• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_n475vcM38W1qc7skwo3_400.gif

who has time for broadcast network television

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Glad they're still moving forward with it, but the shakeup has me a little worried. Wondering who the new showrunners are going to be.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
The question is whether it was simply because the results were looking too bad so far, or whether they were good enough but it was just too controversial of a pilot.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Weird, I read that thread title as "Y: The Last Man Cancelled." The re-read the beginning and saw it was "Cast Unveiled"...then finished reading it and saw it was cancelled -_-

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Dammit rats. It was a good show. 😭
And it had Ian McShane!

Here is 1500 words on it from Daniel Feinberg, The 10th Anniversary of NBC's 'Kings' and the Death of the Ambitious Broadcast Drama.

I actually read that - it almost sold me on it, but like idk. I'd rather watch The Good Wife tbh. 🧚‍♂️

The question is whether it was simply because the results were looking too bad so far, or whether they were good enough but it was just too controversial of a pilot.

FX loves controversial stuff though, so unless Disney is starting to fuck with FX, I doubt it was that.

Weird, I read that thread title as "Y: The Last Man Cancelled." The re-read the beginning and saw it was "Cast Unveiled"...then finished reading it and saw it was cancelled -_-

Except it wasn't cancelled!

mozbar

Feb 20, 2018
I was really looking forward to watching this, and getting my SO into the world they created. Comics just don't stick with her.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
The shows she's done look decent enough, looking forward to see the direction she takes it.

SFenton

Nov 10, 2017
FX has not seriously disappointed me in a long time with any of their content, so I actually trust the direction they want to take the show over the showrunners right now. Does that mean the showrunners had a terrible idea or anything like that? No, but FX is one of the few networks (maybe the only one) that I'll give the benefit of the doubt to.

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
'Y': FX's Post-Apocalypytic Drama "Going Well" In Pre-Production Following Showrunner Change
FX has given a status update of its adaptation of DC Comics' Y: The Last Man by Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra.

John Landgraf, Chairman of FX Networks and FX Productions, said that the project was in pre-production. "We've seen five, six scripts. We haven't schedule it because it hasn't gone into production. We changed showrunners and did a big reboot on it. But that seems to be going well."

This comes after Eliza Clark replaced Aida Mashaka Croal and Michael Green as showrunner last year. The pair served as writers/EPs/showrunners on the pilot but exited over creative differences in April, two months after the pilot had been picked up to series.

The Diane Lane-fronted series traverses a post-apocalyptic world in which a cataclysmic event has decimated every male save for one lone human. The new world order of women will explore gender, race, class and survival. Barry Keoghan, Imogen Poots, Lashana Lynch, Juliana Canfield, Marin Ireland and Amber Tamblyn also star.

Clark, Jacobson and Brad Simpson of Color Force (Pose) and Vaughan executive produce. Melina Matsoukas (Insecure) directed the pilot episode and also serves as executive producer. Nellie Reed serves as Producer. FX Productions produces.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I don't think I can bear to watch this show. It's my favourite comic ever. I already endured a season of the abomination that was Preacher. I can't go through that again with this. Will wait till the end of the seaon and read the Era OT...maybe.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, "Diane Lane-fronted"? Sounds like York's mom is going to play a much, much bigger role than the comic. Do they have anyone cast for Doctor Allison Mann yet?

I think (hope) they're just using her name because she's the most recognizable person in the cast.

I don't think they've cast Allison yet.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
There have been so many set backs and stalls on this production at some point you have to wonder whether this show will ever see the light of day.

I'm surprised that no one has started a conspiracy theory that Disney brass don't want to make this series because the publishing rights to the original graphic novels belongs to DC and not Marvel.

In the age of the truly baffling Snyder Cut 'movement' it seems an easy sell.

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like the right move, but it'll be shocking if the show survives this much upheaval during development. Not impossible, but seems unlikely now.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
:( A shame. But not surprising.. very rare for a show to actually happen with so much development hell. But ya never know.. maybe some day. You'd have to think he would not be the only one they'll lose though as it represents a huge loss.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
this is shaping up to be quite the clusterfuck

Barry Keoghan was a great choice for Yorick

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I've said from the start he was completely wrong for the role. good news-but will we EVER see this series?

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
There have been so many set backs and stalls on this production at some point you have to wonder whether this show will ever see the light of day.

I'm surprised that no one has started a conspiracy theory that Disney brass don't want to make this series because the publishing rights to the original graphic novels belongs to DC and not Marvel.

In the age of the truly baffling Snyder Cut 'movement' it seems an easy sell.

I'm honestly shocked how difficult its been. This seems like such a slam dunk and it's insanely inexpensive considering you basically need no special effects. It's like the Walking Dead without even having to pay for the make up for zombies.

The IP is cursed, I been hearing about a Y live action version since the early 00s

Remember when Shia Leabouf was attached to a movie?