• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Who cares about Yakuza on PC, i want my dancing persona waifu's in 4K.
But this would be cool if true.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
There's a few missing substories and music tracks that are missing from Kiwami 2 that are only in Yakuza 2.

Pretty sure they removed a small area near the end of the story too that's only in Yakuza 2. (Story takes place in existing areas instead in Kiwami 2)

Best way to explain the changes:
https://www.resetera.com/posts/10329420/

Your missing almost nothing from the cut side stories from 2. 90% of them were generic stuff that people complained about in Kiwami for being shallow and without any real plot other than "go here, punch this guy". Now the Club Adam stuff being cut is really annoying, as I loved that bit :(

Yippiekai

The Fallen
May 28, 2018
Toulouse, France
So we will be able to play Yakuza 6 with those sweet unlocked FPS?
And a port of Kiwami 2 could also be expected?

Count me in.

Nope, you only really need to play 0 and 1 before 6, both of which will be out on PC before 6 gets released.

Well, not really. You can play 6 without 2 to 5 but being a direct continuation of 5, it doesn't really help. That said, there are recaps for all episodes so it's indeed doable.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, glad I held off on it. It was due to franchise fatigue but by the time this comes over I should be ready for more Yakuza.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Don't take this as port-begging but it would be cool if they also released them on Switch and Xbox eventually.
I would hope for the same too, but Dragon Engine games will just not be viable at all on Nintendo Switch.

I could see Nintendo Switch getting it's own Yakuza spinoff game though eventually... Maybe!

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Persona and SMT next and PC has every franchise that's not a 1st party exclusive.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UmeĂĄ, Sweden
Swag.

So, for the PC crowd, hows the prospects of a Kiwami 2-5? Personally, I can survive as I do have access to a PS3 and PS4 to play the rest of the series, but I'd love to see that it gets a full complement on the PC too.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I would hope for the same too, but Dragon Engine games will just not be viable at all on Nintendo Switch.

I could see Nintendo Switch getting it's own Yakuza spinoff game though eventually... Maybe!
That's what I think will happen as well. Sega said recently they had no plans for Switch Yakuza yet, but they said the same about PC releases and now we have the series coming to the PC so who knows what to believe!

Swag.

So, for the PC crowd, hows the prospects of a Kiwami 2-5?

Outlook is good at the moment. If 6 comes across there's no reason Kiwami 2 won't come as well. And I don't see Sega not localising 3-5 PS4 ports and releasing them on PS4 and PC next year.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Nope, you only really need to play 0 and 1 before 6, both of which will be out on PC before 6 gets released.
Sounds perfect to me. I've been holding out on playing the Kiwami ones and 6 because I'm not sure if I want to wait that long until they release the Kiwami or remastered of Yakuza 3 to 5 to understand the story.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I mean, when they announced 0 and Kiwami, it was pretty clear that the other Yakuza games will follow suit at a later date, especially with the remasters upcoming, but a confirmation is good nonetheless.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
So as a PC only player atm, let's say I've played 0, 1 and 2. Is it possible to jump to 6 after that?

Edit:

I see someone answered this already, but why are 3,4 and 5 skippable?

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
So as a PC only player atm, let's say I've played 0, 1 and 2. Is it possible to jump to 6 after that?

Highly inadvisable. Yakuza 6 starts immediately after the end of Yakuza 5.

Sega should do nothing short of releasing all the games in sequential order; they'd be doing a disservice to the games by doing anything else.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Highly inadvisable. Yakuza 6 starts immediately after the end of Yakuza 5.

Sega should do nothing short of releasing all the games in sequential order; they'd be doing a disservice to the games by doing anything else.

Ok then, that makes sense. Hopefully the whole series will come eventually.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Really hope this happens - means I can keep my PS4 After Hours edition sealed and get the game on PC instead where it'll probably run better.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Finally! 6 really needed a PC port considering the plethora of technical issues it has on the base PS4 and it's great to see that we might get it soon.

I'm guessing this'll come out sometime in 2019? Apparently the 0 and Kiwami ports were in development for a year so could we expect something similar for 6?

8bit

Oct 27, 2017

Edit:

I see someone answered this already, but why are 3,4 and 5 skippable?

Just off the top of my head the end of 5 runs directly into the beginning of 6, so that's not really good advice.

