• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mod edit:

via Email

PAX East is upon us!

2019 is shaping up to be a landmark year for the Shovel Knight franchise as Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove will be fully complete. The promises from our 2013 Kickstarter are finally being fulfilled! Playable demos of the latest titles in the series – due out later this year – will be on display at PAX:

Shovel Knight: King of Cards
Shovel Knight Showdown

But... wait... from the shadows… there's something completely different in store:

rqD6aGn.gif

You'll definitely want to catch a glimpse and get a hands-on of this all-new addition to the Yacht Club Games Publisher catalog!

Last edited by a moderator:

Grif

Oct 25, 2017
YES. I was so worried the endless Shovel Knight DLC meant we'd have to wait even longer for their next game.

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Mail in question:

PAX East is upon us!

2019 is shaping up to be a landmark year for the Shovel Knight franchise as Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove will be fully complete. The promises from our 2013 Kickstarter are finally being fulfilled! Playable demos of the latest titles in the series – due out later this year – will be on display at PAX:

Shovel Knight: King of Cards
Shovel Knight Showdown

But... wait... from the shadows… there's something completely different in store:

rqD6aGn.gif

You'll definitely want to catch a glimpse and get a hands-on of this all-new addition to the Yacht Club Games Publisher catalog!

Different versions of the GIF/stills
https://imgur.com/a/7SlxoMS

ggdeku

Oct 26, 2017
I adore Shovel Knight, but ninja in a post-apocalyptic city is probably the most boring theme imaginable.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
EPIC GAME STORE EXCLUSIVE!

jk (please Yacht Club...)

I'm hyped. Probably logged more hours in Shovel Knight than my entire indie game collection. I wonder if they're moving to 3D, not that you'll hear any complaints from me if they stick to 2D.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I guess that means Shovel Knight is finally done. Can't wait to see this since I'll be there!

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't there still one final Shovel Knight campaign left? Finish that first (so you can finally release a physical version for Switch with all the content)!!!

Super excited to see what this is, does that teaser fit into any of the "What kind of game should we make next?" poll they did a while ago, or was that just for laughs?

Edit: Ah, I see the update that they're just publishing this

Last edited:

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
I cannot wait to see it! I am hoping for something great for them. I would actually adore seeing some sort of RPG from them. But a Super Shovel Knight would work as well. It really is hard to tell what that gif is. What it could be. It could be a gritty Shovel Knight re-imagining too.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Whatever YCG does, I'm in. I hope virt returns to composer the soundtrack.

Not surprised it has nothing to do with SK. Poor bastards must be fed up of that shit.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Day 1 purchase

I loved Shovel Knight and thought Specter of Torment was even better.

Hyped for them to make a ninja game based on how fluid Specter Knight played

NVM, they're not developing it? Hype destroyed

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Whatever YCG does, I'm in. I hope virt returns to composer the soundtrack.

Not surprised it has nothing to do with SK. Poor bastards must be fed up of that shit.
I mean they spent almost a decade on that game and addons. It's an amazing package, but I'm fine with new titles for the next two or three games of their's.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super lame they still haven't actually made a new game yet. I understand they have Kickstarter goals to fulfill but still it's dissappointing they haven't been able to stretch their legs a bit.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Yeah I read the "publisher catalog" part and thought that doesn't sound like something they would use if it was their game.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Super lame they still haven't actually made a new game yet. I understand they have Kickstarter goals to fulfill but still it's dissappointing they haven't been able to stretch their legs a bit.

They're a small team, and they keep expanding on the campaigns beyond what they were initially.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
aaaaw... was hyped for a bit

i still know cyber shadow and i'm waiting for it though, as well as STEEL ASSAULT! The guys who are doing it are linked to Cyber Shadow :

d3743bda40b1e6a1463347bf51e3a269_original.gif

aee7d7a7566dbbbbfb1b8c5c29ed3fd5_original.gif

2ef9454c2bc95750c1aae85c815d0e2d_original.gif

Last edited: