• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Not really seeing the hype for Judgment, sadly. Personally I can't wait to play the game but the EDGE review (6/10) and the missing hype are worrying.
Im more interested to see what Edge actually said about the game, their score seems harsh but they usually are harsher than most, But without the actual review to back up the score I don't really know what to make of it, more strange as everyone I spoke to loved the game around the Japanese launch. Either way, won't change my opinion that its one of the best in the series.

Anyway, my copy of RGG5 has shipped out from Japan today, so should have that by Monday I'd estimate. Can't wait!

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Got a Suzuki san the taxi driver sim......feels a bit weird to play RGG in summer
jB4QsKF.png

i6aqDmC.png

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Its so pretty :) Looks nice and sharp, just what I wanted! Hows the oil slick... I mean water in the intro to Kiryu's section? Still look the same (i.e. terrible) or did they touch it up any?

Oct 25, 2017
Im more interested to see what Edge actually said about the game, their score seems harsh but they usually are harsher than most, But without the actual review to back up the score I don't really know what to make of it, more strange as everyone I spoke to loved the game around the Japanese launch. Either way, won't change my opinion that its one of the best in the series.

Anyway, my copy of RGG5 has shipped out from Japan today, so should have that by Monday I'd estimate. Can't wait!

The poster of the EDGE magazine thread gave this overall description of its review:

They loved Kamorocho and the changes made to it, liked the story, didn't like the main character as much and he didn't elevate himself like Kiryu would, everything that is Yakuza about the game (which is a lot according to them) they liked, all the detective stuff was not good with the trailing missions getting called out in particular.

It seems they liked the game but it was too similar to Yakuza with a worse main character and the new detective mechanics not being much good.

This doesn't seem that different in assessment from even the most positive reviews, honestly; the difference just being how you weight the strengths and weaknesses of the game when viewing it as a whole. Pretty much everyone seems to agree that the main character is a marked change from Kiryu (which is a plus for me, since as charming as Kiryu is I'm reluctant to play another game with him as the sole protagonist, which is why I skipped 6), and the detective investigation mechanics seem more a new mechanism for more-or-less linear story delivery than genuine fleshed-out detective work that you as the play have to think through yourself. And no one likes the tailing.

Something I am wondering is if playing with the English dub as opposed to the Japanese dub makes any difference in reviewers' view of the main character. The English dub acting and script seems to bring a lot of charm to him, and that might end up resonating with English-speaking players more than the original Japanese.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
I tried to get a friend into the series and suggested he start with Yakuza 0 on PC.

He gave up not long after playing. He said he can't get past the dated game mechanics and clunky (as he put it) gameplay.

Shame.
It's indeed a shame but different strokes. It's like brother is dismissive of western games because they have "computer graphics" and won't try them out because they look janky.

I can understand the lack of autosave being a dated mechanic and the load times between places among other things. Otherwise, I disagree with the clunky gameplay. I think the fighting styles are well done as it's a shame it doesn't carry over to the Dragon Engine games. If he just wanted to power through the story, play it on easy and do the bare minimum to grind. Maybe K2 or 6 would be a better starting point. Heck, maybe even Judgment considering it's a self-contained story.

Speaking of Judgment, my copy is slated to arrive by Friday but I probably won't touch it for a few weeks. I'm a bit concerned that it looks like a reskin of Yakuza 6 with QOL improvements (I understand YK2 made QOL improvements to the Dragon Engine) and juggling. Some of the EX actions have same animations for instance. But I could be wrong. The drone certainly adds a new perspective to the city.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
It's indeed a shame but different strokes. It's like brother is dismissive of western games because they have "computer graphics" and won't try them out because they look janky.

I can understand the lack of autosave being a dated mechanic and the load times between places among other things. Otherwise, I disagree with the clunky gameplay. I think the fighting styles are well done as it's a shame it doesn't carry over to the Dragon Engine games. If he just wanted to power through the story, play it on easy and do the bare minimum to grind. Maybe K2 or 6 would be a better starting point. Heck, maybe even Judgment considering it's a self-contained story.

Speaking of Judgment, my copy is slated to arrive by Friday but I probably won't touch it for a few weeks. I'm a bit concerned that it looks like a reskin of Yakuza 6 with QOL improvements (I understand YK2 made QOL improvements to the Dragon Engine) and juggling. Some of the EX actions have same animations for instance. But I could be wrong. The drone certainly adds a new perspective to the city.

Some heat moves carry over, but I need to point out that the game has a ton of new heat moves, way more than 6 had (actually 6 regressed, even Kiwami 2 didn't give us them all back). There's so many new ones in Judgment, and as well as a wealth of new moves many now also have crowd control versions of said moves so that you can hit multiple enemies with certain throw/wall heat moves. Its only as much of a reskin as any other game in the series. Basically Yakuza 6 felt like Yakuza 1 in terms of combat content, Kiwami 2 felt like 2 (added more moves and heat moves) while Judgment feels like Yakuza 4 (way more moves, fighting styles etc.)
Only thing Judgment dials back on is certain weapons, as your a good boy, you can't go get illegal weapons.You can still find them carelessly discarded in trash bags for some reason though, unless this is a weird new delivery system Kamiyama is testing out...

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Some heat moves carry over, but I need to point out that the game has a ton of new heat moves, way more than 6 had (actually 6 regressed, even Kiwami 2 didn't give us them all back). There's so many new ones in Judgment, and as well as a wealth of new moves many now also have crowd control versions of said moves so that you can hit multiple enemies with certain throw/wall heat moves. Its only as much of a reskin as any other game in the series. Basically Yakuza 6 felt like Yakuza 1 in terms of combat content, Kiwami 2 felt like 2 (added more moves and heat moves) while Judgment feels like Yakuza 4 (way more moves, fighting styles etc.)
Only thing Judgment dials back on is certain weapons, as your a good boy, you can't go get illegal weapons.You can still find them carelessly discarded in trash bags for some reason though, unless this is a weird new delivery system Kamiyama is testing out...
Ah, I see. I saw that with some of the previews I saw (use of wall bounce heat actions, slams, etc.). I'm sure there's some other surprises as well that the previews haven't shown. Lol at finding illegal weapons in trash bags but then again, it's the same series where you find Staminan X and Tauriner lying around buildings behind furniture. I hope whoever makes the thread includes a poll for which language they're going to roll with. I think Japanese with English subs is the way to go for me.

I still need to check out Kiwami 2 to see how it differs from PS2 Yakuza 2 (aside from the obvious like revised localization, Majima stuff, nixing the male hostess side quest in favor of cabaret manager from 0, etc.). My copy just of Judgment arrived. But I'm going to refrain from cracking it open or else I'll never leave my apartment to socialize and hit the gym among other things.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I see. I saw that with some of the previews I saw (use of wall bounce heat actions, slams, etc.). I'm sure there's some other surprises as well that the previews haven't shown. Lol at finding illegal weapons in trash bags but then again, it's the same series where you find Staminan X and Tauriner lying around buildings behind furniture. I hope whoever makes the thread includes a poll for which language they're going to roll with. I think Japanese with English subs is the way to go for me.

I still need to check out Kiwami 2 to see how it differs from PS2 Yakuza 2 (aside from the obvious like revised localization, Majima stuff, nixing the male hostess side quest in favor of cabaret manager from 0, etc.). My copy just of Judgment arrived. But I'm going to refrain from cracking it open or else I'll never leave my apartment to socialize and hit the gym among other things.

There's a nice variety of heat moves in Judgment. All I'll say is, when you find yourself next to a pool, make sure you throw an enemy in there - both when grabbed from the front and behind. Its hilarious!

And yeah - Japanese with English subs for me, might do an English run for EX Hard later if I feel like it. The two versions of Yakuza 2 are nicely different in certain ways, definitely worth playing both just to experience both versions. I'm looking forward to replaying the original version of 2 myself whenever I get round to it (next year probably).

Oh, and if anyone is still keeping up with RGG Online, a new chapter is out:

Its a great chapter
filled with betrayals, and betrayals of betrayals. Lol, such crazy twists, but it does help flesh out a couple of characters, Ichiban especially - I really love how he handles the scenario and this entire chapter just made me love him more, even more excited now to see what they do with him in Shin RGG

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Judgment pre-ordered and I ready to roll.

My first spin-off, never cared about the zombie game and passed on the Fist North Star game. And the samurai games we never got and never will so i guess finally a spin-off that interested me has appeared.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ah Dead Souls... I wish they could remaster it. I'd love to replay it with a better frame rate, its not a good game really, but I still found it fun in a silly way. Plus its still got the expected amount of content you'd get from a Yakuza game.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Ah Dead Souls... I wish they could remaster it. I'd love to replay it with a better frame rate, its not a good game really, but I still found it fun in a silly way. Plus its still got the expected amount of content you'd get from a Yakuza game.

I low-key hated that game so much even having never played it lol. Just based on the fact that it put the series in a limbo state for years.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that certainly didn't help. I'd been importing the games for a couple of years prior anyway, but that really sealed the deal. Mad to think how bad things were then for the series looking at things now.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Childcare fell through, so guess who took off tomorrow to "hang out with the kid" aka play Judgment ;-) (he's deep into this game Dauntless, anyway...)

convo

Oct 25, 2017
My financial situation will have to stabilize in the next two months for me to buy a copy of Judgment, or someone who owes me 50 bucks pays me back.
That's life for me sadly but i will return by the time they announce the next game hopefully. I hope you guys enjoy it.
Also how many of you are gonna try the dub? Leave it for another playthrough or see what's it like upfront?

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like only yesterday people were urged to buy Yakuza 5 when it came to the west to help the series and now, the remaster is out.

So please things turned out well for the series/studio.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
There has been a huge surge of fans thanks to PC as well. Y3-5 will eventually get announced for everything, i'd either space them out or have it all out as a package. That would be a lot of video games to hold people over for Shin's western release. And i am sure Judgment will get announced for PC in a year or even less.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
There has been a huge surge of fans thanks to PC as well. Y3-5 will eventually get announced for everything, i'd either space them out or have it all out as a package. That would be a lot of video games to hold people over for Shin's western release. And i am sure Judgment will get announced for PC in a year or even less.

One package seems like the logic thing at this point. Sep/Oct release would do, to keep it away from any Shin hype.

I'm intrigued to see if the gap will be shortened even more for the west. They did mention about the possibility of simultaneous release for Judgment, but I can't see that happening for another title tbh.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
I might actually make it up to midnight...so close...I'm really pumped. And, unexpectedly, having last minute thoughts about going with the dub. Can you switch languages once you've started?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ah Amazon Japan, how is it your international delivery is faster than any domestic postage?

Time to clear some HDD space and get this (and Judgment when it arrives) installed and started. Time for a double 100% run! I've been looking forward to this for months/years. RGG5 has always been under rated in my eyes, with the one annoyance being the frame rate. Now that its on PS4, it should be pretty much perfect as long as you ignore some of the late game story!

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ah Amazon Japan, how is it your international delivery is faster than any domestic postage?

Time to clear some HDD space and get this (and Judgment when it arrives) installed and started. Time for a double 100% run! I've been looking forward to this for months/years. RGG5 has always been under rated in my eyes, with the one annoyance being the frame rate. Now that its on PS4, it should be pretty much perfect as long as you ignore some of the late game story!

That cover is sick

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Oh shit, Mafayu Kun, the public prosecutor in Judgment, might be my new Yakuzaverse Waifu. She's awesome so far

I have been watching some English dub streams. She is voiced by Persona 5 Makoto's VA which is awesome. Immediately recognized the voice.

Other than her voice and Matt Mercer's voice, the rest English voice over still sound quite weird in the setting. Especially some side characters sound really off. The original Japanese voice over is the way to go.

lunch

Oct 26, 2017
Just repurchased a PS4 to play Yakuza 6, which is the first time I've had one since I bought the console to play 0. I played the first two games in 2009, so it's now been a decade since I started the series, and I'm excited to finally see it wrap up.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing in English mainly because of Crispin Freeman and Greg Chun.

Crispin Freeman should play all the parts in everything.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
My financial situation will have to stabilize in the next two months for me to buy a copy of Judgment, or someone who owes me 50 bucks pays me back.
That's life for me sadly but i will return by the time they announce the next game hopefully. I hope you guys enjoy it.
Also how many of you are gonna try the dub? Leave it for another playthrough or see what's it like upfront?
Only played the Jap. dub.
Judgment will probably get some discount after the DLC rolls out so no rush.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
I tried to get into the series with Yakuza 4 a while ago, as I heard it was kind of a soft reboot for the franchise or something like that, and it didn't click with me at all. Thought this franchise just wasn't for me and moved on. Fast forward a couple of years, and Yakuza Kiwami is free on PS+. I thought "eh" and downloaded it, not knowing I would beat it and absolutely love it. I'm making my way through Yakuza 0 right now and I'm having a blast! Hoping for localization news for the Y3/4/5 remasters so I can play through the entirety of the franchise on PS4.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
First hour impressions of the RGG5 remaster:

(plot)
This might be my favourite point for Daigo, depending on if he's a super genius for outsmarting the traitors in the Tojo Clan, or he's a complete idiot for letting them infiltrate the Yakuza in the first place. Either way, I love the conversation he has with Suzuki in the taxi, and I absolutely loved the moment where he just utters "4th Chairman" and the intro theme kicks in. Really well shot, I love it!

Port wise, damn this game looks nice. Not too far off 0/Kiwami (just missing some puddles here and there really). Animation is a nice step up from 4, city looks great as expected and its soooooooooooooooooooo smooth. Mainly just been taking the sights in again, but yeah. This is going to be so fun to revisit.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
shadowman16 and other folks playing or keeping up with the mobile game. Have there been any hints or plot points that suggest at where the second location may be in Shin Yakuza.
Not that I can tell. All the game has been heavily based around Kamurocho, with that city being completely central to the story. Honestly, only city that makes sense would be Sotenbori since its the Omi that's the big bad, and that's their hide out. I'd imagine IF Shin has a second city, that it'd be a brand new plot point introduced for that game.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Finally had some time to start playing Judgment. I'm not very far, still chapter 1. I was mostly walking around Kamurocho to see what's new and what might've changed since Yakuza 6 (sure, it's not a Yakuza game, but it's set in the same world). It's one of my favorite things to do in a new "Yakuza game": exploring Kamurocho to see what's new and what has changed. Really love some of the changes to the formula already and can't wait to see and learn more, after all the game will eventually unlock a lot of other and new things including side stories (or side cases in this game, it seems). Sat down in the Sega Aracde to play Fighting Vipers and Moto Racer. Yet have to try Kamurocho of the Dead, but I already love the big ass box they put into the Club Sega at Theater Square (also kudos to Kamurocho for finally using Theater Square for something, haha). Can't wait to play more.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Actually, the two most incompetent characters in Yakuza are Daigo and Date.

It looks like it's gonna be the case again in Shin.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Not that I can tell. All the game has been heavily based around Kamurocho, with that city being completely central to the story. Honestly, only city that makes sense would be Sotenbori since its the Omi that's the big bad, and that's their hide out. I'd imagine IF Shin has a second city, that it'd be a brand new plot point introduced for that game.

Interesting. I'm personally convinced there will be a second city and as much as I love Sotenbori, it would be awesome to visit somewhere new, or return somewhere that we've only been to once before.

Sotenbori has been in Yakuza 2, Yakuza 5, Yakuza 0, Kiwami 2.
I think new fans are being over exposed to it too.

Edit: That said, I won't be disappointed or anything if it's solely a Kamurocho game.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
More time spent on Yakuza 5, mid/end chapter 2 now. So, bad news - the cuts:
Manga is no longer readable. That is all.

