• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
It is without a doubt one of the best gaming experiences I've had in many many years. I loved almost every second of it, from start to finish. The ending was emotional in ways I didn't expect.

giphy.gif

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Never played the other yakuza games but having it also finished (which was great btw)
I liked Majimas default look and character in 0 as opposed to the change in the ending and the sequels where he is the "Mad Dog" but who knows maybe it will grow on me.

ps. I'm kinda sad that Majima and Kiryuu never mad until the very end, looked like they could be pals.

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never played the other yakuza games but having it also finished (which was great btw)
I liked Majimas default look and character in 0 as opposed to the change in the ending and the sequels where he is the "Mad Dog" but who knows maybe it will grow on me.

ps. I'm kinda sad that Majima and Kiryuu never mad until the very end, looked like they could be pals.
They are pals lol

Giever

Oct 25, 2017
Just picked this up last night and already learned about the ambient lighting issues! Seems like a huge bummer. I hope they aren't done releasing patches already.

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm not that far into this game yet because of issues I still have. At first I had the stuttering issue which I could fix with putting Yakuza on high priority but now I have the random 2 to sometimes 10 seconds freezing which is really annoying and still after almost 2 months not fixed. Supposedly it is because of the CPU usages increasing for a short period of time and I did find a method to fix it but it doesn't work for me (Using BES to cap the max CPU usage amount). Anyone else also have this issue?

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have you tried now? The first patch to this game fixed most of the unable-to-launch issues.
No one seems to have any suggestions for the "Failed to initialize GS settings" Startup problem except reinstalling the VC runtimes, which seems to work for some people, but not all

They didn't seem to fix it for anyone with the patches, either

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I started playing this on PC not too long ago and it runs amazingly (locked 144fps) but I've noticed that some textures are really low quality for some reason and look worse than the PS4 version's textures.

Here's a shot I pulled from Youtube of the PS4 version.
qzQ0AKx.jpg

And here's my screenshot of the PC version.
iwmYcLF.jpg

The text on the sign behind the dominatrix is much lower quality on PC. I have the game running on the highest settings so I'm not sure what else to do.

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's fucking absurd that it's been 2 months, and they still haven't fixed the cutscene lighting. Very smart of them to fuck with customer goodwill while trying to build an audience on a new platform.
370c455099.png

4fbbb26eca.png

wonzo

Oct 25, 2017
It's fucking absurd that it's been 2 months, and they still haven't fixed the cutscene lighting. Very smart of them to fuck with customer goodwill while trying to build an audience on a new platform.
370c455099.png

4fbbb26eca.png
the radio silence from the devs on this and other well documented issues is really dissapointing and i dont think i'll be buying anymore yakuza games on pc because of it

hacksword

Nov 20, 2017
I started playing this morning and I'm getting random game freezes for up to 10 seconds. The audio continues while the graphics and controls freeze up. There isn't any rhyme or reason to the freezes. They can happen during combat, a cutscene or just walking around. Has anyone else run into this? I'm running on an i5-2500K with 8 GB RAM, GTX 980 and Windows 7. It's really frustrating as the game runs smooth at 1440p otherwise.

EDIT: The game is installed on an SSD.

Last edited:

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Yeah, it's another one of the unresolved bugs in this port. I've only experienced when I go down a certain street in Kamurocho so far, but it's definitely a common one folks have run into.

I can't help but think the lack of patches/communication is because the team was moved over to porting Kiwami now. I really hope they use that experience to go back and fix the bugs in 0's port once Kiwami PC is out the door but it's not looking good right now.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Just hit Chapter 9. I feel every time I want to take a break from the main story to do more side quests (almost all of them I've done so far have been well written), the main story either ramps up so much I really want to see what happens next and/or there's some plot urgency that comes up where it doesn't make sense to do a side quest. Both the main story and side quests are just so good in this game that I feel compelled to experience it all. If the main story keeps ramping up I may just end up finishing that first and coming back for the rest of the side quests later (which I definitely will have to finish as well). Game really is something special.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
I Played for an hour or more, loved. My experience with the series includes only Yakuza 3 and 4 (I didn't finish).
The game really show what it is in the first hour. You fight, you get a lot of talks and cutscenes. Suddenly a complete stranger walks and tell you a lesson about life and how to upgrade your skills,and then you sing at a Karaoke and later is framed in a homicide.

It is Yakuza all over my face.gif

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
Question: I'm in chapter 2, I did probably 10 substories, but I want to play the main, if I go to the next chapter do I lose the substories from 2 ?

As far as I know, you can do all sub-stories at any time for the most part. There's a very specific point near the end of the game, where the game will tell you that you will no longer be able to complete substories if you continue.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Question: I'm in chapter 2, I did probably 10 substories, but I want to play the main, if I go to the next chapter do I lose the substories from 2 ?
You can't permanently miss out on any substories, feel free to move through the main story at whatever pace you'd like. There are a few missable achievements throughout the game if you care about that though.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
As far as I know, you can do all sub-stories at any time for the most part. There's a very specific point near the end of the game, where the game will tell you that you will no longer be able to complete substories if you continue.
You can't permanently miss out on any substories, feel free to move through the main story at whatever pace you'd like. There are a few missable achievements throughout the game if you care about that though.
Thanks you both
I really loved all subs, but the number is overhelming, god

Deleted member 3534

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any word on if/when the rest of the series is coming out on Steam? Are the Steam releases of these games likely to run/look so much better that it might be worth waiting for them? Asking as a PS4 Pro owner and a Nvidia 1080 Ti GPU owner.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
Any word on if/when the rest of the series is coming out on Steam? Are the Steam releases of these games likely to run/look so much better that it might be worth waiting for them? Asking as a PS4 Pro owner and a Nvidia 1080 Ti GPU owner.

