Yacht Club Games to announce publishing of a title at PAX East (Cyber Shadow?)

Oct 25, 2017
Mod edit:

via Email

PAX East is upon us!

2019 is shaping up to be a landmark year for the Shovel Knight franchise as Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove will be fully complete. The promises from our 2013 Kickstarter are finally being fulfilled! Playable demos of the latest titles in the series – due out later this year – will be on display at PAX:

Shovel Knight: King of Cards
Shovel Knight Showdown

But... wait... from the shadows… there’s something completely different in store:

You’ll definitely want to catch a glimpse and get a hands-on of this all-new addition to the Yacht Club Games Publisher catalog!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 25, 2017
YES. I was so worried the endless Shovel Knight DLC meant we'd have to wait even longer for their next game.

Nibel

Enfant terrible
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Mail in question:

PAX East is upon us!

2019 is shaping up to be a landmark year for the Shovel Knight franchise as Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove will be fully complete. The promises from our 2013 Kickstarter are finally being fulfilled! Playable demos of the latest titles in the series – due out later this year – will be on display at PAX:

Shovel Knight: King of Cards
Shovel Knight Showdown

But... wait... from the shadows… there’s something completely different in store:

You’ll definitely want to catch a glimpse and get a hands-on of this all-new addition to the Yacht Club Games Publisher catalog!
Different versions of the GIF/stills
https://imgur.com/a/7SlxoMS

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
EPIC GAME STORE EXCLUSIVE!

jk (please Yacht Club...)

I'm hyped. Probably logged more hours in Shovel Knight than my entire indie game collection. I wonder if they're moving to 3D, not that you'll hear any complaints from me if they stick to 2D.

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't there still one final Shovel Knight campaign left? Finish that first (so you can finally release a physical version for Switch with all the content)!!!

Super excited to see what this is, does that teaser fit into any of the "What kind of game should we make next?" poll they did a while ago, or was that just for laughs?

Edit: Ah, I see the update that they're just publishing this

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017
I cannot wait to see it! I am hoping for something great for them. I would actually adore seeing some sort of RPG from them. But a Super Shovel Knight would work as well. It really is hard to tell what that gif is. What it could be. It could be a gritty Shovel Knight re-imagining too.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Whatever YCG does, I'm in. I hope virt returns to composer the soundtrack.

Not surprised it has nothing to do with SK. Poor bastards must be fed up of that shit.

Oct 25, 2017
Yacht Club Games E-mail said:
all-new addition to the Yacht Club Games Publisher catalog!
Are they stressing the publisher part and not developer on purpose? Like are they not developing this game themselves?

Dec 28, 2017
Day 1 purchase

I loved Shovel Knight and thought Specter of Torment was even better.

Hyped for them to make a ninja game based on how fluid Specter Knight played

NVM, they're not developing it? Hype destroyed

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Whatever YCG does, I'm in. I hope virt returns to composer the soundtrack.

Not surprised it has nothing to do with SK. Poor bastards must be fed up of that shit.
I mean they spent almost a decade on that game and addons. It's an amazing package, but I'm fine with new titles for the next two or three games of their's.

Spyder_Monkey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super lame they still haven't actually made a new game yet. I understand they have Kickstarter goals to fulfill but still it's dissappointing they haven't been able to stretch their legs a bit.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Super lame they still haven't actually made a new game yet. I understand they have Kickstarter goals to fulfill but still it's dissappointing they haven't been able to stretch their legs a bit.
They're a small team, and they keep expanding on the campaigns beyond what they were initially.

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
aaaaw... was hyped for a bit

i still know cyber shadow and i'm waiting for it though, as well as STEEL ASSAULT! The guys who are doing it are linked to Cyber Shadow :

Last edited: