Yakuza 6 is coming to PC according to SEGA fiscal report

Oct 25, 2017
Bah. They are doing things in PS4 port order then. I was so hoping that Kiwami 2 would be next. Never mind, I loved 6 so of course I'll get it. And now with a better frame rate? Faster loading? Proper music for vital scenes put back into the English release via modding? Yes please to all.

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly never thought I'd see the day Yakuza made its way to PC. Trying out Yakuza 0 at 3440x1440 and 100fps was amazing. Will be picking up every single entry that comes to PC despite already playing them on PS4.

Oct 25, 2017
That's a bit dumb if they're releasing it soon. You need Kiwami 2 and the remasters of 3, 4 and 5 first. Then release 6.

No point buying 6 right now, you must play the games in order to understand them.

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
*Pretends to be shocked* Lol.

I bet Kiwami 2 and all the HD remasters that are soon coming will be too, it's great to see!
While I couldn't care less about Yakuza 1 HD, it'd be neat to get the original Yakuza 2 (Or to be more precise: Gimme Yakuza 1+2 HD fam)

ara

Oct 26, 2017
That's a bit dumb if they're releasing it soon. You need Kiwami 2 and the remasters of 3, 4 and 5 first. Then release 6.

No point buying 6 right now, you must play the games in order to understand them.
I disagree. The stories are usually pretty self-contained, all things considered.

That said, I do agree that the PC releases should probably follow the chronological order.

Either way, I'll buy every single Yakuza on PC day one.

Oct 25, 2017
UK
4playernetwork.com
While I couldn't care less about Yakuza 1 HD, it'd be neat to get the original Yakuza 2 (Or to be more precise: Gimme Yakuza 1+2 HD fam)
Oh, I was referring to the ones that are coming to PS4 soon (remasters of 3, 4 and 5).

HD remasters of 1 & 2 I don't see happening because of Kiwami 1 & 2.

Oct 27, 2017
That means being able to play 6 in 60fps? If my laptop plugged into my TV can handle it, I might get it on PC instead of PS4.

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Oh, I was referring to the ones that are coming to PS4 soon (remasters of 3, 4 and 5).

HD remasters of 1 & 2 I don't see happening because of Kiwami 1 & 2.
Remind me if Kiwami 2 has any major differences to the original game? I know it's a remake that expands stuff, but I dunno, I just really want to experience the original version of the game :P

Oct 25, 2017
A version without terrible screen tearing? Sign me up.

Oh man, if this can run at 60FPS...
PS4 Pro already got rid of the screen tearing. Thankfully they fixed screen tearing on the dragon engine for Kiwami 2 on base consoles as yeah it was awful in the vids I've seen of 6 (I got a Pro to specifically avoid that issue as it'd be ultra distracting).

I'd like 1HD as well for completeness. Some soundtrack changes were done on Kiwami and a couple of side stories were changed/removed in favour of arguably better ones, but it'd be nice to have the entire series (spinoffs and all) on the PC eventually natively. Else at least you can emulate most of the other games, even Kenzan is coming along great on the PS3 emu (and they are working on modding in English language support).

Oct 26, 2017
And here i was in the addicition thread about buying too many games.

Yakuza 6 is going to run damn fine on your average gtx 970 PC given Yakuza 0, yeah i know 0 is a different engine. Im playing it on OG ps4 now and its kind of technically disappointing with a ton of aliasing and thats going to be all removed running at native resolution with even better lighting and smoke everywhere.

Oct 25, 2017
UK
4playernetwork.com
Remind me if Kiwami 2 has any major differences to the original game? I know it's a remake that expands stuff, but I dunno, I just really want to experience the original version of the game :P
There's a few missing substories and music tracks that are missing from Kiwami 2 that are only in Yakuza 2.

Pretty sure they removed a small area near the end of the story too that's only in Yakuza 2. (Story takes place in existing areas instead in Kiwami 2)

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe it took them this long. It has been requested for years and now all of a sudden the floodgates are open. Wonder what happened.

Nov 24, 2017
Dragon Engine with no limits. Dear God...

I am still working on getting a platinum on the PlayStation 4 version! I absolutely adored this game and think it might be my favorite in the series (which is a tough list, trust me!), but I cannot see myself buying this day one due to money constraints. I absolutely will support it down the line though.

Absolutely in for Kiwami 2 and Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise on PC day one if they happen though (they probably are on the way).

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
User Warned: Port-begging.
Don't take this as port-begging but it would be cool if they also released them on Switch and Xbox eventually.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Don't take this as port-begging but it would be cool if they also released them on Switch and Xbox eventually.
While I personally don't see the existing games being ported to Xbox, it's possible that the new games moving forward might be multi-platform right from the get go.

smuf

Oct 27, 2017
That's great. Too bad I've already started playing it on PS4, the framerate there definitely drags it down coming from 0 and Kiwami.

I'll hold off on getting Kiwami 2 on PS4 since this seems to become a trend.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

Nope, you only really need to play 0 and 1 before 6, both of which will be out on PC before 6 gets released.

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Thatd still be seen as port begging but i feel ya holmes
Errbody needs to experience the love of SUCCESSFUL NAGOSHI-ATION