• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Bought 0 back in June and instantly fell in love. Kiwami was pretty good as a slightly reworked update of an older title, and Kiwami 2 looks fantastic.

I finally picked up a PS3 about a month ago, so at some point between now and March I plan on marathoning 3-5 to catch up.

I'm going through 3 right now. It's a welcome change graphically from 2, but obviously feels significantly more stiff and less well rounded than 0 and Kiwami. I expected it though.

How do 4 & 5 play? Is it pretty much the same or did they tighten up the controls and make it feel a bit less janky?

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Still have to finish zero.
Im pretty close to the end, and my impressions couldn't be better. So over the top at times, love it.

Also, breaking the laaaawww!

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
I'm going through 3 right now. It's a welcome change graphically from 2, but obviously feels significantly more stiff and less well rounded than 0 and Kiwami. I expected it though.

How do 4 & 5 play? Is it pretty much the same or did they tighten up the controls and make it feel a bit less janky?

I played them a long time ago so I don't remember very well but I think some improvement has been made, expecially on 5.

D-Man

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_inline_oyehv8txda1tmjfiq_540.png

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is making me remember that I bought Kiwami and got sidetracked from playing it because Ys and Destiny 2 came out.

It's weird...I don't think I enjoy it as much as Zero. Something about it just feels a little less consistent, which I guess isn't a huge surprise since it's a remake of a really old game. The 6 demo (and Ishin, for that matter) was way better than what I've played of Kiwami so far.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is making me remember that I bought Kiwami and got sidetracked from playing it because Ys and Destiny 2 came out.

It's weird...I don't think I enjoy it as much as Zero. Something about it just feels a little less consistent, which I guess isn't a huge surprise since it's a remake of a really old game. The 6 demo (and Ishin, for that matter) was way better than what I've played of Kiwami so far.
It's not that weird really. 0 is peak Yakuza while Kiwami, while still good and an improvement over the original, is a budget release that takes advantage of heavy reuse of assets and mechanics from 0.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Hey there! New to this topic. I went through Yakuza 0 this year, was my first game in the series and absolutely loved it. I'm about halfway through Kiwami atm and really digging it! No arcade games has me trippin' tho, where my OutRun at?

They stored all the arcade machines away for 30 odd years ready to add them back into 6's arcade ;) Its such a pity that Kiwami's arcade is so barebones, where as Yakuza 6 (for all its complaints about being stripped back on content) has the best arcade of the series yet - all the arcade machines from 0 return (now with multiple cabs with difficulty options) and you also get Puyo Puyo and Virtua Fighter 5 FS. And Kiwami 2 is looking pretty good as well.

get ready for incoming Kiwami 2 and Hoto ga Gotoku 1- 2 combo

Totally ready for that. Its why I'm on a schedule for my English Kiwami run, making sure I have Kiwami 2 started as soon as its released so I can be ready for FOTNS release as well!

JustZisGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished 0 and planning on finishing as much of the series as I can before 6 drops. Is there a recommended order or can you pretty much pick and choose?

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so ready for more Yakuza I could scream, my only conundrum is if I should wait for at least Kiwami 2 before plunging into 6. I missed when the other Yakuza's were PS Plus (I even HAD PS Plus at the time, UGH) so all I've got is 0 and Kiwami

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One day, ill actually not suck at the batting cage minigame

Finished Yakuza 0. I skipped through most of Majima's stuff since while i enjoy the character, playing as him was kinda a chore. Did close to everything with Kiryu though. The ending cutscene is 100% perfect

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Majima parts are the best of the game actually
I loved his story. The ups and downs, the characters he meets, his reactions are truly the best. I just don't like fighting as him. I also did not like fighting as Tanimura and Shinada. The Shinada fight against Baba is still my least favorite boss fight in Yakuza

Deleted member 4378

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza 3 wasn't the best in the series, but playing through Zero & Kiwami this year, I kinda miss Okinawa. Hope they bring it back some day in another game.

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
I loved his story. The ups and downs, the characters he meets, his reactions are truly the best. I just don't like fighting as him. I also did not like fighting as Tanimura and Shinada. The Shinada fight against Baba is still my least favorite boss fight in Yakuza

I can agree on that. More on Tanimura & Shinada but well, speaking about battles I prefer Kiryu over Majima too.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
All thanks go rob Son of Sparda and the rest of the mod team. I made the channel per his request and after that it was the great Yakuza Community that handled the rest. Glad I could help. I'll be popping in here periodically as I beat more Yakuza games lol

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I must have had the most uneventful Mahjong games today in all of Yakuza history... Its not even that I lost badly (I barely lost) but its more that it went 10? matches with no winner in around 7-8 of the matches... seriously dragged for what felt like hours!

On the bright side I've managed to clear lots of the Majima Anywhere stuff so I'm pretty up to date with that side of things, and I'm making decent head way with the rest of the mini games/side content. I'm assuming I should be able to get this 100%ed much faster than most other Yakuza games. Just heading toward Purgatory now, so I'm hoping to have most of the side content unlocked soon, so I can finally hit up the gambling mini games sooner rather than later. Pocket Racing still proves to be the most addictive of the newer mini games to play, getting the right settings on a car and lapping the competition is really satisfying! Though I'll always have a sweet spot for the UFO Catcher, especially when I manage to score 2 toys at once! Even Mesuking proves to be somewhat entertaining, though I'm currently trying to track down more cards before putting too much time into it just so I can have an overpowered character to clear most of the side stories relating to it quickly.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Man what a process :) like waiting in line for an iphone (except this time it was like waiting with Gaffers/era-ers).