• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the game.

Still trying to get the highest score with the 2 songs at disco.

y12jefkl.jpg

Deleted member 3888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i can't get above 90 for rouge of love, fml, i keep messing up on that 1 or 2 buttons

i love this song tho

edit: got it, lively was actually easier.......

Last edited:

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Idk if it's been posted as there's 46 pages but what's up with Space Harrier? Rapid fire on PS4 was so much better, the PC version is just standard fire without having to continually press the button.

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
Anyone having shitty performances after the last patch? Before I wasn't having any problems, with everything maxed and SSAAx4. Now I get stuttering running around and crackling audio.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
Had my first crash after 40 hours, luckily I didn't lose any progress.
It happened when i tried to fish at the pier for the first time. After rebooting the game it crashed at the same spot again.

Is the fishing minigame even worth it to try to fix this crash? I'm already in Chapter 10 and I only wanted to fish because that Sushi dude told me to get him some fresh fish.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
The 2nd beta patch should have been moved to live, but a few people are reporting issues so maybe wait before installing.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
i can't believe i'm still missing so many telephone cards... and i have that card detection item equipped
Cards unlock in a sequence, once you get Girl A, Girl B spawns on the map, so you kinda need to wander aimlessly if you want to get them all without a guide.

Yeah, I had 5-10 second freezes when running down Tenkaichi St. with the beta patch, so I'm not surprised more issues popped up. These patches need a bit more time in the oven.
It was more like antivirus triggers and crashes but it seems like it's not causing too many issues.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I was reading on the beta thread and it seems they disabled it because it caused issues.
It's good as long as you don't do anything stupid like save during a battle or some other odd spot.

The loss of this feature is crippling. The inconvenience... Less peace of mind having to get to a save spot after long stretches of combat or dialogue rather than just saving anywhere at the first opportunity. No more cheesing equipment search RNG to save both time and money

Thinking about rolling back this update if that would work.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Holy shit, fuck everything about that Jo Amon fight lol. Was planning on completing all the substories but now I'm not so sure. I can handle that dude up until the knife comes out then he just destroys me.

Deleted member 3888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
damn it i missed the encounter item on kiryu and it's hard to find mr shakedown, and he's always asleep when i find him

i just realized i could hold a button to drain his money when he's asleep

amon is bullshit

Last edited:

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
The game just bugged out on me during the final mission. I was so pumped and then the screen just went black, the game went 'not responding' and I had to open task manager to shut it down. Completely killed my enthusiasm for finishing the game tonight :/

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Bought this on a whim last night as it's only £15 and played about 2 hours and in to chapter 2...

Man people weren't wrong Yakuza 0 is great.

Don't think it's opened up into the mini games / side activities yet, but I already know I'm gonna be doing karaoke alot...

Runs at a pretty much locked 144fps 1080p on ultra with 4x SSAA on my 1080ti...

The fighting seemed clucky at first but starting to get into it.

Hope they bring them all to PC if they're as good as this.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the tip. Did it first try focusing on that. I'd been mainly using the Mad Dog style to handle groups so I hadn't even thought about checking to see if it had a counter move. I thought I had misread the health bar the first time I saw how much of it came off, haha.
Yeah, both fights were pretty gimmicky this time around, I wish they were more traditional battles, just challenging enough.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was interesting-

Yakuza series Japanese character(writing) count-
-Yakuza 5 2.3 million
-Yakuza 0 1.5 million
-Yakuza 6 850,000
-Yakuza Kiwami 850,000
-Yakuza Kiwami 2 780,000

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
I'm so disappointed with the lighting issues...

The PC version could have been the definitive one but no ...

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
there's something i don't understand about Oda (spoilers for chapter..i don't know 15?,who played the game knows what i'm referring to anyway)

so..oda didn't want makoto and tachibana to met because of what he did to her in the past and what would have meant for his relationship with tachibana,ok, i get it..but then they say that he was secretely passing info to Shibusawa, with again,it would make sense if his objective was for them to take makoto and leave them alone..but he also told them the fact that tachibana was hiding in little asia,and that made me really confused since he still cared about tachibana, and yet he didn't considered dangerous telling the yakuza where he was hiding? especially when he could have justtold him the info about makto but not the rest that would have put tachibana at risk

please consider that i haven't completed the game yet,i'm at

the death of tachibana

so try not to spoil anything that happens after that in your explanation.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Finally finished the game. But I am not ready for Yakuza Kiwami. Spend much of hours on this game that I have amassed a large backlog that I need to attend to

Deleted member 3888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so who's the original singer for rouge of love? i can't find anything because i only get yakuza results on google

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm at the part where the game tells you to make your save now that you are going to the final battle.

this game has some pretty bad pacing issues...i have dedicated a lot of sessions to just fdoing subquests, especially the big real estate and cabaret quests, and i was still nowhere near completing them when the game flat out told me we are wrapping up. Same for the shitload of subquests that are still somewhere on the map

of course it didn't help how the first chapters and the later ones really don't have much time for subquests, since the beginning is really linear, and the later chapters are all action-action-action, and it didn't feel right to depart from the main story to go buy properties or managing a cabaret club

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at the part where the game tells you to make your save now that you are going to the final battle.

this game has some pretty bad pacing issues...i have dedicated a lot of sessions to just fdoing subquests, especially the big real estate and cabaret quests, and i was still nowhere near completing them when the game flat out told me we are wrapping up. Same for the shitload of subquests that are still somewhere on the map

of course it didn't help how the first chapters and the later ones really don't have much time for subquests, since the beginning is really linear, and the later chapters are all action-action-action, and it didn't feel right to depart from the main story to go buy properties or managing a cabaret club

There's a specific mode that unlocks after you're done with the story where you can continue all the extra stuff. You're not supposed to complete everything before you finish the main game.
Actually, in my opinion, you should definitely complete at least the real estate/cabaret quests post-game or it cheapens a bit the ending. But that's only if 0 isn't your first Yakuza.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Right at chapter 7 and I feel like if I now don't mainline it, I might burn out on the game soon.
Am I really not missing anything if I totally skip everything regarding real estate, cabaret and all this stuff?

OP
OP
Aurc

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Right at chapter 7 and I feel like if I now don't mainline it, I might burn out on the game soon.
Am I really not missing anything if I totally skip everything regarding real estate, cabaret and all this stuff?
The side content is very much worth doing in this game, cabaret and substories especially. To give you the answer to the question I think you're asking, though: nah, you aren't missing anything relevant to the main story. A lot of it is better left to the post-game anyway, so go ahead and finish the story for now, and see how you feel after.

BionicDreamer

Nov 6, 2017
It is without a doubt one of the best gaming experiences I've had in many many years. I loved almost every second of it, from start to finish. The ending was emotional in ways I didn't expect.