• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I beat the game. Amazing. 11/10. Give me Kiwami right NOW.

Random stupid thing I noticed:

Qec49I0.png

QduBf3s.png

QYzWOps.png

6iZpAhD.png

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
So, if I completed all the substories, how feasible is it to unlock the limit breaker? I don't plan on 100%ing the game, so how much of a grindfest is it?
I already completed the Adventure and Business tabs for both Kiryu and Majima and on Kiryu I'm on the Wealthy Aroma slot, on Majima on Money Magnet 3.

Vicious17

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So, if I completed all the substories, how feasible is it to unlock the limit breaker? I don't plan on 100%ing the game, so how much of a grindfest is it?
I already completed the Adventure and Business tabs for both Kiryu and Majima and on Kiryu I'm on the Wealthy Aroma slot, on Majima on Money Magnet 3.

Unfortunately, if you've completed the other tabs before grabbing Limit Breaker, you're kinda fucked, and have a LOT of grinding ahead of you. Gotta rush Limit Breaker ASAP. This is one of those "Sure as fuck wish I this before I started" moments I ran into on the PS4 version too.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, if you've completed the other tabs before grabbing Limit Breaker, you're kinda fucked, and have a LOT of grinding ahead of you. Gotta rush Limit Breaker ASAP. This is one of those "Sure as fuck wish I this before I started" moments I ran into on the PS4 version too.
Well, shit. I'm also locked out of Encounter Finder on Kiryu's side btw, wish I knew that too. (What's the point of a shared item box if you can only share consumables?)

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017

Yea I fucked up an unlocked the other stuff on Kiryu before realising what the Limit Breaker actually did. I wish there was a way to reset the points, even as a mod.

Vicious17

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Luckily, you're on a PC, and there's always Cheat Engine if you don't mind cheating. Haven't tried it yet, but since CP is a number, it shouldn't be that hard to edit.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
So, Kiwami when? Sega pls

0 made me way more hyped than I thought about going back to the real deal. I haven't touched 1 since it came out, it's gonna be good. I need a date.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1086279994

But before that, are you running the game on borderless? Did you put the game's process's priority on high through the task manager? Did you unlock the cutscenes' framerate?

Sorry for late reply and thanks for the link that seems to be way more comprehensive than what I have found!

And no, I didn't do anything to fix it, as I understand I'd need to do the priority thing every time I start the game? Alt tabbing by itself causes a lot of issues for me so I try to avoid it as much as possible (mostly crashes, nvidia shadow play tends to stop working)

That said I beat the game yesterday, it's been great, technical issues aside, I just thought the last two chapters or so felt a bit rushed and overall the mini games don't do much for me, also kinda have the feeling button inputs sometimes don't get detected (dancing mini game for example) so I don't see much point in trying to improve, although I think the idea itself to have these sort of mini games is genius.

8.5/10

Now I wish Sega would hurry up with their promised mod support, there's so much potential (including fixing the mini games)... But it doesn't seem modding is / will be actually supported?

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Im on chapter 8 right now, but... blagh.. whenever i want to advance the story, I don't even notice and i get distracted for hours on sidequests, hostess mini game and a bunch of time, sure is a time sinker, haha. Loving this game.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the game. When I entered Chapter 13 I didnt stop until I reached the end. What a marvelous story that was.

Majima is a tragic character for me in this... From what I've seen in the past from GIFs, videos, etc of Yakuza, he always seemed like a crazy guy, he never gave of that vibe in Yakuza 0... And now I understand why.
Still, it feels such a change in the character, that ending sequence was completely off-character for me.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
So I finished Yakuza 0 and I want more. What should I expect for Kiwami? I know it's shorter and I'm fine with that but will it be a big downgrade in terms of combat and/or side activities if Zero is the only Yakuza game I've played?

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Umm, I think I have a bug, actually started with the patch but I was too busy with the story to actually check - but I did now and well, it doesn't save all the side quests I have done, not sure exactly what it saves and what not but I definitely know I finished up some side quests yesterday , saved, as "premium adventure" or what it's called and today I was back at a totally different phone booth and didn't have one particular and several other side quests finished...

Anyone else encountered this?

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
So I finished Yakuza 0 and I want more. What should I expect for Kiwami? I know it's shorter and I'm fine with that but will it be a big downgrade in terms of combat and/or side activities if Zero is the only Yakuza game I've played?
Kiwami came out after 0 so it should have some refinements, but afaik it's basically 0 v2 in terms of content. It uses a traditional exp system to upgrade your styles (which are the same from 0) instead of money, but other than that it should be pretty much a lot of the slightly different same. Real Estate and the Cabaret Club are also gone, and Kiryu is the only playable character until Yakuza 3 included. I think they've added Majima in Kiwami 2 but I don't know if it's a fully fledged story mode like in 0 or just a bonus thing.

Umm, I think I have a bug, actually started with the patch but I was too busy with the story to actually check - but I did now and well, it doesn't save all the side quests I have done, not sure exactly what it saves and what not but I definitely know I finished up some side quests yesterday , saved, as "premium adventure" or what it's called and today I was back at a totally different phone booth and didn't have one particular and several other side quests finished...

