• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA

Yahoo News said:
When rapper A$AP Rocky was freed from detention in Sweden and returned to the United States earlier this month, it marked the end of a bizarre saga that at one point involved the president; his son-in-law, Jared Kushner; and the State Department's top hostage negotiator. Though President Trump's campaign to free Rocky appeared to end well, a behind-the-scenes battle provides a unique glimpse into the unusual characters and fraught tensions involved in Trump's outreach efforts to the black community.

According to new details provided by sources involved, Trump's role in pushing for Rocky's release started with a reality television megastar calling the West Wing, a mysterious entertainment industry "fixer" and two Trump supporters. The president's allies who connected Rocky's team with the White House hoped to facilitate a scene that would bolster Trump's image among African-Americans. Instead, they say they were left angry when Rocky failed to thank Trump or those around him.
More at the link.
Hilarious.

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017
source.gif

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
"Alright, now that we've nearly created an international incident to get you out, we need you to-"

tenor.gif

"......shit."

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cant stop laughing. This is legit hilarious.

Bet he is in the white house grumbling "the blacks are so ungrateful" and trying to figure out how to tweet that sentiment without being called a racist.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Thank Trump for what? Trump didn't help get him released/he was still found guilty.

Oct 30, 2017
Lanier: herd mentality in the Black community is bad

Also Lanier: this motherfucker better get with the program and say "thank you" to Godking Trump

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Good. It was very obviously a stunt to win support with people he hates.

Incoming tweet where Trump disparages ASAP Rocky in 3, 2, ....

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I cant stop laughing. This is legit hilarious.

Bet he is in the white house grumbling "the blacks are so ungrateful" and trying to figure out how to tweet that sentiment without being called a racist.
Being called a racist hasn't stopped him from doing and tweeting many other things so I doubt that's his concern.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao good on King Jodi Flacko or whatever nickname he has these days.

Unfortunately, prepare for the "ungrateful Blacks" tweetstorm next week.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Thank fuck for that because it would have been a really gross thing to go along with.

See? I'm not racist! I helped a rapper!

He's not pulling a Jay Z at least.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
And the best thing is that Trump pretty much made things worse by creating a public international incident with Sweden despite how Sweden was never going to acquiesce to Trump's demand anyway

And he still got found guilty and would have been released for time served anyway, so the fuck does he have to thank Trump for

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He wouldn't thank Trump even if he wanted to. Kanye's Trump support will completely ruin his 20 year legacy. He doesn't want that.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
"Many, many members of the African-American community have called me, friends of mine, and said, 'Could you help?'" Trump said. "So I personally don't know A$AP Rocky, but I can tell you he has a lot of support from the African-American community in this country."

I don't think any part of this is true, lol. Rocky isn't some pillar of the black community and I doubt he has many many friends in the black community.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
This is what, the second time he's tried to do something like this and both times they've blown up in his face lol

"Many, many members of the African-American community have called me, friends of mine, and said, 'Could you help?'" Trump said. "So I personally don't know A$AP Rocky, but I can tell you he has a lot of support from the African-American community in this country."

I don't think any part of this is true, lol. Rocky isn't some pillar of the black community and I doubt he has many many friends in the black community.

You must out of the loop, plenty of famous people from the black community, as well as other communities, were calling for Rocky's release. He's a pretty big Hollywood socialite at this point.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Good. It was very obviously a stunt to win support with people he hates.

Incoming tweet where Trump disparages ASAP Rocky in 3, 2, ....

"Low IQ no-name "rapper" A$AP Rocky should be on his Hands and knees thanking me, your Favorite president, for freeing him from jail. Very dumb individual with low album sales! Glad to help though. Would a racist President do this? I think not!"

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Lanier dismissed that argument. "He won the election with 8 percent of the black vote," he said of Trump. "He doesn't need black voters or need A$AP Rocky to get black voters. ... He did this because it was the right thing to do."
.....what?

But they got mad when he didnt call?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That's amazing. Trump so desperately wanted this guy's approval and the dude couldn't possibly care less. I love it.

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
Is this part of him flipping out?

He probably thought this would get all people of color to start licking his ass hole, and then Rocky ghosted him so he's flipping out.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
When they got Ehmann on the phone, Scott said the rapper's manager "started making all these excuses" about Rocky needing time to travel and "rest." Scott said he told Ehmann, "I hope you guys aren't going back on what you said you were going to do."

Oh, no! Allegedly, someone went back on their word to the poor president who never reneges on an agreement! Life just isn't fair.