• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Yeah, sounds about right. Its definitely badly paced at points. With some high highs and low lows.

I not know if I love Part 2 or hate it so far. I'm still reeling from the story bombs that keep dropping.

I changed my my mind, definitively. How can anyone NOT love a part where you

FIGHT A FUCKING GIANT BEAR WOOOOO hahaha this is amazing I love Yakuza so much. I love that they were warned by Himuri beforehand. Seriously though, I didn't like the memories part so much, but the fights and the heavy story part are ace.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I changed my my mind, definitively. How can anyone NOT love a part where you

FIGHT A FUCKING GIANT BEAR WOOOOO hahaha this is amazing I love Yakuza so much. I love that they were warned by Himuri beforehand. Seriously though, I didn't like the memories part so much, but the fights and the heavy story part are ace.

There we go. I wondered if you'd done that bit yet. That whole end is just awesome - you got the big jailbreak and fight against Kugihara (a character I really like, both here and in Ishin), then the snowmobile bit, then the bear knuckle bear brawl. Lol, that's Yakuza for sure!

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
So the hunting side stuff looks real cool but I'm so intensely needing to know what happens next with the main plot that I see myself not doing much of it tonight when I get home.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, keep in mind you can return to it later, and that the last chapter of Saejima's part is jam packed with other content. Personally though, I spent a good 10 hours on that chapter just doing hunting stuff non stop until I had nothing else to do!

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
I hope we get at least one of the remasters in the West before Judgement comes out here. Next week will be 7 months since the PS4 Yakuza 3 came out in Japan. I'm really hoping for a physical release as well.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I see it as unlikely. We have no date or even confirmation the remasters are coming out in English yet Judgment just got a whole heap of previews yesterday. At this point maybe an E3 announcement for them, but I still think we might not hear anything until 5 is out in Japan.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Yakuza 3-5 Collection: Starring Taichi (best orphan) and other shirtless geezers.
371498397921705997.png

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza: The "we're not doing anymore Kiwami versions" collection

...I'd kill for a Kiwami version of Binary Domain though.

If they called it the "we're not doing anymore Kiwami versions" collection I bet the first post in the announcement/OT thread would be "are these remade like Kiwami 1 and 2". No doubts.

For Binary Domain - try the PC version. Its not really a remaster, but the better res and FPS really do it justice. Its one of the reasons I want to eventually get my PC working proper again just so I can replay the game.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If they called it the "we're not doing anymore Kiwami versions" collection I bet the first post in the announcement/OT thread would be "are these remade like Kiwami 1 and 2". No doubts.

For Binary Domain - try the PC version. Its not really a remaster, but the better res and FPS really do it justice. Its one of the reasons I want to eventually get my PC working proper again just so I can replay the game.
I have it on PC, I bought it on all three platforms, hahahaha...who wouldn't want to see a Dragon Engine rendered Cain?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more of a Big Bo guy ;) But yeah, a prettier version of Binary Domain with better physics would be awesome. Or even just a sequel, or just a sign of a pulse, that game was too good to just be discarded like it did :(

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
I had all these big plans to advance the Y5 plot last night but then I spent like 3 hours in Part 2 Chapter 4 drinking and playing billiards as Saejima. Yakuza minigames can make the best laid plans go awry..

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I had all these big plans to advance the Y5 plot last night but then I spent like 3 hours in Part 2 Chapter 4 drinking and playing billiards as Saejima. Yakuza minigames can make the best laid plans go awry..
Everybody sing "ROUGE OF LOVE!!!"

I can't count the number of hours I've lost to Mahjong now.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Is there an item in Saejima's parts that turns down the random encounter rate and if so how do I get it? Lol trying to explore Tsukimino but I keep getting jumped every 2 seconds

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe check the pawn shop to see if they have an equip item? No idea myself where you get it, but past games have footwear you can get to reduce/remove random fights. I know you can also get the champion ring? in 5 which ups the difficulty in fights, which is something I need to get earlier when I replay it next, as it made the game way more fun.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Maybe check the pawn shop to see if they have an equip item? No idea myself where you get it, but past games have footwear you can get to reduce/remove random fights. I know you can also get the champion ring? in 5 which ups the difficulty in fights, which is something I need to get earlier when I replay it next, as it made the game way more fun.