Anyone else encountered this?
Are you sure you actually saved with the text popping up? A lot of people had some issues with the game not saving sometimes.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

Kiwami was rebuilt on the Yakuza 0 engine, essentially you will feel like you're playing a Yakuza 0 expansion. Unfortunately you're only controlling 1 character in the game and the game centers around Kamurocho (no Osaka until Kiwami 2) but otherwise expect all the same combat/gameplay refinements from 0 to carry over to Kiwami seamlessly.

Keep in mind Kiwami is a full remake of the first game, so that is where the core plot of the franchise and the characters who'll be mainstay for the rest of the games get introduced. However, for the Kiwami remake, they did add more content to factor in the events of Yakuza 0 so you'll still get some call backs to the events of 0 here and there.

OP
OP
Aurc

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
just realized i never gave props to the OP for a fantastic writeup/image soup, it's just glorious and covers all the bases...cheers~
Thanks dude, I really appreciate it!! It was mostly thanks to the rad YakuzaEra community, plus the official Yakuza 0 website. Also used your OP from the old site, as well as PrinceOfWhatever's as a guideline. They helped a lot!
As far as combat goes, you'll find that the battle styles have been lifted almost 1:1 from 0, but with a bit of new stuff in there. What I love about Kiwami combat is the unlockable instant style swap, which means you don't have to watch Kiryu do an animation when switching from, say, Brawler to Rush. Really ups the fluidity and encourages you to use all tools at your disposal.

Side stuff is largely considered inferior, with the biggest exception probably being MesuKing, the catfight replacement that is actually a good bit better than what 0 did in that realm. Substories are, sadly, not nearly as creative or memorable.

Keep your expectations in check, and Kiwami is an OK continuation of plot threads that began in 0. You just have to keep in mind that there's a decade's worth of refinement between 0 and 1, so Kiwami has the potential to be anticlimactic by comparison(it was for me).

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are you sure you actually saved with the text popping up? A lot of people had some issues with the game not saving sometimes.

I finished like 3 or 4 sidequests yesterday and saved after each of them.

Also, I don't know if that's normal, but I gave some presents to some girls and everything is still in my inventory, yet the girls are in the club, so it seems something is off?

But yeah, I noticed the thing with the sidequests some time ago already, they just don't seem to be saved sometimes.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

Regarding substories specifically, there's a noticeable split between the ones that were made specifically for Kiwami and the ones that carried over from the original game. The old substories are very barebones and occasionally offensive to modern sensibilities. The new ones are a lot better on both counts.

There's also one really great callback to Yakuza 0 that I won't spoil for you because it's maybe my favourite thing about Kiwami. So it's not all bad.

Deleted member 300

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
QueenOfHunting, do you have a specific preset, or list of settings, to replicate your results with reshade?

ill probs upload my preset soon still doing some tweaks for game, it involes around 9 effects and 3 off them ive been mixing together to defog certain colors. also using minor sharpening to pop textures (mix of adaptive sharp and lumasharp)

reshade
43175441275_efc057cefb_o.png

normal
44033296122_39213737e6_o.png

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Are the other AV actress hostesses as ear-gratingly robotic as Uehara Ai is? I am rather compelled to mute the game while I do those scenes with her.

(Might be because Yuki was so damn good in comparison...)

I love ai, she's such a goddamn weirdo

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017

0 is the sum of all PS3 era yakuza game in an amazing packaging. It's peak Yakuza.

Kiwami is the remake in Y0 engine of a decade old game after Yakuza 0... so it will feel barebones even with the additions and majima everywhere shennanigans.

BUT, Kiwami is basically the direct sequel to 0 so its amazing story wise.

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had a go at model-swapping, think I might've just spread the T-virus in Sotenbori.
4a85b17eb8.png

971e1e0b17.png

2caac4fd3b.png

Also, the ending to the Cabaret storyline might just be the dumbest piece of writing I've ever come across.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I use Process Lasso to set priority to high automatically. Also came in handy to fix stuttering in Metro 2033. Haven't had any stuttering since launch with it.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
So while I was watching the Super Best Friends LP of 0 I noticed that consumable items on the ground have a particle effect around them, making them a lot more visible. That was completely missing on PC, or at least on my game.

ytrbesifi9.png

I probably wouldn't had to look up how to beat
Amon
if that effect worked properly.

Last edited:

Deleted member 82

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to change the music and voice volume? I find them very unbalanced (voices are often too soft, and the music too loud), but the sound settings only let me change the master volume.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to change the music and voice volume? I find them very unbalanced (voices are often too soft, and the music too loud), but the sound settings only let me change the master volume.
Go to AppData\Roaming\Sega\Yakuza0 and edit the audio.ini file. 0.900 is 90%, 0.500 is 50% etc. Just keep the master volume at 100%.
The last time I tried changing those numbers the game wouldn't boot, but it worked for some people, so try it out.

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sound balance seems glitched. There's certain moments where the music should either lower in volume (e.g. speaking with Tachibana during the Tojo HQ section) or stop entirely (e.g. obtaining a legend style), but it doesn't, whereas the PS4 version doesn't have that problem.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, the Areshi training for Majima's Rolling Snake has to the worst fucking thing I've encountered in this game.
Ugh.

Edit: Oh, "Press B after Evasion" doesn't mean "after evading an attack"... That made things easier.

Last edited: