• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Day 1 edition will include artbook.
No idea on why the early release but almost every store in Malaysia got it today.

29365672_10156154289433700_8841173381198905344_n.jpg

Edit:

Digital released.
https://store.playstation.com/en-my/product/UP0177-CUSA09032_00-ASIA000000000000

Last edited:

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
RIP
Seriously, who fucked up so bad to make this release 3 days before GOW.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Why did this get delayed here Sega of America? I feel it is the special editions but that would be a real lame excuse.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it got delayed to avoid competition with other titles...but its release date still puts it in competition with God of War so I'm not saying it was a smart decisions necessarily. That or they needed an extra month for production reasons

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
At this point they might as well release it here now just like it was originally planned lol.

5Twist

Oct 27, 2017
Sega should really try to move Yakuza 6 up so that it's right between NNK2 and God of War. 3 days before GOW is not smart.

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This release has been a complete disaster for Sega. At this point they have no one but themselves to blame if it underperforms over here when people can just import a copy and play it in English. Or even just make a HK account and play it.

Just maddening as a fan of the series.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
This release has been a complete disaster for Sega. At this point they have no one but themselves to blame if it underperforms over here when people can just import a copy and play it in English.
SEGA boards meeting in late 2018:

"Yakuza 6 is underperforming in the West and the reason is still unknown. It's unfortunate, but I guess we should stop localizing the franchise."

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why was this even delayed...

Liam-Neeson.gif

Like, obviously there's a reason, but there isn't any I can see now.
There's rumors that it was due to the US special edition hitting bumps in production.

I mean that edition looks swag as all hell, but they should have just put out a letter explaining that they couldn't get it out in time and changed the edition to remove the stuff that didn't make it in with maybe a coupon to get it free when they got done.

Delaying it to when they did and putting out the Asian version like this is just flabbergasting. Not even mentioning the leaked build of the game....

OP
OP
MattAces

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
There's rumors that it was due to the US special edition hitting bumps in production.

I mean that edition looks swag as all hell, but they should have just put out a letter explaining that they couldn't get it out in time and changed the edition to remove the stuff that didn't make it in with maybe a coupon to get it free when they got done.

Delaying it to when they did and putting out the Asian version like this is just flabbergasting. Not even mentioning the leaked build of the game....
Not only that, the lack of communication from PlayStation Asia is a nightmare too. Nobody knows about this early release. Some store were surprised to see it arriving early too.

Deleted member 2618

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's something I can easily believe. I'd be way more understanding about this whole thing if they just gave a reason. At this point it looks really bad. The full game was accidentally uploaded in the demo, reviews are now out, and the same version of the game itself is out in a different region a whole month earlier. I preordered the After Hours edition. Assuming the rumor is true, I really hope that the stuff in it is still a quality product, because the lack of any statement and now this rumor makes me worried.

Still keeping that preorder because I want that artbook.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
Sega: Yay, Yakuza 6 on March 20th!

Game Industry: Oh hey, sure let's release like a dozen games in the back half of March!

Sega: Oh no! Our game will be assuredly destroyed during this time frame. Let's push it back a month.

Sony: So. God of War. April 20th. We out bitches!

Sega: Fuck. Let's just low key release it SOMEWHERE in March.

Green Marine

Oct 25, 2017
El Paso
RIP
Seriously, who fucked up so bad to make this release 3 days before GOW.

Lol.

Well, good luck releasing right by God of War here.

I would be scratching my head if it were anyone other than Sega. But Kiwami 2 already has a release date, so it isn't the fans of the franchise that will suffer this time like Dead Souls causing a several year Yakuza 5 delay. I'll probably just play both games over the summer.

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
When I saw this release advertised on my Facebook feed my jaw dropped.

Immediately sent a PM to my game store guy to grab me a copy with the artbook and poster. Between this and the Nintendo direct later, its gonna be an awesome night!

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why it was delayed, the game was ready and there have been almost no games released this month.. The only truly big release is Far Cry 5 for PS4. Good luck going against GoW which has huge appeal across all gamers. There was like nothing the first half of March.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
At this point they might as well release it here now just like it was originally planned lol.
It's making less and less sense why it was delayed in the first place.

New release date next to god of war 4, then releasing the whole game as a demo, and now this?

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017

Where did that rumor come from?

If you mean those glasses limited edition, well...I really want it lol so I have both that and the launch edition preordered so instead of axing it I'd rather they just delay the limited edition and get the regular game out on time

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
Any chance the (English version) game releases in the US early due to other regions already breaking the street date?

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Wait what. Will check my local retailer later. I was expecting to only get Ni No Kuni this week too. I'm sorry wallet.

Oct 25, 2017
From the looks of things it doesn't seem as though the yakuza games get released in English on the Hong Kong store which is a shame because I have credit on my hk account.