• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I've only seen this kid in Sacred Deer (but I could be forgetting a movie) and he definitely didn't have the energy for Yorick. That was more the script than anything else tho.

Wait and see!

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They'll have to tone it down as badly as TWD if they want this on basic cable, unless they finally throw off the yoke of advertiser minded self censorship.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
They'll have to tone it down as badly as TWD if they want this on basic cable, unless they finally throw off the yoke of advertiser minded self censorship.

FX has some pretty intense stuff. If they can show Sons of Anarchy with commercials this shouldn't be a problem.

Oct 27, 2017

I don't know why they would though, FX has been pretty straightforward with content, and I don't think they'd really have to tone down much in terms of violence or sex or anything.

It certainly won't be as neutered as something like Preacher had to be.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
She's credited in Captain Marvel but what character she's playing hasn't been revealed. She's got a few other acting credits and recurring roles outside of that Still Star-Crossed show, but none that I've heard of
  • Bulletproof
  • Brotherhood
  • Doctors
  • Crims
  • Silent Witness
  • Fast Girls
So she isn't new by any stretch, but either her or Barry perform poorly in their roles, this show will be terrible.

Pretty much every actor in Britain under 45 has done a guest stint on Doctors (a hospital-set soap opera) at some point, it's like a rite of passage.

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
'Y': Amber Tamblyn To Star In FX Drama Pilot Based On 'Y': The Last Man' Comic Book Series
Amber Tamblyn is set for a starring role in FX's Y drama pilot, based on the acclaimed post-apocalyptic science fiction DC comic book series Y: The Last Man. She joins Diane Lane, Barry Keoghan, Imogen Poots, Lashana Lynch, Juliana Canfield and Marin Ireland in the stellar ensemble cast.

Based on the DC Comics series by Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra, Y traverses a post-apocalyptic world in which a cataclysmic event has decimated every male mammal save for one lone human. The new world order of women will explore gender, race, class and survival.

Tamblyn will play Mariette Callows. Daughter of the President of the United States, Mariette has been groomed for a career in politics and to uphold her father's conservative values.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, I don't know if I've seen Amber Tamblyn in anything since Joan of Arcadia.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Aww

I finally finished the series earlier last year, and it's so damn good.

I did hate the casting for Yorrick tho.

Rip.

jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
It's selfish, but I'm not a fan of Barry Keohgan and my interest in this show deflated when I saw he was attached. Not too bummed by this.

Hopefully it actually gets made someday though, damn.

Yorrick seemed like such a miscast that I'm not too sad about this

Truth!

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
I still remember when Dan Tractemberg announced he was working on like 10 years ago.

Never getting made I guess.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
wow I'm glad I'm just hearing about this now or my disappointment would have been way worse lol

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Now the super weird choice for the Yorick makes me wonder if they went with a super weird direction rather than keep it similar to the comic.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I don't even know how you market a "Y: The Last Man" tv series in 2019 without it looking...off

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
cross post:

THR has a take on this:
FX's 'Y: The Last Man' Series Parting Ways With Showrunners
FX is still moving forward with its series adaptation of beloved comic book series Y: The Last Man — but not with the original showrunners. Aida Croal and Michael Green announced their exit in a statement on Twitter Monday evening.

THR has confirmed that the series is still moving forward at the network, with the same cast in place, but the hunt is now on to replace the duo who had shepherded the development and piloting of the project now just being dubbed Y. Sources say that the exit came after creative differences with the network over the course of the show.

So first American Gods, and now Y. Are we sure it was Fuller who doomed Gods and not Green?

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, well, that's good then.

But to your Fuller point, the guy does have a graveyard full of things that have his name on it.
It's not good. Green is a really talented writer and whatever will end up on screen will very likely not match the work that he and Croal put in.

'tis a joke.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
It's not good. Green is a really talented writer and whatever will end up on screen will very likely not match the work that he and Croal put in.

'tis a joke.
It's good that the show isn't dead, there's plenty of other talented people out there and FX has a pretty great track record. Without seeing the show in its current form I cannot say if it'll be good or not, who knows but I looked up Croal and the fact that she worked on Luke Cage and Jessica Jones doesn't instill too much confidence in me.

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, nice. Glad FX is sticking with it. Fingers crossed they find someone who's a good fit for the project moving forward.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
It's good that the show isn't dead, there's plenty of other talented people out there and FX has a pretty great track record. Without seeing the show in its current form I cannot say if it'll be good or not, who knows but I looked up Croal and the fact that she worked on Luke Cage and Jessica Jones doesn't instill too much confidence in me.
🤷‍♂️
This would be her first showrunning gig, and that's usually where you get to see a writer shine (or crash and burn).
Yep, her resume is weak and Michael Green has a ton of misses as well. This could end up being great for the show.
Kings, rats. he created Kings.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Never watched it. shrug emoji
tumblr_n475vcM38W1qc7skwo3_400.gif

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool

Fuck this sucks. FX been dragging their goddamn feet on this motherfucking project for goddamn ever. I met Hannah Beachler last year, the production designer for Ryan Coogler who did everything from Fruitvale Station to Black Panther with him, who just won an Oscar, and she was fucking stoked to work on this.

God damn. I'm butthurt about this one.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Lol, well for a sec I was gonna say fuck this...then I read that they're just changing showrunners.