• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
48587661707_5cea1b63c0_o.png

PlayStation 4
Available now at $59.99 as part of a bundle with Yakuza 4 Remastered (October 29, 2019) and 5 Remastered (February 11, 2020). Not sold individually.
Physical release for Yakuza Remastered Collection on February 11, 2020.

The Yakuza Remastered Collection

Celebrate Kazuma Kiryus saga with the beautifully remastered Yakuza 3, 4, and 5. With restored content and updated localization in 1080p and 60fps, experience the complete Yakuza collection on one console for the first time in history. Yakuza 3 Remastered, available on August 20, 2019. Yakuza 4...

b0K4hb7.jpg

Thanks to Virtua Sanus for thread title.​

Last edited:

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Any tips or hints for first timers coming into Yakuza 3?

I've finished 6 and Judgment and barely got through 0 and Kiwami so I'm a while off jumping into 3 but figured I'd see if anyone has any advice specific to this game :)

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
RIKIYA! Super excited to revisit this one, and that slow burn at the Orphanage in the beginning is one of my favorites. So happy it's out! And with all the proper content!

tofaro28

Dec 17, 2018
Pretty nice, hopefully it arrives on other platforms. It would be interesting if you got to Switch.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
quick & dirty, just how i like em OP!

do not sleep on the side missions, some of the best story (particularly with supporting cast) happen there
also for the love of god, unless they change it, don't go for the plat
I tend to do the side content as it pops up (I finished Judgment at over 60 hours with 49/50 side cases done) so I'm all good on that front! And yeah, platinum is always off limits to me in a Yakuza game. I refuse to learn how to play Mahjong 8D

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Today my Yakuza ranking is like this

Yakuza 0
Yakuza 4
Ryu Ga Gotoku Kenzan!
Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza 2
Yakuza 5
Yakuza 3
Yakuza 1
Yakuza Dead Souls

But the remaster of 3 might put the game up a little bit like Kiwami did to Yakuza 1.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
So have we heard if this release will include the side content that was stripped out of the original western release?

people

Oct 27, 2017
New Options? (It's been a long time and too lazy to make/post screenshot)

Event Skip
Turn the ability to skip movie scenes on/off. Press the OPTIONS button during a scene to skip it.
English Karaoke Lyrics
While this is on, English translations of the original Japanese lyrics will display during karaoke. While off, the original Japanese lyrics will display with pronunciations underneath.

Also, bonus for having savedata from 'the Yakuza series*', Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise and Judgment
* I have saves for 0, 6, Kiwami 1+2

Last edited:

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
So have we heard if this release will include the side content that was stripped out of the original western release?

I think nearly all of that's back. I think whatever they cut from the Japanese PS4 remaster is not here either.

Unless I am mistaken, they've only removed a quiz show minigame because it depends upon late 2000's Japanese culture and the Michiru subquest because it was transphobic and something the team regrets even making. These don't exist in any PS4 release.

Somewhat related to the "topic" but does the PS4 remaster here have Fly or Loser as the opening song? Loser is the licensed song used in the JP opening, but I was curious to know if they're following Judgment's moves by including it instead of replacing it with an in-game track.

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
Man, can't wait to re-play this beauty. Loved all the Orphanage stuff, the kids really grew on me.

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Somewhat related, but I have never played a Yakuza game and want to jump in! I also saw this tweet from Wario64:

I already have the first Kiwami game (I think it was through PS+?), but if I don't have either 0 or Kiwami 2 this is a good deal right? It's not up on EU PSN yet. :(

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Well, that was the easiest $60 I've spent in a while. I wanted to play in chronological order so I made the difficult decision to wait on 6 and Judgment, and while the wait has been longer than expected, holy hell am I fiending for more Yakuza. Hilarious that they basically just sold me 5 games today (3-6 and Judgement).

As a relatively new Yakuza fan (since 0 in 2017), a sincere thanks to all you die-hards who continually singed these games' praises as it wore me down to take the plunge and I am so thankful. And holy shit, could you imagine being someone who JUST discovered 0 this year? What an embarrassment of riches that must be to have every damn game playable on the PS4 (and likely PC in the near future).