No surprise there, honestly out of everything that was gonna get cut, that was top of my expected list. Weirdly, unlike 3 and 4's remasters you can still look at the magazine covers in M Store (those were cut in previous games most likely due to licensing). Also, from what I've experienced and seen, all the celebrity guest cameos (like the chef, Haruka's friendly rival etc.) are all still in. So unless you really wanted to read the first chapter of AoT in Yakuza 5, you should be good!

I've been doing some of the multitude of side stuff:
Taxi driving/racing - ah how relaxing. This is all running in perfect 60FPS, racing is as hilarious as always, driving is oddly relaxing and the conversations are great as well. Its a pity the city is fairly small as more routes/fares would have been great.

Taiko Drum Master - so good. Tracks a bit on the easy side but I love it. Glad they didn't put DJMax in the game instead, that'd destroy any progress I might achieve!

UFO Claw Machines - Been focusing on the special ones - I got me a Panzer Dragoon toy, and the coveted (because its a bastard to win) Miku toy! Managed to win that one really quick. Boggles my mind why only this game gives you loads of Sega toys to get (not just Ai Ai and the gang), as other machines give you stuff like The Bonanza Bros, Opa Opa etc.

Side stories - 5 has some fantastic ones with Kiryu. Somehow I even managed to not do shit at the entrance exam story, which was a bastard to do thanks to the questions and my lack of knowledge of anything not made by Capcom! Its also nice to have them all marked on the map in this one.

Fishing - River AND sea fishing? With different mechanics? You spoil me game! Caught most of the river fish, its a nice fast paced mini game.

Noodles Chef - starts of slow to ease you in, but those last couple of levels up the ante considerably! A blast to play.

My other big take away from replaying the game is how this is the best Kiryu's been. I'm sure people are going to say 0, but... nah. Kiryu here has a fuck ton of heat moves unlocked right from the get go. He's basically end game + Yakuza 4 Kiryu at this point. And he only gets better the more heat moves and moves you unlock. And it all feels so smooth thanks to the improved frame rate (seriously, this is what I've been waiting/hoping for all this time).

So, overall this is basically making my favourite thing ever even better. Now time to get back to my career as a Taxi Driver...

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't think this was quite thread worthy (plus any Yakuza talk would probably get derailed by remaster date talk anyway...):

Its an interview regarding the remasters what with 5 just being released. Google translate was my friend here, so I only got the basic gist of it. Not sure if there was a direct reference to Kenzan or not (its shown in the article but I can't understand what was being said).
But basically some further clarification stuff that's kinda interesting:
Talking about getting all the mainline games finally on PS4.
Talking about them wanting to continue to up their focus in Asia/China to built the series up further.
Also, and this is probably the bit that more people here will care about:

Q. Compared with the PS3 period, it is mainly based in Asia. The series began to actively promote the European and American markets during the PS4 period. What is different in the development of Europe and the United States?

Sato producer:
Starting from Zero, we put a lot of energy into Chinese culture. Although the European and American parts are slightly later than Asia, the development in Europe and the United States is also very good. Next, we will invest more energy in Europe and the United States and Asia.

So yeah, doesn't sound like Sega has plans on slowing down anytime soon. I didn't see any reference to PC, but they did briefly mention the PS5 (though nothing concrete).

Oh and the bit I care most about, was making mention to Shin RGG - they mention in the article that they will be unveiling the actress who's going to be Ichiban's main love interest? partner? on July 10th. Also they briefly mention that there will be more news about the game at that point as well. So that's sooner than I expected (I thought TGS this year in September). I don't expect much, I'm honestly most interested to see who the lady will be. Still, cool news none the less.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sega can keep going as fast as they want.

I can't keep up with the games even as a big fan, only being halfway through Kiwami 2, with Lost Paradise in the backlog and now Judgement, which I would absolutely get day one if I didn't have all these other games. Plus the eventual remasters and I'll probably never buy a game in the series for full price day one again at the current pace.

