really do. But the dude your 12 year old nephew loves is not only a serial abuser of women, he was proud of it and he boasted about it. He didn't try to change, he didn't try to repent, he didn't try to make amends. He beat, abused, strangled and hurt women who trusted him. And, again: He bragged about it.

This could be a very good chance to explain your nephew that not everything is easily fixable by saying "I'm sorry". That there are things that aren't fixable and that you would have to show year long and incredible effort to even come close for people to forgive you. And even then you have no right to expect them to. And, most importantly in this case: That this man showed absolutely zero willingness to do so. That he can still enjoy the music and appreciate the music for how it helped them - but also be aware of the fact that the man behind the music himself is the worst kind of bully there is.
This is what I plan to do over time but as of now it's something that i'll have let him have until he is better equipped to handle the situation.
People can troll my post but i've had to think about this quite a bit and it relates in many ways to rehabilitation and the justice system without going into too much detail.

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how many white scumba... oh, i see there's already a pedo defense force for a white guy.

and i don't even care for XXX but the racial bent on this is just like when Spotify decided to punish bad people, but only the Black ones.
How many white scumbags made the list he was excluded from then?

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
This is what I plan to do over time but as of now it's something that i'll have let him have until he is better equipped to handle the situation.
People can troll my post but i've had to think about this quite a bit and it relates in many ways to rehabilitation and the justice system without going into too much detail.

Yeah, all good, you are more than equipped to deal with the situation and I didn't want to come off as all-knowing while completely ignorant of your actual situation. Wish you the best!

I do still think that making this situation especially - a man who never showed any signs of regrets or willingness to change, let alone rehabilitate (and who's crimes didn't even go to trial yet) - about that isn't really constructive or helpful. I personally do think that prison sentences in the United States are often completely ridicolous in their length and that the way their justice system is more often focused on revenge rather than rehabilitation is utterly counter-productive. I just don't think that this man is a good example to use as a jumping off point for this discussion.

ScandiNavy

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Norway
What I find interesting about ERA is it very much seems to be a place that believes in rehabilitation when it comes to prison and the justice system but it does not extend that to offenders once they've left prison. I'm not defending X and he was a horrible person who did horrible things to women and I feel he was rightfully left off of the Memoriam, however, I've found this to be the case with this forum and it strikes me as odd.
Such a dishonest post.
First, Era has many opinions about rehabilitation. The last thread was loaded with lock them up an throw away the key posts.
Second, your whole standpoint falls on itself, seeing how this X dude wasn't close to be in a rehabilitation scenario to begin with.

My gues is that you're arguing in bad faith, and/or just want to stir shit up.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
How'd this turn into a race issue, peeps? He tortured his girlfriend, both physically and mentally. He deserves nothing but the worst the afterlife can give him, if it exists. Doesn't matter what color an abuser is.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I know a lot of people that typically stand for women's issues and social justice that also unabashedly love this guy.

I don't understand it.
It really fucking bothers me after reading about what he's done to people. Beating your pregnant girlfriend and attempted murder of a girlfriend--- his actions have been documented and photographed.

Why do people deify him?

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
A POS like this gets left out and people make a twitter stink, Vinnie Paul is also left out and no mention?

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I have learned a lot reading this thread. I have heard about Tentacion, but never read about him or heard any of his songs. I assume he was a rapper? I don't listen to any rap songs other than some from Eminm, not really my type of music.

Did not know about what he did at all. Im speechless.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Come on, you can reply to me directly :)

Lets say something, If theres photographic evidence of you beating the shit out of your girlfriend, you deserve to get eliminated from any kind of memorial or celebration.

Does it sound fair to you? It sounds fair to me.