A general question about 3 - are there any missable cut scenes or broad tips to get the best out of a playthrough? Nothing spoilery, just a general "wish I would have known that" before starting type of suggestions.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Wow nice OP on short notice. You already know I'm back in for this at 1080P/60. 4 minutes left on my download.

I can't wait to fight not optional boss
Lau Ka Long
and kick his ass easily this time.

Ricitor

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing thread title. Already got it on the download and I'm eager for Yakuza 3 again.

Do we know if this a shared trophy list with the PS3 version or a separate one?

Phantom_Snake

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
Somewhat related, but I have never played a Yakuza game and want to jump in! I also saw this tweet from Wario64:

I already have the first Kiwami game (I think it was through PS+?), but if I don't have either 0 or Kiwami 2 this is a good deal right? It's not up on EU PSN yet. :(

I don't have the prices in front of me but I think you'll save $10 or $20. So yeah probably a good deal.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Huzaaahhh!

A full fledged Yakuza 3 after all these years with Mahjong, Shogi, massage parlor, cabaret girls, side missions, etc.

Except Answer x Answer though.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017

Ehh, maybe? Yakuza 0 is $12 right now and Kiwami 2 is currently $50 (going by USA prices). I swear Kiwami 2 has been on sale for MUCH cheaper than that in the past. On the other hand, it might not as readily go on sale because they might rather push people to this collection in the future. Also, if you don't keep Plus in the future, you'd still have Kiwami.

If I were you, I'd probably roll the dice and buy 0 for $12 right now (top 3 game of the generation for me) and play through that and Kiwami (play 0 first) and keep an eye on if Kiwami 2 ever goes on sale and jump on it. Also, many have said you can easily burn yourself out on Yakuza if you don't take a break in between games (more potential time for Kiwami 2 to go on sale). But on the other hand, $50 for the entire thing if you want it all now is outstanding as well. Either way you're doing well.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit they're going to include a Yakuza 5 PS3 case, I'm already sold. It bothered me so much that I had every Yakuza game physically except for 5 since it was digital only at release. Now I'll finally have the full collection.

Djost1kk

Jan 14, 2018
Russia
Damn this is amazing, can finally jump to Kiwami 2 and then 3, 4, 5 and 6. I played only Zero and Kiwami 1 so far l.

Should I play the Judgement too at some point?

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Shame on Sony for taking money for three titles while only shipping one
You probably intended to type Sega, right? This is published by them, as any other Yakuza before.

Damn this is amazing, can finally jump to Kiwami 2 and then 3, 4, 5 and 6. I played only Zero and Kiwami 1 so far l.

Should I play the Judgement too at some point?
Yes, it's another good effort by the studio. Besides, it might be refreshing to go for it sooner rather than later. You have still many Yakuza entries ahead of you, and at some point you could need a break from Kazuma and Co.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So one of the big inclusions to this particular version of the remaster is the fact that side stories should show up on the map now. Remember people - side stories are missable this go around so don't assume you can just leave them until later. While I have no full list of missable side stories, the ones that should definitely be missable are the Haruka and Rikiya side stories, so any time you get the opportunity to walk around with them, be sure to check for side stories. Haruka should have 2? (or was it 3, hard to say as two are related to Akimoto and were originally cut) and Rikiya definitely has two.

Trophy wise - there is a missable trophy to do with the No.1 Hostess Girl maker - you need to get the best possible rating on service by setting the girls makeup, outfit etc. perfectly. No idea how to do that though, its the one trophy I couldn't get. Oh, and enjoy the evil that is Mini Game Master ;)

Aurc - You outdid yourself with that thread title, got a legit laugh from me :)

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
After finally playing through the first games, I really should play Yakuza 3. I feel I will understand more and some scenes will be more impactful to me now.

Also, I will now hate more that Kaoru it's just shipped away and never returns ever again

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so excited this is out, I can't wait to play it when i finish the other yakuza games.