I'd still rather have it like this than the PS3 days which I remember were painful.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Didn't think this was quite thread worthy (plus any Yakuza talk would probably get derailed by remaster date talk anyway...):

Its an interview regarding the remasters what with 5 just being released. Google translate was my friend here, so I only got the basic gist of it. Not sure if there was a direct reference to Kenzan or not (its shown in the article but I can't understand what was being said).
But basically some further clarification stuff that's kinda interesting:
Talking about getting all the mainline games finally on PS4.
Talking about them wanting to continue to up their focus in Asia/China to built the series up further.
Also, and this is probably the bit that more people here will care about:

Q. Compared with the PS3 period, it is mainly based in Asia. The series began to actively promote the European and American markets during the PS4 period. What is different in the development of Europe and the United States?

Sato producer:
Starting from Zero, we put a lot of energy into Chinese culture. Although the European and American parts are slightly later than Asia, the development in Europe and the United States is also very good. Next, we will invest more energy in Europe and the United States and Asia.

So yeah, doesn't sound like Sega has plans on slowing down anytime soon. I didn't see any reference to PC, but they did briefly mention the PS5 (though nothing concrete).

Oh and the bit I care most about, was making mention to Shin RGG - they mention in the article that they will be unveiling the actress who's going to be Ichiban's main love interest? partner? on July 10th. Also they briefly mention that there will be more news about the game at that point as well. So that's sooner than I expected (I thought TGS this year in September). I don't expect much, I'm honestly most interested to see who the lady will be. Still, cool news none the less.

Cool, will be good to hear more about Shin that soon.
Also great to hear that they're still looking to ramp up western promotion of the games.

Really though, why is that Kenzan image in the article.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
More time spent on Yakuza 5, mid/end chapter 2 now. So, bad news - the cuts:
Manga is no longer readable. That is all.

Speaking of the magazines: I'm quite sad that starting with Yakuza 6 (?) they stopped making you browse the magazine covers. Sure you can go into 1st person and now look at the rack in the store to see a limited amount of pixelated covers, but personally I enjoyed just browsing the high quality magazine covers through the menu when "checking" the rack. Always was a "let's see what magazine covers they put in this time" kinda moment. Kinda like exploring Kamurocho to see what's new or what has changed. Sadly, Judgment is also missing them. I did enjoy going through the conbini and taking a look at all products from 1st person view though.

Speaking of details: Is it just me or are there less "raunchy ads" in Judgment's Kamurocho than they were in Yakuza 6? Granted, I haven't done a stroll through Pink Street yet, but there was one "adult store" in the Hotel District and its display on the outside was just empty. Or maybe it always was like and I'm simply misremembering it. Of course, there's still other ads for hostess clubs and more. Not that this is a bad thing, just something I noticed.

Taxi driving/racing - ah how relaxing. This is all running in perfect 60FPS, racing is as hilarious as always, driving is oddly relaxing and the conversations are great as well. Its a pity the city is fairly small as more routes/fares would have been great.

I wish there were more taxi missions in Yakuza 5 where you actually get to drive the car. I did them all in one go and was a bit sad that there weren't more of them. It's like one half of them is driving, the other half just the talking parts (which are all great though).

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to space the taxi stuff out. I don't want to do the driving ones too soon! But hey, we got the Devil Killers to defeat as well when I want some high octane racing! Its amazing how Yakuza goes from the most mundane driving sim in a 3rd person action game to something so off the wall, all without batting an eyelid. I love this series...

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Beat Kiwami 2 last night along with GOAT mini game story line with the cabaret club. Fucking great rid.
Can't decide if I loved the story of Kiwami 2 or Y0 more, both were so good.

Now to wait on Y3-Y5 ports.
Edit: damn forgot I've got the Majima saga to tackle now haha

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Cool, will be good to hear more about Shin that soon.
Also great to hear that they're still looking to ramp up western promotion of the games.

Really though, why is that Kenzan image in the article.

So, someone on Reddit has offered a way better translation:

Basically, they mention Kenzan because the director has mentioned that maybe they will do a remake in the future. Personally, I'd be happy with just a remaster, not a remake (its already a great game, just gimme reduced load times for battles and 60FPS/1080p and I'm good) but apparently that wouldn't be good enough... Oh, and apparently they'd want to release it worldwide as well.