Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Via Gematsu:
Sega will release the paid downloadable content "Additional Challenge Expansion Pack" for Yakuza: Like a Dragon "soon" in Japan, which will add additional challenge elements such as "New Game Plus" and a "High Difficulty Mode" limited to a second playthrough, the company announced.

Disappointing to hear, considering it was free in the past.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
hmm, probably the first decision Team RGG have made that I fundamentally oppose.

NG+ shouldn't be a paid option. I hope this is remedied by the US release.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Very dissapointing the studio is doing that, I can understand extra costumes and stuff at best, but major series features as paid DLC is a no no for me.

lucablight

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this gets major backlash and the publisher cops it. This is just pure greed. Plain and simple.

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I really don't like how much they are trying to sell as dlc this time. The employees for the business minigame were expected, as they also sold overpowered characters for the clan creator before, but paid day 1 dlc jobs and now paid dlc of content, which has been in every single Yakuza game til now, is going too far.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Next we can look forward to extra Save Files being sold to us.

I hope there's enough outcry that they walk this back. If they want to sell extra content as DLC, fine. They can get their creative juices flowing and think of something else. But not shit like this.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
"Damn I hate this decision that Sega has made" says Resetera User Derachi as he knows full-well that he's going to pay for this in the North American release like a complete sucker.

Johannes

Oct 28, 2017
Has there been impressions whether the game has challenging combats on the harder (unpaid) difficulty setting? I think in 8-4 Play podcast someone mentioned that the basic combats aren't that hard, but then again I might remember wrong + it might have been Normal difficulty.

Still somewhat annoying news. NG+ is one of the game mods I wish every game has. Hopefully they backpedal this one, since I can't see myself supporting this.

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Has there been impressions whether the game has challenging combats on the harder (unpaid) difficulty setting? I think in 8-4 Play podcast someone mentioned that the basic combats aren't that hard, but then again I might remember wrong + it might have been Normal difficulty.

Still somewhat annoying news. NG+ is one of the game mods I wish every game has. Hopefully they backpedal this one, since I can't see myself supporting this.
There are no difficulty modes in the base game and besides one difficulty spike, everything is pretty easy including the post game challenge.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Is this the legend difficulty or something else? If it's legend that's bullshit since the entire fucking series unlocks it immediatly after beating the game, for free.

Well, atleast no legend difficulty trophy if that's the case, I guess. Easy platinum. 🤷‍♀️

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Guess is their way to recoup costs as they made an entirely new location for this Yakuza.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
ElpvPeX.jpg

Johannes

Oct 28, 2017
There are no difficulty modes in the base game and besides one difficulty spike, everything is pretty easy including the post game challenge.
Well that sucks. I realize this sounds hyperbolic but now I'm wondering whether or not I would even pick this up. Turn based games are my favorite ones, but at the same time I can't find them enjoyable if the difficulty is non-existent such as in Mario + Rabbids or South Park games.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Yeah as a long time Yakuza fan, this is a joke. 7 keeps having stuff that irks me which is a shame. Feels like the series and me are going our separate ways.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
lmao this kind of ''dlc'' reminds me of last gen. Man, it was awful every second publisher charging for stuff that should have been available on disc.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
learning the wrong lessons from Nintendo here, this is a terrible decision by them.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Why the fuck did they decide on this

edit: I know, I know. Money. Still a dumb decision.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Depending on the time spent creating this, and it's cost, the developers should be compensated for their work.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Who would f'n pay for that? Features that barely anyone of the hardcore fanbase use in general.

We have 2020, it was never easier to say "Well, I have 25 games on my current pile and at least 3 new awesome games are coming out in the next week, I guess I'm fine with moving on."

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
New difficulty only when you finish the game and paid dlc ? Nonono we have to do something should be available right from the begining where we go to make pression, im serious.

Oct 27, 2017
We expecting Y7 to hit the west in 2021? January would be great imo. But 6 came out in April right? So winter or spring would be really good. Just started 4, looking forward to playing rest of series

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
We expecting Y7 to hit the west in 2021? January would be great imo. But 6 came out in April right? So winter or spring would be really good. Just started 4, looking forward to playing rest of series
They already said it would be released in the west this year. I'm expecting this paid DLC to be free in the west, as well since they've done that before with DLC Japan had to pay for.

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck this shit. I will for sure not buy this game day 1. Maybe in a deep sale.

I am a fan of this series, but not dumb enough to support these kinds of decisions. I was already disappointed with the change of combat so this is like a salt on the wound.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
The franchise faces declining sales in Japan so it feels like it is their way to milk the core fanbase. Disappointing, hoping they'll be able to turn the ship around.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Fuck this shit. I will for sure not buy this game day 1. Maybe in a deep sale.

I am a fan of this series, but not dumb enough to support these kinds of decisions. I was already disappointed with the change of combat so this is like a salt on the wound.
They've often added DLCs that were sold for the JP/Asian versions for free in the western release, wouldn't surprise me if this were one of them.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Can we please get away from the lazy style of DLC where we strip basic mechanics from games and sell them back to consumers? Please?

Sell additional cosmetic shit, sell stuff you can already unlock in the game, or sell new content.

OP
OP
Naga

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Sega does what Nintendo.
Lol

It doesn't really get harder, more longer (damage sponge).
If you try the demo, you can see how the game system is pretty basic and without much depth anyway.

Oct 27, 2017
They've often added DLCs that were sold for the JP/Asian versions for free in the western release, wouldn't surprise me if this were one of them.
Really? Are you thinking of the outfits and stuff you can find in Yakuza 3-5 after you finish the game? If that's the case then I guess I learned sommething new.

That said, I don't doubt they would sell them any way. After all, Judgment had dlc, same with 6 and Kiwami 2 clan creator dlcs.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza usually has a bunch of bad paid DLCs in Japan. Hopefully they'll add this to the western version as a free update. I'm still mad about the paid Saori DLC for Judgment.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This feels like something that slipped out of the timestream seven years ago to get here.

Not cool.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Would be nice if they had added the difficulty via a patch for free. Horizon and Spider-man did this and even Judge Eyes over in Japan did it as well with a easier setting known as Extra Easy for less skill players like me (West got it too day 1 known as Simple over here) but instead they do this. Sigh...
www.4gamer.net

「JUDGE EYES:死神の遺言」が本日発売。難易度“EXTRA EASY”の追加や回復アイテムなどがもらえる無料のDLCも配信

セガゲームスは本日,俳優でアーティストの木村拓哉さんが主役を演じるリーガルサスペンスアクション「JUDGE EYES:死神の遺言」を発売した。価格は通常版,ダウンロード版ともに8290円(税別)だが,今後配信される全DLCがセットになったデジタルデラックス版も1万1290円(税別)で用意されている。