• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Aurc

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
So what is the purpose of necklaces, watches, wallets, etc? I'm only in Chapter 2.
They give passive buffs, sometimes to non-visible stats. It's sometimes unclear what they do simply based on description, unfortunately.

EDIT: Ahh, I guess you meant the gift items from Le Marche and such.

Last edited:

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
How can I delete a savegame? I accidentally made a second save slot. I tried deleting it in the steam savefiles folder, but it still shows the save slot, instead saying "unknown" (since it doesn't exist).

OP
OP
Aurc

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
what?! I went through the whole game thinking they were just like defensive equipment, giving buffs. Do they tell you this sometime? I honestly don't remember :(
Oh man, you've got some surprises in store. Go check out all the cool heat actions you can do when these weapons are equipped!

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh man, you've got some surprises in store. Go check out all the cool heat actions you can do when these weapons are equipped!

I did do some heat actions with weapons that I would pick up though. Another aspect I never explored was the crafting bit because of the same reason I suppose, thought that weapons weren't a major thing :\

I already uninstalled the game, but i'll take this into consideration for the future, thanks!

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Wait, I thought beating Mr. Shakedown is a possibility? I got him down but still got the "I beat you but let you get away this time" dialogue?

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
New beta patch.

Bug Fixes and Changes:
  • Added an auto-save function at the end of the chapter after the result screen.
  • Adjusted camera position to zoom out when playing in anything narrower than 16:9.
  • Fixed an occasional crash in 'Cabaret Club' when navigating through the 'Cast on Duty' screen.
  • Fixed an occasional crash when backing out of the Inventory menu immediately after entering the menu.
  • Fixed a high CPU resource usage issue caused by checking the audio device constantly.
  • Fixed an issue where NPCs appeared as low poly characters (LOD geometry issues).
  • Fixed an issue where Xbox One controllers did not function correctly.
  • Fixed an issue where a claw crane didn't return on some occasions when VSync is disabled in UFO Catcher arcade minigame.
  • Fixed an issue where the mouse cursor remained on screen after completing a song in Disco minigame.
  • Fixed an issue where incorrect button prompts appeared when moving the mouse in Karaoke minigame.
  • Fixed an issue where a minus sign was not displaying when losing money during a Mr. Shakedown battle.
  • Fixed an issue where the details didn't show 'Climax Battle Millionaire' score correctly in 'Climax Battle Rankings'.
  • Fixed an issue where button prompts didn't switch to Keyboard & Mouse when controllers are connected.
  • Fixed an issue where an input device prompt for Player 1 & Player 2 didn't appear in Bowling minigame.
  • Fixed an issue where an incorrect score appeared in Climax Battle rankings.
  • Fixed an issue where an empty leader board appeared when playing 'Expert Course' in 'Super Hang-On' arcade minigame.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/638970/discussions/0/1733210552677563138/

LOD bug should be fixed now.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
The Mr. Shakedown trick quickly made Kiryu into a billionaire, lol. Kind of feels like cheating...

But I'm now in the final part of the real estate mini-game thanks to it.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just finished it yesterday. What a ride! The story is something else. and the minigames are fun as hell.
Please tell me that Yakuza 1 to 6 are equal or better than this one in term of story.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it yesterday. What a ride! The story is something else. and the minigames are fun as hell.
Please tell me that Yakuza 1 to 6 are equal or better than this one in term of story.
1 is a bit more down to earth than the rest of the series and it's a shorter game in general. Don't know about 5 and 6 though.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Had to put 0 down but I loved what I played. The mini-games have a good amount of depth to give the sense that they aren't afterthoughts. Comedy is spot-on and killer, and the writing is very good. Can't wait to continue this one.

Also, favorite sub-story thus far was the one that had Kiryuu teaching the dominatrix to do the most. SELF-IMPROVEMENT is a thing of beauty. In that case it was also hilarious.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017

Not many issues I had but great nonetheless. That missing auto-save after each chapter though should have been in from the beginning not sure why they didn't include it in the first place.

