• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain the whole Charismatic Biography meme to me?

I had it equipped for most of my playthrough on PS4 and everything seemed fine to me?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza 0 is harder than 5 which was nice. 4 and 5 were way too easy for my liking. Hard mode still isn't all that difficult though, so I'd recommend people start on Hard and drop the difficulty if your having problems/not enjoying the combat. Just remember that during long battles you don't get health drops, so especially in the first chapter buy some healing items else you might get fucked by the level or boss!

Awesome OT by the way, despite owning all the games on the PS4/PS3/PS2 twice, I'm super excited for PC releases to see the series branch out. In terms of game platforms, it makes the most sense for Yakuza to move onto the PC, I hope it does well for Sega so that we get the rest of the series over the next year or 2. Dragon Engine games that aren't held back by the PS4 should be amazing.

Can someone explain the whole Charismatic Biography meme to me?

I had it equipped for most of my playthrough on PS4 and everything seemed fine to me?

It increases the difficulty by getting all enemies really aggressive and so they'll all attack at once. This makes the game harder as enemies will knock you out of combos more often than not. If you really want to see how evil it can be, load up Kiwami on Hard mode and equip it during Shindo's boss fight!

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yakuza 0 is harder than 5 which was nice. 4 and 5 were way too easy for my liking. Hard mode still isn't all that difficult though, so I'd recommend people start on Hard and drop the difficulty if your having problems/not enjoying the combat. Just remember that during long battles you don't get health drops, so especially in the first chapter buy some healing items else you might get fucked by the level or boss!

Oh, interesting, I didn't know that.

And yeah, I'd agree with your recommendation for people to give hard a shot if they're used to this type of game.

Revven

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoy it, PC bros! Yakuza 0 is an amazing game.

tumblr_inline_p1q5mlxw6T1rczrem_540.gif

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
i remember seeing yakuza 1 videos back when it came out on the ps2 that made me really want to play it because traveling to tokyo has been my life long dream and this series looked like the next best thing. still haven't been to tokyo and i never owned a playstation so august 1st is the time when i can finally jump in.

Tigersprite

Oct 29, 2017
London
Ooh thought this was out on the 13th for some reason, so excited to see it's out on Wednesday!!! Been waiting for the PC version for ages now!

deltabreak

Oct 29, 2017
When I played this game on PS4, at one point I was SO done with the game. It was frustrating me so much. The difficulty spike was so unreal. I was actually thinking of quitting it. Then I looked it up and it was that stupid biography item. Good times.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any missable side quests for Zero? Feel like I might miss stuff because I know I will dick around in the arcade.
And the arcade is so damn good in this game as well! But no, missable stuff in Yakuza was nixed from 4 and up (or maybe it was 3, I always forget) so you'll be fine. Only missable stuff is some trophies/achievements centered around parts of the story, and they aren't stuff you can really guess either. So you'll almost certainly need to use a guide to unlock those.

cyress8

Avenger
And the arcade is so damn good in this game as well! But no, missable stuff in Yakuza was nixed from 4 and up (or maybe it was 3, I always forget) so you'll be fine. Only missable stuff is some trophies/achievements centered around parts of the story, and they aren't stuff you can really guess either. So you'll almost certainly need to use a guide to unlock those.
Ok, good to hear. Not a trophy hunter, no problem on my end. Just want to make sure I can see all the crazy ass content in this game.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Just gonna say it.. Fuck every pc gamer on earth if this game doesn't sell well. You don't deserve good games in that case.
Coming from primarily a pc gamer.
Peace.

Ecco45

Mar 19, 2018
When you equip that, the enemies will all rush you at the same time. It makes the game much harder.

All battle footage i've seen shows the enemies being pretty slow and always attacking individually. I would assume those players haven't got that item equipped then.

Charismatic Autobiography sounds like it demands skill so I think i'm gonna check it out.

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking forward to the others coming to pc. The ones I haven't completed. Loved playing through 0

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Dont want to buy it again because dont want to get burnt out before kiwami 2

Ya'll have fun with this. One of my favourite games ever

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Any impression on how the keyboard/ mouse controls are compared to the PS controller? Bought this cos the price was cheaper than on playstation lol

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crossing my fingers that the work they are doing on the Yaluza3-5 ps4 ports will go into Steam ports. Pls.

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bought and loaded. Game looks hilarious, this will be my first as well. Got a ps4 controller that worked well for Nier I think I'm gonna go the same route for this one.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
If anyone here skips the intro, I'll find you and I'll refund the damn game for you. If you EVER skip that intro, you're dead to me.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
My PS4 is dying and never got around to finishing this. Had no idea it was coming out this soon lol. Definitely going to double dip and get this on PC. Just wish I could transfer my save data, even though I was only at like ch 3 I think.

$17.99 is a steal lol, can't believe it's launching at that price on Steam.

Do we know when Kiwami, or any of the others are coming to PC?

Xclash

Oct 25, 2017

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

Yakuza 6 and Kiwami 2 haven't gotten an announcement yet but I personally think it's just a matter of time.

Kiwami 2 is the one im most looking forward too. Really want to see how it plays in the new Yakuza engine, especially on PC. Wont have a new PS4 until Spider-man releases and by then ill have way too much to play, while going to school/work :( .

I need to get my PC setup to play on my TV for this game. I have everything connected, but the color seems like its a bit off when displayed on the TV.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
My card got declined, i think because its not based in the US :( Will try again after I get it approved by my bank.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Woah, really cool OT. Didn't realize this was releasing soon! Will probably take a while before I get it, but I'm looking forward to finally joining the series soon!