No dice. I've done what side stories I can find, too. I was able to find a ring for Kiryu that did this in part 1, I'm sure a similar item exists for Saejima. Oh well.

This area might be the most beautiful city location in any Yakuza. Absolutely would like to see it as cleaned up as possible and will buy a remaster in a heartbeat

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hate everything related to that myself but somehow adored Haruka's chapter, it's weird. Then again I find almost everything related to her extremely endearing and love rhythm games.

Hopefully you enjoy some of it :p (though really the actual best is Kiryu's; such great content).

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
I hate everything related to that myself but somehow adored Haruka's chapter, it's weird. Then again I find almost everything related to her extremely endearing and love rhythm games.

Hopefully you enjoy some of it :p (though really the actual best is Kiryu's; such great content).

Yeah I actually really like Haruka in general and especially her character arc from Yakuza 1 to now so far. I just get tired of rhythm games quick and the main plot line is still super unresolved so it feels like needless sidetracking. Well, until Akiyama showed up just now

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
If Haruka's plot was just some plucky J Pop Idol story yeah I'd probably have felt like its filler, but plot wise its actually one of the best parts of the story, it gets pretty damn dark at points, and is a sad story to boot :( Plus if you do the side stories/interviews you get a really good/sad story, so make sure you do the Okinawa magazine interview.

If any part of the game feels unresolved, its Akiyama's part. Now there's a guy that deserved more plot in this game instead of just getting tacked onto Haruka's chapter. No "Another Drama" mode for him either. Kinda annoying as I love the character, but I guess with the game as big as it is already, getting even more plot in there was not gonna happen.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Finished Y5! Man, that was a LONG one.

Onto the Song of Life. I think I'm gonna try and 100% this one. Can't believe I've come so far since November, lol

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Y5! Man, that was a LONG one.

Onto the Song of Life. I think I'm gonna try and 100% this one. Can't believe I've come so far since November, lol

100% as in plat, or do all the completion list? As its the easiest to plat and maybe the longest to 100% due to a couple of requirements - grinding up to max rank in spear fishing, 100 home runs in baseball sim mode, all rivals defeated in Puyo Puyo... I never did 100% it since Puyo did me in back in the day (I got the last laugh on that bastard though In Judge Eyes!) and the Spear Fishing thing would take hours and hours of replaying the same mission over and over which was just stupid. Even I don't have that much time!

Auberji

Oct 25, 2017
so the dancing mini game in Yakuza Zero. I've either got no rhythm (most likely) or it's just genuinely annoying hah. I'm always off by one second and I've absolutely lost my temper with that sub story series on the final one.

Probably moving onto Kiwami 2 instead since I've did 0, Kiwami, 3, 4 and 5 last year and finished 6 in January.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
Fans are working on translating Ishin (WIP trailer in the link), will be awhile but yeah

https://www.reddit.com/r/yakuzagame...ime_to_show_you_guys_what_we_have_been_up_to/

This doesn't really seem like a good idea. Considering that survey included with Kiwami 2, i think at least Ishin is getting localized. Being that it's already on PS4 and all.

Then again, considering projects like Sonic Mania. SEGA could end up working something out with this fan translation team. Hiring them to work on the official localization would be interesting.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ishin probably isn't coming. I see no reason to believe its on the immediate horizon - you have Judge Eyes coming in Summer, the main game remasters of 3-5 still MIA for Western audiences and then Shin RGG coming at some point in the future. That's 5 Yakuza games right there. And to add to this, with all the fan service Ishin has (fuck tons) releasing it before the remasters would be the most Sega move since putting 6's release date mere days before GOW over here. Point is, by the time Ishin becomes viable it'll be pretty late in the day to localise it, and its not quite as simple as other Yakuza games thanks to some of the older language/terms used. I bet that'd be "fun" to localise, only one harder would be Kenzan in that respect and that just seems impossible at this point.

I'm not saying Ishin won't come. I just defer to my pessimistic side until I see more solid evidence.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
100% as in plat, or do all the completion list? As its the easiest to plat and maybe the longest to 100% due to a couple of requirements - grinding up to max rank in spear fishing, 100 home runs in baseball sim mode, all rivals defeated in Puyo Puyo... I never did 100% it since Puyo did me in back in the day (I got the last laugh on that bastard though In Judge Eyes!) and the Spear Fishing thing would take hours and hours of replaying the same mission over and over which was just stupid. Even I don't have that much time!

Hmm. Well, in any case I plan to stop and smell all the roses along the way.

BTW after playing 3-5 it is a JOY to be back in the Dragon Engine haha

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
so the dancing mini game in Yakuza Zero. I've either got no rhythm (most likely) or it's just genuinely annoying hah. I'm always off by one second and I've absolutely lost my temper with that sub story series on the final one.

Probably moving onto Kiwami 2 instead since I've did 0, Kiwami, 3, 4 and 5 last year and finished 6 in January.

Kiwami 2 is awesome, might be my favorite* so far. Dragon Engine plus Ryuji as a villain and of course, Majima construction.
(*i feel like my favorite yakuza game so far changes depending on the day of the week).

Auberji

Oct 25, 2017
Kiwami 2 is awesome, might be my favorite* so far. Dragon Engine plus Ryuji as a villain and of course, Majima construction.
(*i feel like my favorite yakuza game so far changes depending on the day of the week).

Yeah I might start it soon but I think I'm hitting self imposed WIP limit for my backlog at the moment haha. Dragon Engine is sick though, I wasn't too fussed about the clan creator in Y6 but the Majima Construction stuff looks like a neat improvement on it.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It, unfortunately, won't really take off in the West as long as they keep refusing to add subtitles in languages other than English. Chosing to add an English dub instead of French/Spanish/German/Italian subtitles clearly show where they stand. They used to say that they wouldn't start localizing Yakuza games because people would have missed some sequels and thus be confused. But seeing that Judgment is a brand new IP, that excuse doesn't stand anymore. It was the perfect opportunity to add other languages.
:D

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I am really, really digging Yakuza 6 so far. Grandpa Kiryu best Kiryu. Haruto is so adorable. Story already very intriguing too

Yakuza 6 is wonderful.

I feel like Yakuza 0 or 2 might be better games, but the experience I had playing Yakuza 6 is among my absolute favourites in the medium.

Had a lot invested in Kiryu's story, so I really savoured my time going through Y6 and they managed to deliver a tremendous final act to his story.
Absolutely love the other town you visit too. Not sure if you've been there yet so I won't spoil it, but it gave me really strong vibes of Yakuza 3's very memorable Okinawa. Just full of atmosphere and endearing characters.

Damn, I wish I could play through Yakuza 6 blind again.

I'm gonna need Romain to print that paragraph out, cut it up, and sprinkle it over a salad like croutons ;)
lmao

Last edited:

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I absolutely enjoyed and loved my time playing Yakuza 6. It was a fantastic experience. The new town was a very welcome change of pace and it really made you feel being in a rural area. I miss hanging out in the Snack Bar, haha. Low-key one of the best "mini games" the series ever had in my opinion. It's so wonderfully written with endearing characters.

Romain

Senior Editor, Gameblog
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna need Romain to print that paragraph out, cut it up, and sprinkle it over a salad like croutons ;)
Hey, it's not my fault you guys kept implying to me that it wouldn't have FIGS subtitles! But I'm glad I was wrong :-D. I did my part to let you guys know what European gamers wanted!

Crispy

Oct 27, 2017
New Yakuza fan here!

I picked up Yakuza 0 in a PSN sale last november since it's been recommended on here a lot. I thought it would be like GTA, which isn't my cup of tea, which is why I haven't tried it before...am I glad I finally did!

I have been playing it since november. Been busy with work and some other games in between, but I always return to Kiryu and Majima and the wonderful world they inhabit. It's just something special, just walking around, encounterimg the wacky side stories and gaining all kinds of small achievements.

I can't wait to finish zero and play the rest of the series, even if it'll probably cost me a few years :p