The games do recap the events of the previous entries, but there is value in playing them in order if you can.

faced

Dec 17, 2017
I will not buy Y6 or Kiwami 2 until they come to something where they don't run like shit

So, for the PC crowd, hows the prospects of a Kiwami 2-5? Personally, I can survive as I do have access to a PS3 and PS4 to play the rest of the series, but I'd love to see that it gets a full complement on the PC too.

1 and 2 are very old PS2 games which is why they needed total remakes. From what everyone has been saying the Yakuza 0 engine is so similar to Yakuza 3-5 that they could just be HDified and probably be playable enough. I imagine Yakuza 7 will be in the new engine with new characters

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Really hope 5 makes its way over first. The only sequential one I haven't got around to! Allow hooking up the PS3 man...

zeox

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Finally! 6 really needed a PC port considering the plethora of technical issues it has on the base PS4 and it's great to see that we might get it soon.

I'm guessing this'll come out sometime in 2019? Apparently the 0 and Kiwami ports were in development for a year so could we expect something similar for 6?

Holy crap this looks so good. The lighting is just incredible!

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Holy shieet..bought it day 1 but still haven't played it because of aliasing issues on ps4. Can't wait

AVtechNICK

Dec 13, 2017
More Yakuza on PC is always welcome, but I also hope that one day Sega will deliver the second part of this.
c0117dcb84e339e6667af0dca9affa425d9d9818dc0a599bedce3d549ec5078a.png

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Don't take this as port-begging but it would be cool if they also released them on Switch and Xbox eventually.
Feels like most japanese games went to PC instead of Xbox this gen.
The rise of PC gaming is real. Everything that's not a Nintendo or Sony produced exclusive seems to get a PC port eventually these days..

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap this looks so good. The lighting is just incredible!
Yakuza 6 looks SO MUCH BETTER than the other games. Some nice quality of life improvements too. Being able to walk around in first person is lovely.

The only downsides are the relative lack of content compared to other games and the shaky technical implementation on PS4 (inconsistent framerate). A PC port would probably solve the second issue.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Well, if this is true then I have no reason to ever buy PS4 (UC4 and TLoU 2 will be missed though).

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
But I don't want to play 6 until I play the rest, right? What about 3, 4 and 5?
If this is to be believed, they seem to be porting them in the order they are being released on PS4. So after 6 it'll probably be Kiwami 2, then after that it'll be the remasters of 3-5. I was hoping they'd release them in order but this is better than nothing.

The remasters of 3-5 also haven;t received any official word of English localisation even though it seems all but confirmed already. So we'll probably be waiting until the end of the year (maybe longer) before we get confirmation of those being brought across to either PS4 or PC.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
As a mostly PC only player, obviously this is great but I'm hoping they put the games quickly out in an order that works for new players so I can catch up. So Kiwami 2 next

This is purely port begging.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I know it will eventually come since 0 and Kiwami 1 are on it now.

But whats with the mention of Persona dancing games and the release dates? It says 2019 but the release dates say 2018???

Didnt the persona dancing games come out already?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Unless it's coming Q1 2019, where it will be destroyed by REmake 2 and DMC5 :/
PS4 version was released 2 days before GOW and actually ended up setting a record of all time best overseas Yakuza sales according to Zhuge in the NPD thread for that month. It'll be ok. Sega can't organise a release date for anything, I think it was 3 that was released the same day as Final Fantasy XIII back in the day... PS4 version of 0 was released on the same day as Resident Evil 7. Kiwami 2 is a week after Shenmue and a week or two before Spider-Man....

convo

Oct 25, 2017

What does that matter now though? The whole series will eventually get on PC , and then people can choose to get into the series whenever, on sale even. What matters is they'll have the option. People got into Zero or Nier a year or more after they came out and continue to spread the good word even now. Competing for the charts is not relevant.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Don't jinx it!
But whats with the mention of Persona dancing games and the release dates? It says 2019 but the release dates say 2018???

Didnt the persona dancing games come out already?
If I'm not mistaken those are og releases. So for Yakuza 6 it's the western release on PS4 and for the dance games it's their JP release.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Sooo with remaster of 3 4 and 5 coming... That could be the entire kiryu saga available on PC...

Thats amazing. Hope if gives the series a second wind and a well deserved success