Anyone know how long it would take to complete the cabaret substory? I just finished everything on the Real Estate side with Kiryuu and learned the Legendary Style (I assume it will be the same with Majime) but I'm a bit burned out on that front.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how long it would take to complete the cabaret substory? I just finished everything on the Real Estate side with Kiryuu and learned the Legendary Style (I assume it will be the same with Majime) but I'm a bit burned out on that front.
Not that long if you get all the partners in the area.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Bug Fixes and Changes:
Added an auto-save function at the end of the chapter after the result screen.

Ya know .. that's something that shoudla been there day 1. PS4 version had a save option after each chapter. Not sure why they completely took it out of the PC version in the first place.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I was good at the dancing minigame, then I came across Ogita.
Also why are all those difficult dance battles with the song I'm worst at!?

Like, how about battling me to Koi no Disco Queen, cowards.
770112110EFF1D5B522B0A10C0753413DF6D3A80

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
I thought I was good at the dancing minigame, then I came across Ogita.
Also why are all those difficult dance battles with the song I'm worst at!?

Like, how about battling me to Koi no Disco Queen, cowards.
770112110EFF1D5B522B0A10C0753413DF6D3A80
Isobe is harder to me. Had to play for 3 hours non-stop because i want to complete the quest.

Deleted member 10852

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
for ogita you just need to play en normal or hard and make a lot steps, it was hard, sometimes ogita makes mistakes or had low score soo you just need to try it a lot of times.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
isn't pocket circuit dead after the 90s? RIP
Well kiwami 1 has it too and that's in the 00's i thing the real thing still has tournaments in japan. We got something similiar in germany called carrera that's on tracks which has licensed toy cars instead and that got a following to this day too.

Deleted member 3888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nishiki could use some tressfx hair

Well kiwami 1 has it too and that's in the 00's i thing the real thing still has tournaments in japan. We got something similiar in germany called carrera that's on tracks which has licensed toy cars instead and that got a following to this day too.

huh interesting

fushi

Oct 26, 2017
The game crashed on me during the end credits, without giving me a chance to save.

For fucks sake.

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Emailed Sega support directly about the cutscene lighting issue, they said they'd pass it onto the relevant department. Guess we'll see what happens with the next patch.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Nice, looks like that beta patch has fixed having to set process affinity to high, game ran without a hitch from a brief session.

M'arcade games are still blurry though ;_;

Z-oo31

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
have they fixed ultrawide?

The most recent beta patch does include a 21:9 fix where more on the sides are shown, rather than the top and bottom being cropped.

The HUD still cannot be repositioned to the edges of 21:9, and the pause menu is still weird because the sides are not covered with anything, e.g., "grayed out" or some other masking effect.

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
I am on Chapter 11/12 and done all the unique sub-stories, and getting to the point I can be arsed with the pocket racers/dancing and real estate and cabaret sub stories. Overall I have really enjoyed the game. But hate grinding in games and these just are a bit to overkill for my liking.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
I am on Chapter 11/12 and done all the unique sub-stories, and getting to the point I can be arsed with the pocket racers/dancing and real estate and cabaret sub stories. Overall I have really enjoyed the game. But hate grinding in games and these just are a bit to overkill for my liking.
But you're the one that has decided to grind. You can do those subquests whenever you want, even after the last chapter, but you completed most of them when you're about midway through the main story.

Z-oo31

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
One thing I don't like about the Trouble Finder accessory is that it doesn't actually lead you to all the substories. So you still have to wander around trying to trigger some side story. At this point, I'd rather just use a guide to save me the time and frustration.

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
But you're the one that has decided to grind. You can do those subquests whenever you want, even after the last chapter, but you completed most of them when you're about midway through the main story.

I haven't grinded particularly just doing certain activities once per session, it becomes a chore in my opinion, as it does start getting repetitive after a while especially as it's a small world hub. I used to trying to finish side quests in rpgs before doing main content, also I not a fan of JRPG,s, but that's just me. I won't touch the game after I finish the main story as I am not that type of gamer.

Otherwise it's a brilliant game and will play the sequels.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
will i be able to do all the side quests after i finish the main story, or does the game end?