Nothing has been officially said as far as I know. I've refused to play my copy of Yakuza 6 hoping that Y6 and Kiwami 2 will come to PC.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Just did the cult substory which was fantastic in how funny it was. I've been getting tempted to mainline the story of this game, if only because I have seemingly a million other games in my backlog from this year alone that I want to start playing at some point. Also the main story is really interesting and I want to see where it goes. But so many of these substories are great that it feels almost criminal to skip them. Guess I'll keep chipping away at it and finish the game up one of these years lol. Pretty impressed with how many substories they managed to fit in.

OP
OP
Aurc

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Just did the cult substory which was fantastic in how funny it was. I've been getting tempted to mainline the story of this game, if only because I have seemingly a million other games in my backlog from this year alone that I want to start playing at some point. Also the main story is really interesting and I want to see where it goes. But so many of these substories are great that it feels almost criminal to skip them. Guess I'll keep chipping away at it and finish the game up one of these years lol. Pretty impressed with how many substories they managed to fit in.
0's substories in particular are of an especially high quality, so if there's one game you should do a lot of the side content in, it's this one.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
0's substories in particular are of an especially high quality, so if there's one game you should do a lot of the side content in, it's this one.

Yeah did a couple more yesterday and they are fantastic. I'm really glad the PC version came out this year so I have an excuse to put this on my top 10 list.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Got a new GPU and some time to go back to this game.

I can't believe they never fixed the freezing.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Been playing Y0 on and off since the PC version came out in August and finally finished it tonight. Man what a great game. Really enjoyed the main story, but I think my favorite part was the substories. A lot of them are really funny, and serve as a great balance with the (mostly) serious main story. Combat was also good fun, though I did find myself having much more fun with Majima's different fighting styles than Kiryu's (Breaker is just too good).

Also amazes me just how many mini-games and side activities they crammed into the game as well. If I really wanted to, I probably could have sunk another 20-30 hours into more Cabaret Club and Real Estate Royale.

Definitely will be checking out Kiwami at some point since I already have it on PS4, though probably will take a little break from the series to avoid burning out on it. Looking forward to playing the rest of the series, though it's probably going to take a good long while to catch up to 6.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
ad1880c5-e501-48c2-990f-05e51612e625.png

Took me long enough but finally finished today

Now the wait for Kiwami begins

What a character Majima is

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What are your complete specs if you don't mind me asking? I bought a new PC last December. I'm wondering if it might run Yakuza 0 without the freezing.
8GB
RX 570 4GB

I think this bug is indifferent to whatever specs you have. It just randomly freezes for a few seconds a couple of times per hour or so. It's weird.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up, another beta patch was just released:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/638970/discussions/0/1776010325134009474/

• Fixed an issue related to shaders and shadow rendering affecting lighting/skin tone (most noticeable during cut scene at the end of chapter 6)
• Fixed an issue where certain particle effects were not being displayed (most noticeable when using certain weapons like the cannon)
• Improved ultrawide display support
• Added FOV slider in advanced graphics menu
• Added border artwork displayed during areas with locked aspect ratio when played in non-16:9 display modes
• Added Background audio slider in audio menu
• Added UI toggle in settings menu
• Added target monitor output selection option for multi monitor setups in advanced graphics menu
• Added support for QWERTZ and AZERTY keyboard layouts
• Fixed an issue where disconnecting a controller during conversation could cause a soft lock
• Fixed an issue where mouse cursor would be confined within application window while in menus
• Fixed an issue which could cause a crash when playing the fishing mini game
• Fixed an issue where the game could crash if the installation folder path includes a dot
• Improved behaviour of camera control when using a mouse to use raw mouse input
• Improved mouse scroll wheel behaviour
• Improved Alt+Tab behaviour

Sounds like a pretty big patch, and hopefully it really does the trick to fix the FMV skin/shadowing issues. Also hopefully it'll mean Kiwami won't have as many issues when it launches soon.

ezodagrom

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Heads up, another beta patch was just released:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/638970/discussions/0/1776010325134009474/

• Fixed an issue related to shaders and shadow rendering affecting lighting/skin tone (most noticeable during cut scene at the end of chapter 6)
• Fixed an issue where certain particle effects were not being displayed (most noticeable when using certain weapons like the cannon)
• Improved ultrawide display support
• Added FOV slider in advanced graphics menu
• Added border artwork displayed during areas with locked aspect ratio when played in non-16:9 display modes
• Added Background audio slider in audio menu
• Added UI toggle in settings menu
• Added target monitor output selection option for multi monitor setups in advanced graphics menu
• Added support for QWERTZ and AZERTY keyboard layouts
• Fixed an issue where disconnecting a controller during conversation could cause a soft lock
• Fixed an issue where mouse cursor would be confined within application window while in menus
• Fixed an issue which could cause a crash when playing the fishing mini game
• Fixed an issue where the game could crash if the installation folder path includes a dot
• Improved behaviour of camera control when using a mouse to use raw mouse input
• Improved mouse scroll wheel behaviour
• Improved Alt+Tab behaviour

Sounds like a pretty big patch, and hopefully it really does the trick to fix the FMV skin/shadowing issues. Also hopefully it'll mean Kiwami won't have as many issues when it launches soon.
An user in the community hub is also reporting that the beta patch removed Denuvo:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/638970/discussions/0/1776010325134009474/#c1776010325134152822

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but I was waiting for more confirmation before pointing that out. It'd be great if true. I think Kiwami isn't going to have Denuvo in it at all from day 1 (hopefully) so it'd make sense for it to be removed from 0 as well.