• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

Information incoming.

Edit:
Here's the full title.
龍が如く7 光と闇の行方
Ryu ga Gotoku 7 Hikari to Yami no Yukue
That's literally "The location/whereabouts of light and darkness."

I'm reading the Japanese Famitsu info, and all it added is that it takes place in Yokohama and stars Ichiban Kasuga.

Turn based combat clip from Qvoth

Release date is Jan 16th in Japan and later in 2020 for US.

One more edit for the video:

Based on the video, it sounds to me like the area will be based on Yokohama's Isezakicho.

Last edited:

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
So uh, is this what we previously knew of as "Shin RGG", or is this something else entirely?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I mean, I should've never doubted it would continue haha
Sweet.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

Translation is something like "Yakuza 7: The road of light and dark" or something like that

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
uF9vdmD.gif

GReeeeN

Senior Analyst at GSD
Verified
Mar 6, 2018
Well the tweet says the protagonist is Ichiban Kasuga.

Assuming it will follow the clan's story lines, mixing in a bit of what happened with Kiru.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Yakuza 7: My Son Can Wait I'm Gonna Save This Fucking Dog First

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Hmm, I don't know which of these threads came first, so I'll say it here to. Bring it on Sega. Put it in my veins.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
In the trailer there is a line from Ichiban saying "Like Dragon Quest"
Apparently Ichiban loves Dragon Quest...
And obviously they did get permission for Horii Yuji to put this.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see a new one coming. Finished Zero a few weeks back, just have 6 full mainline games to catch up.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
So anyone remember that JRPG Yakuza April Fools "joke"? With the lead liking games, and DQ in particular, it makes me wonder how they're going to incorporate that mode into the game.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Looks like the turn-based action from the April Fools day thing is actually gonna be in the game

It looked way too good for a simple April Fools joke so I'm glad to see it rear its head

EDHGJuNU4AAkSGC.jpg

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope that they came with a title aa good as "Song of Life"

Must be my favorite subtitle ever because it fits that particular game (and kiryu for the matter) so well

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Wasn't this announced what feels like decades ago? I guess this is just about making it #7 for reals. I dunno why they'd do that since its supposed ta be something of a fresh start where going back to no number "1" would make alot of sense.

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
I don't really like Ichiban's design but I'll still play it cause it'll be heckin' good.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Good timing, I bought Yakuza 0 on sale today.

Not sure what I'm in for, first time playing the series.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Looks like the turn-based action from the April Fools day thing is actually gonna be in the game

It looked way too good for a simple April Fools joke so I'm glad to see it rear its head

EDHGJuNU4AAkSGC.jpg
Yeah I expected that. That's actually tame by Yakuza standards.

My main hope is that they don't completely ditch Kiryu's supporting cast.

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't this announced what feels like decades ago? I guess this is just about making it #7 for reals. I dunno why they'd do that since its supposed ta be something of a fresh start where going back to no number "1" would make alot of sense.

Yes this is the same game announced years ago, which was Shin RGG, basically New Yakuza. This is just them calling it 7 proper now.